Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Keep freeze panes setting when opening a second window.

Keep freeze panes setting when opening a second window. I frequently open a new window (second view of the same workbook) so I can make changes on one tab of the workbook and instantaneously view the results on a second tab of the workbook without having to select back and forth between two tabs. The problem is once the second view is opened it no longer adheres to the freeze pane settings of the workbook. I find myself re-freezing the panes multiple times a day.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Katie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Acampora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This fix should include gridlines, headings, and all Window level settings/properties that are lost when a new window is opened. Thank you!

• Brian Arriaga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this change as well. Keep the freeze panes settings when opening a new window of the same workbook.

• DV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, also gridlines start showing, whereas in original window they are turned off

• Bree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. This would be a fabulous upgrade. Always re-freezing in second window. So annoying.

• Richard Noakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Please keep the freeze panes settings for each tab regardless of how many windows are open.
    I have to continually re-freeze panes and it's becoming a real nuisance, especially when building formulas.
    Regards, Richard

Feedback and Knowledge Base