Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Add 'date picker' to enable users to select a date from a mini calendar into cells

1,097 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Figures shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Product Owner, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi all,

We have been working on this, and wanted to get your feedback on how you see this feature fitting into your workflow. We have a quick one question survey for you to give us your thoughts on the look and keyboard shortcuts we have at this time. Please see here for more: aka.ms/datePickerSurvey

Thanks!
Blake, Excel Product Team

927 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most useful features in Excel. Why is it taking so long for MS to give us something that works??

• Albert Bakker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A DatePicker is an extremly useful tool in setting up easy automated reporting. For most users it handles very intuitively, if done properly gives the whole a more slick and inviting appearance. It is sorely missed. And it's absence ever increasinly frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the date picker in customizing many excel reports and forms for the company i work for. One of my key responsibilities is streamlining and improving processes already in place. The date picker is a very useful asset

• OssieMac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To MS. Please respond and tell us where you are at with this and when we are likely to see ti. Considering that we used to have a date picker control and for some unknown reason Microsoft decided to delete it from our applications. Most users would be happy if you simply gave it back to us as it used to be.

• andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This date picker should be available / easily accessible as default-option like the formatting feature by right-clicking any cell and choosing date-picker / calendar from the popup menu.
    And I shall be very grateful if we (the users) could get this feature as an Add-In also for earlier versions of Excel (e.g. XL2010/2013)

• Jaffar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a date picker and/or month view control in Excel 64 bit. I have used these controls in previous versions of excel and found them extremely useful.

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a date picker and/or month view control in Excel 64 bit. I have used these controls in previous versions of excel and found them extremely useful.
    It would be very convenient if the control could inserted into a cell on spreadsheet with a mouse click like the date picker control in word can be added to a form.

• Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. It should work both in desktop and online version of Excel and should be available as an update/add-in for desktop versions of Excel from 2010.
    2. There should be an option to choose which date is selected after opening the calendar, e.g. today or maybe a specific date.
    3. There should be an option to limit the choice like in data validation for cell: dates banned from choice would be grayed out (not not necessarily with gray colour - it should depend on theme colours :-).

• Bill Curto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In haiku, because that's the only way they listen:

Please add Date Picker
    Everyone can use this thing
    Be cool, Microsoft

• Holly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to use the date picker in a VBA userform to make it easier for my users to enter date and attendance information into a program tracking system.

• Leonardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's amazing that Excel 32 bits can have a datepicker but 64 bits doesn't. Please, provide a date picker 64.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47

Feedback and Knowledge Base