Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

Integrate the d3.js visualisation library into excel.

I know there is an add in E2D3 (thanks for putting it together) but its not comprehensive enough or reliable enough. The ability to do comprehensive manipulation of data and the display complex information graphically is what separates Excel from other programs. If this was integrated it would crush the competition and make my life so much easier. Amongst the things I do are patient flow analytics for hospitals. Currently I use a stand alone Sankey generator which is a perfect visualisation but it is external and clunky to use (due to my lack of skills). If it was integrated it would be amazing.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Accepting Votes  ·  Scott Ruble (PM MSFT) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature request which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

In the meantime, you can also use Office Addins found on the Excel 2013 insert tab. You can create your own Office Addins or use those from the store – many of which are visualizations. The Office Add-ins essentially allow you to use javascript and javascript libraries such as d3.js to create what ever you need.

Thanks,
Scott [MSFT]

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base