Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I know if I already have a One Drive account from your FQA screen? You should have a flip down that tells me what I have or are in a

In your FQA window you want me to sign-up for a One Drive account. Why not put a pull down that tells me what features I already have and one that tells me if I'm on a share list.

If I already have an account and I'm trying to set up a new account the system should inform me of the situation and offer a way to get into the old account. (A method that actually works, and does not stick the user into an endless repeating loop.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conditional formatting for cells using alt+enter

We enter multiple dates in individual cells using ALT+Enter. When a date is over one year, we would like that expired date to change color. For example, today's date is 09/06/2019. One cell has 07/01/2018, 08/15/2018, 02/02/2019, 07/15/2019. Two of these dates are greater than 1 year and should change to red/bold while the remaining two dates remain black. Once the spreadsheet is opened on 2/3/2019, then the 2/2/2019 date would change to bold red.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel tables should be separate UI elements from the tabbed spreadsheets

I love the Excel Tables and I believe they should have been part of Excel from the beginning. Now that we have them, I am not happy with the way they are forced into the legacy GUI, namely that we still have monolithic single spreadsheet for a "canvas" that may contain more than one of these Excel Tables, but because these tables share the same spreadsheet grid, one always runs into undesirable side-effects, such as disabled Insert/Delete of spreadsheet rows and/or the "This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet" errors that should not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I recommend an export feature for a single cell or a page. What I mean is exporting the data pertaining to one line, so that you have a text

I can't see the forest for the trees. The concept here is when you are trying to get familiar with a bit of data in a sheet, you can make a data chip. Chit. A note. You export a little bit of data as a file, and you have a reminder for a new bit of data you are working on remembering. Export a line of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Solve ALL our troubles

Over some time here, it's become apparent Excel just has problems that could have been avoided if they'd handled things properly. I have the solution for all of them, past and present, and so suggest:

The Excel product managers should consult me daily for all matters concerning changes, proposed changes, nixed changes, and basically anything to do with functionality and be guided by my rulings and my own suggestions.

It's clear to me that this would go a long distance toward finally solving all the difficulties I have with the imperfect product Excel currently is. I heartily recommend that folks…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. biçimlendirme

grup sıralaması yaparken 3101,01 ile 3101,1 hücre içerisinde 3101,1 olarak gözükmekte. bu soruna çözüm bulabilir misiniz?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It will be helpful if you provide cloud option for a cell or multiple cells

It will be helpful if you provide cloud option for a cell or multiple cells. Just in a single click, a cloud appear around the selected cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New conditional formatting function -- any time a value changes, it changes the shading back and forth between two colors.

New conditional formatting function -- any time a value changes, it changes the shading back and forth between two colors. This would be super helpful to see where a group of values changes to a new one. This is different than conditional formatting on "duplicate values" because if there are two sets of values that are adjacent it shades them all currently. This would be super useful! Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save and undo button too close (Layout issue)

One can easily click the undo button then hit save without noticing. Please do consider total redesign lol, or something else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a popup window for list of items that need to be summarized in a cell

Often there is a need for lists of data that are summarized into larger tables. Although this data can be created on a separate tab, this can be cumbersome when trying to go between tabs to see what the data is. This problem can be mitigated by creating a pop-up window to see the data that is being summarized in the cell. The data would still be stored in a separate tab, but the pop-up window will allow for quick reference to that data. The window would open either with a right-click or just a mouse-over on the cell, much…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Security / Password Protection System Issue @ Microsoft Office Suite's (MS Excel, Word, Power Point) & Windows (XP, 7 & 8)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this suggestion/feedback because from past few years I noticed that in windows (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1) as well as in Office suite (2007,2013,2016) some issues is there in Password Protection System, mainly in MS Excel. All the security/ Password Protection System issue I mentioned in the attachment. Kindly go through the attachment.

This is for your kind information.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Autofill + fill colour

When excel suggests an autofill, it could also apply fill colour from previous cells. For example i constantly write in cell "Good client" and us fill colour option for green color. Next time i start to write, excel already suggests "Good client", but it also could offer "Good client" with green fill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. how to open password protected zip file with eSoftTools ZIP Password Recovery

Trying to recover the zip file password, then download and install the eSoftTools ZIP password recovery software for recovers files password by using three recovery techniques- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. this tool can able to restore all types of the password without any problem in a few minutes.

A FREE TRIAL VERSION available on its official website of eSoftTools

Read More:- https://www.esofttools.com/zip-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. drag line chart so it populates table/data was in 2010

drag line chart so it populates table/data was in 2010

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. network shared file

When opening a file over a network drive, get the validation message asking if it is safe. Wondering if there is a way to ask to put the network file in a white list or the directory? Completely understand why the validation message pops up. If the file or directory is allowed to be whitelisted and is no longer an annoying message to edit the file, it give validity to the prompting and make excel/office a little more user friendly. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove duplicates form should open the first item in column list having focus. This improves shortcuts.

This will make the form easier to use for keyboard users. Currently, the most common way to use the form from the keyboard is alt-a-m tab tab enter. This suggestion gets rid of the two tab strokes.

The current form opens with the "select all" button having focus. There is never a need to press the select all button first thing when the form opens, because it opens with everything selected by default.

The first column list item is a natural place to start the focus because the enter key activates the ok button; so alt-a-m-enter would remove dupliates, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base