Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Make Excel window grabbing (and moving) painless

I just upgraded from Excel 2007 to 2016 on Win10. I am amazed how the user interface has degraded. I just spent about 5 minutes trying to grab the Excel window I'd moved to the top of my monitor's screen (so that workbook was visible while I was in another application) and I couldn't do it! At ALL!! I had to close it down from the bottom menu bar! MAJOR FAILURE! There's so much garbage up on the top that you've literally sacrificed usability for mostly useless abilities. Keeping the ability to "link" while dumping the ability to move the window (Excel's parent window) is about the most incompetent design decision I can imagine.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Li Zhi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    already supported  ·  Dan Battagin [MS XL] responded  · 

Moving Excel using the top (green by default) bar is already supported, and works the same as it has in previous versions. If you can link to a video that shows the problem you’re having, we’ll be more than happy to take a look.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve McGuffey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The green area bar has no free space to grab the window to move it. Constantly clicking on another part of the screen option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base