Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Open new excel documents in new windows so that window management actually works

Opening a document will not create a new window, and navigating multiple excel sheets is a pain. Please add an option to open all new documents as separate windows.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excel unlocker tool download for lost Excel file password recovery that makes users eligible to read entire existing data in seconds. This is the fastest tool ever that works with excellence to break Excel file password, Word file password and Access file password. eSoftTools this advanced Excel password breaker tool is the master key to crack multiple MS Offices files password immediately.User this application for all Excel versions to unlock any Excel file format protected with password like .xls, .xlsx, xlsm, .xltm, .xla, xlam and .xlsb
    Read more:
    http://www.excelpasswordrecovery.esofttools.com/

When you work with 2 screen simoultaniously, if you have different excels, you only can open, it is impossible to open each excel in each one screen

• Gurunath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows management is a very high want for corporate users that have multiple monitors. Is there a workaround for Excel 2010?

In 2010 version, you have to option to open Excel in the same instance by opening new workbooks from Explorer or using File - Open. If you want a new instance of Excel, you open one using the Start button. This is fantastic! As someone who uses multiple screens, I like having two different instances of Excel going, but do not want every workbook to be a new instance. 2010 makes using two screens and copying between and among instances extremely convenient. Unfortunately, 2013 did away with that and now every time you open a new workbook, you have to sign into your add-ins and working with multiple workbooks and multiple screens is frustrating and a HUGE waste of time. Had IT put 2010 back on my new machine because of it. Please, please, please fix this issue and revert back to the 2010 way. Then everyone can get what they want. Thanks!!

• Mark Jung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I am comparing/moving data between two spreadsheets, (e.g. comparing transaction data from two different sources, or moving chunks from raw data reports into a nice report) I need to have multiple instances of excel open. However, any new excel file is automatically opened inside the same instance. I found an registry hack to fix this a while ago, but it broke after some update. I pretty much never ever want to keep documents in the same excel instance as I move windows around constantly while working and anytime I consciously have to stop, close a file, open an instance of excel, open the file in the new instance, and close the default new document, it causes me to hate excel.

• Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can Excel workbooks please, please, please open in their own windows and not pile into a single instance of excel. It's nearly impossible to manage more than two or three things at a time on a corporate 17 inch monitor. Moreover, it makes working between workbooks nearly impossible and using excel on two monitors is out of the question (unless i intentionally open separate instances of excel, but files open to the nearest instance).
    Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base