Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Add 'date picker' to enable users to select a date from a mini calendar into cells

1,004 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Figures shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi all,

We have been working on this, and wanted to get your feedback on how you see this feature fitting into your workflow. We have a quick one question survey for you to give us your thoughts on the look and keyboard shortcuts we have at this time. Please see here for more: aka.ms/datePickerSurvey

Thanks!
    Blake, Excel Product Team

914 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill Curto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In haiku, because that's the only way they listen:

Please add Date Picker
        Everyone can use this thing
        Be cool, Microsoft

• Holly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to use the date picker in a VBA userform to make it easier for my users to enter date and attendance information into a program tracking system.

• Leonardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's amazing that Excel 32 bits can have a datepicker but 64 bits doesn't. Please, provide a date picker 64.

• cs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful - especially if I can customize to block selected dates from availability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to add 'date picker' to enable users to select a date from a mini calendar into cells

• KH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use dates in a lot of my excel sheets and a date picker would improve the function of my sheets immensely and it would be so much quicker and easier.

• Faraz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft please add date picker in office 365 it will value to office , very useful for students and business people

• SpillerBD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So Excel, you give us cool tool where we take action on a cell to help schedule a Meeting or show on My Calendar, but there is no Date Picker?
        It's hard to believe that NO ACTION has been taken to restore all the great things lost when going from 32-bit to 64-bit. The DATE PICKER was such an important tool for many user friendly Workbooks and even templates.
        However, Microsoft proves the inconsistency of complexity.

(I will concede that the PowerBI tools have been a great addition and need the 64-bit memory with the Workbooks I have. But to cut the legs off a pedestrian feature.... That's just cruel.)

• Bugs Bunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG Please add! I have gone to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgUtRix-IE and found instructions on how to add a plugin to the right click menu. It required VBA programming which I'm not good with but was well worth the effort. I use it nearly every day. It works very well 98% of the time but sometimes fails to load and it does not work when trying to insert a date into a defined Excel Table.

• Dieter Reimann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think, I'm the 10.146.582th Person, wich is totally angry about the taken out date picker. I've been using it in more then 50 EXCEL/VBA Projects and all of them stopped running after some Office Updates. Finaly I've fixed ma VBA Projects by Building my own Date Picker with Forms-Elements but this is much more complex, then the previous solution with the old Date Picker active x Control. And yes, a Date Picker in cells, wich are formated as Date Fields is also nessesary, due to to much Errors bases on wrong date entries, wich crashes the Code or leads formulas into the "N/A" state or similar.
        With Kind regards, Dieter Reimann

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46

Feedback and Knowledge Base