Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Creation of PPT slides directly from excel Sheet

Hi All,

I would like to see a new feature in excel, where from just one click we can export the excel sheet , charts ,objects in powerpoint slides.

Regards,
Rajender

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rajender shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Accepting Votes  ·  Scott Ruble (PM MSFT) responded  · 

This is an interesting idea. We will definitely consider it while planning our next round of features. Please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
Scott [MSFT]

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Sobel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is like my idea I posted - search for "Big dream of an idea - Would it be possible to integrate Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and/or Access/SQL??"

• Sameer Bhide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Scott[MSFT] - Did you know that in Excel Ver 5 (1993) you could right click on a sheet and say insert -> Slide

This feature was promptly removed in the next version - because MS realized that nobody would then buy Power point

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Chris Newman - Also left you comment through site but I could not complete order process to try evaluation version. "Total cannot be 0" at checkout.

• Andreas Thehos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be great. Actually we are using several VBA Solutions to create presentations automatically.

- f.e. save one presentation for any row of a large Excel PivotTable by pressing a button. This saves days at creating nearly 800 different presentations.
    - to fill several objects of different slides by connecting cell references to slides and form names (Some VBA Code at YouTube (German) : https://youtu.be/K3zvMrrYaHM )
    - for mass printing of different Excel rows to the same type of slide (certificates like mail merge in Word)

The implemented solution could be a simple list of cell and object references to the path of a PowerPoint template, the slide number or type of slide and the name of the destinatíon form.

Thanks again
    Andreas

• Chris Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome if this feature was baked into Excel. If you google search "E2P Excel", I've created an Excel add-in that will easily do this for you. Could give Microsoft an idea for tackling this request :)

• eugenio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made this into a macro - press a keyboard shortcut and the chart is copied and centered into a new slide after the active one. Huge timesaver.

• Zack Barresse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something done quite often. We have to write code to do this currently, which is quite popular. Having this functionality natively would be used quite a bit I imagine. Good idea Rajender!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, that would be grateful if we have a feature in excel wherein we can export the excel sheet charts and objects into power point slides. That would indeed help us in minimizing the man efforts and also improve the quality of work, innovative thing I must say and appreciate.

• Mahesh M Menon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its an awesome faeture, which helps to reduce the workload & improves the quality of Excel & powerpoint.

Feedback and Knowledge Base