Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Add 'date picker' to enable users to select a date from a mini calendar into cells

946 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Figures shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi all,

We have been working on this, and wanted to get your feedback on how you see this feature fitting into your workflow. We have a quick one question survey for you to give us your thoughts on the look and keyboard shortcuts we have at this time. Please see here for more: aka.ms/datePickerSurvey

Thanks!
    Blake, Excel Product Team

900 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bugs Bunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG Please add! I have gone to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgUtRix-IE and found instructions on how to add a plugin to the right click menu. It required VBA programming which I'm not good with but was well worth the effort. I use it nearly every day. It works very well 98% of the time but sometimes fails to load and it does not work when trying to insert a date into a defined Excel Table.

• Dieter Reimann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think, I'm the 10.146.582th Person, wich is totally angry about the taken out date picker. I've been using it in more then 50 EXCEL/VBA Projects and all of them stopped running after some Office Updates. Finaly I've fixed ma VBA Projects by Building my own Date Picker with Forms-Elements but this is much more complex, then the previous solution with the old Date Picker active x Control. And yes, a Date Picker in cells, wich are formated as Date Fields is also nessesary, due to to much Errors bases on wrong date entries, wich crashes the Code or leads formulas into the "N/A" state or similar.
        With Kind regards, Dieter Reimann

• Forrest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we f*cking need the f*ck of it, it's f*¨ckung 6AM in the morning and I didn't sleep yet trying to fix a workbook that used to have a monthview now on newer version it's gone, now i have to open the code and fix it and open the textbox and let the user f*ck it up manualy and put what ever he likes, so the dates now will be f*cked up, or the code will be crashing, it's hours of work, you f*cking idiots why you had to take off in the first place you stupid f*cking morons

• \Ernst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add 'date picker' to enable users to select a date from a mini calendar into cells should be a standard feature of Excel

← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45

Feedback and Knowledge Base