Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Excel Ink Broken in NEW ways

Fix The Pen, Now. I spent $$$$$$ on the Surface Book, and now the main purpose of buying it is DEAD.

Specifically, Excel sporadically chooses when and when not to allow pen for inking. Sometimes there is an invisible box where writing isn't allowed. Sometimes it works okay, but I am literally in the cold sweat mode hoping it works each time. Maybe I need counseling?

By the way, I have an audience of 50-100 future business managers every day, watching me use this. I get a new group every 3-4 months. Guess what I complain about!?

Fix it. Then don't f*%^$*#(*& with it again without testing it completely before release.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same issue. We use both the older Asus transformer 2in1 and we started using the surface 3 late last year. Now the older Asus units are performing just fine while my surface units are all having this issue with the pens not drawing in excel. Very frustrating. Please fix asap. I buy the units for my company and I like the surface personally but this issue is holding up productivity. We are getting ready to purchase another batch of units in July, if this problem hasn't been resolved I will have no choice but to purchase non surface units. Thanks for your help.

Feedback and Knowledge Base