A "tree" view like worksheet explorer for grouping worksheet and navigating worksheets. Similar to windows explorer for files/folders n
A "tree" view of worksheets explorer. For grouping of worksheet and navigation of worksheets. Similar to Windows explorer for files/folders management and navigation. The "tree" worksheet explorer shall appear vertically at the side of the excel software window. This will also speed up the navigation when compare to navigating the worksheets by scrolling the worksheets horizontally
As I have many workbooks with lots of sheets, using advanced features, I'd really like to get a better overview of my work.
Besides grouping of Sheets (with collapse/expand function in the tab list),
I'd wish to have a configurable workbook navigating pane (on the left) with the following options:
- switch between worksheet preview images and detailed text tree view
- multiple outline levels, with view-level selection
- filter protected/unprotected, hidden/unhidden
- enable/disable listing relevant items under each sheet, like:
- - named ranges
- - conditional formatting rules
- - data validation
- - objects (drawing, OLE, etc)
- - charts, series
- - tables
- - array formulas
- - hyperlinks
- - external references
- - errors
- - sheet macros
- - UDFs
- double-click to jump to the item (for modifying it)
- single-click to select an item (with preview when hovering the mouse cursor for a while)
- multi-select of items
- context menu to copy/paste/delete/duplicate/hide/unhide/protect/unprotect/edit/goto selected items (where applicable)
- properties pane to apply changes to all selected items (e.g. for the move but don't resize with cells).
Gabriel Shabat commented
I would also like to see this for organizational purposes of the sheet order in a large book, especially when multiple sheets are hidden.
Ryan MacGregor commented
Macabacus has this. It's called Explorer Pane. See https://www.macabacus.com/features for more.