Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Allow users to control the order of items in the sunburst chart.

I'm using a sunburst chart to convey status, and visually it would be nice to have the chart in the same order as the items I want to talk about them, so the discussion flows clockwise around the wheel. Having an option for the layout to follow the order in the excel list would be wonderful

116 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Rundle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Accepting Votes  ·  Scott Ruble (PM MSFT) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback. This is an interesting idea. We’ll consider it in our next round of planning. Please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
Scott [MSFT]

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An "interesting idea"? It's pretty basic functionality for a sunburst chart! How hard is to change that? Amazed this hasn't been fixed. If you are look at months/ quarters data then it is really not helpful for instance. Maybe the reason there has been less votes on this, is that no-one bothers to use sunburst very often as it is very versatile or useful.

• Michael Terning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news? Dear I hope for an improved sunburst in 2019 regarding this issue in?

I've been waiting for a update ragarding this issue for the last year or so..
    With 92 wotes i don't think this issue will have any priority for a long time.
    Need to start a campaign to get those wotes up..

What is the status of this request? The initial is 2 years old and I'd love to hear that this has since been made available... or is expected in a near term release! PS - I don't see anything that indicates this has been done for excel users yet... I'm in total agreement with everyone looking for this capability.

• Alice Stapleton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes yes yes! I want my data to be symmetrical on the wheel. This would be incredibly helpful! Thank you for working this in to Excel's next release.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs ability for user to place in sequence/user defined order....need ability for text to break as user defined by char and not have text auto-scale for uniformity/read-ability....needs ability to follow sequence user used to define the data, otherwise this chart is subpar.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree; this would be an essential feature and greatly increase the value and utility of the sunburst chart.

• Hoevi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think, both versions of sort may be useful: sorted by value descending and in the order of the original data list.

• PAF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need this option, and possibly options for direction of text to be consistent throughout the chart. LOVE this chart

I noted the need for this immediately- need to keep dates in sequence, be able to identify cyclical patterns

Agree with all of the comments here. Need the ability to keep data in spreadsheet order and callouts if labels don't fit in the slice!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base