Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Habilitando una opción simple y clara para desproteger libros con contraseña

Hola. He querido desproteger un libro de excell que yo mismo protegí y no encuentro una opción simple y clara para hacerlo.

Es irónico, pero yo mismo protegí el libro y sé la contraseña pero no puedo desprotegerlo fácilmente

Creo que una vez el libro está protegido, debería haber una opción que diga desproteger y que solicite la contraseña y de inmediato el libro quede desprotegido

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Widen the Year range supported by Formatting in Office 365 Home User Edition

Please implement an earlier year range for sorting dates. As identified elsewhere, the range goes well and truly into the future but only back to 1900? Please.....
    This is not a power user function, or purely a commercial requirement. Not having it supported in the home user version of Office 365 is frustrating. It is more likely this is what a home user really needs (for genealogy or research etc) and trying to 'force' people to buy the commercial version for such a small change/functionality by restricting the range is .... well I'll say no more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need features similar to Smartsheets

I have been using Smartsheets in lieu of excel as it allows me to assign a row to contacts for actions in their court and sends them reminders to update progress. Also the collaboration and sharing of workbooks feature that provides current information would be very helpful with Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Surface numeric keyboard stays on the screen instead of going back to qwerty screen from cell to cell.

Format surface touch keyboard that so the numeric keyboard can stay on the screen instead of going back to qwerty screen when going from cell to cell. It used to do this, but one of the recent updates changed it. I was hoping it was a glitch and would be fixed, but it hasn't. I do a weekly liquor inventory and have to push &123 button over 600 times to input numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cursor controls unique to individual spreadsheets

How about making cursor controls unique to individual spreadsheets rather than having just one global setting. I use several spreadsheets at any given time -- having the cursor move to the right after hitting ENTER is good for some of them, but having the cursor move down after hitting ENTER works for others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel bug when copy a filtered long list

Hi I have a Speedsheet with a lot of data with over 90740 registres from different years, as some data was filled with blank and 0, It was a large file over 80 Mbytes. I filtered to exclude the data and to copy de resulting in to a new spreedsheet to reduce the size of the file.

when I analyze de copied data results I have found that only about 1/3 of the valid data was copied even do Excel filter shows that only 0 and blank data has been filtered in reallity the filter took more away, I just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7 zip password recovery

If someone wants to open password-protected 7z file without password and don't want to lose file information then go with eSoftTools 7zip password recovery tool. it responds with three recovery techniques- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack and gives your password back. this 7z unlocker tool comes with the free demo version, available on official website of eSoftTools.

More info:- https://www.7zpasswordrecovery.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. eSoftTools 7zip password recovery

A smart and advanced tool is developed by eSoftTools to remove password from 7zip file named as 7zip password recovery tool. it has some recovery process which helps in instant password recovery. this software can support all windows and 7zip varients.

More info:- https://www.7zpasswordrecovery.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. to put shorthand tips readily available like a recommendation type lie how to use hyphen as text in a call, formula tutorial etc

helpchatbot or smart tips for excel to make it easier to compute for e.g. margins, performance growth %, interest, etc.... to be easily assisted based on the column headers

smart print preview suggestion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a modeless PowerPivot Measures Pane (or make the existing one modeless)

Why is the PivotTable Fields Pane non-modal, but the #PowerPivot Measures dialog modal?

I LIVE in that Measures dialog. I ALWAYS want to have it open. And I want to be able to park it permanently over in Monitor 1 where it can merrily not obscure my Dashboard like my Fields pane doesn't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make all Desktop functionality available on the browser. There should be a seamless experience between browser and desktop versions.

When I work on something collaboratively in the browser, it would be great for all shortcuts, formatting, and operations to function as seamlessly as possible.

These are my own thoughts and words.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow custom format input directly in Home Ribbon

Instead of inputting custom number formats by clicking on the drop down and then selecting 'More Number Formats' and then selecting 'Custom' and then typing the format into the Type box. - Make it so you can just type in the custom format into the drop down. Like how you can type in 'Percentage' from the ribbon, it would be nice if you could simply type in values like 0.00% or MMM-YY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable scrolling through Help whilst text boxes are open

Allow scrolling down the Help section whilst text boxes are open/in use - enables the action to be performed simultaneously whilst the instructions are being followed, for example Data Validation - currently unable to continue with instructions once the text box is open/in use - have to start all over again if further instructions are required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cell fill depending on its value (percentage)

It would be cool to colour-fill a cell depending on it´s content. With "conditional formatting" you can fill the whole cell, but i am looking for something different:
    If you have a table with relative numbers (%) you could fill the cells e.g. only 25% if the value in the table is 25%. So you can present a greater table more clearer.
    You already can plot that with a graph but not in a table design (see attached screenshot).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Software

eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Software is capable of recover, remove, & unlock password combinations like Alphabetic, Numeric, & Symbolic Character. With this application, you can also, remove password from MS Excel, Access, & Word file with all supported versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit). It has offered three recovery attack options such as Dictionary Attack, Mask Attack, & Brute Force Attack with FREE DEMO VERSION to the user preview.

Visit Here For More Info https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fill menu

In the fill menu, Fill up menu icon is wrong? the small rectangle should be below the arrow. Is that correct?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Table Slicer selection value

There should be an array formula to get which items are selected in a slicer without using a pivot table

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Count function for colors and icons used with or without conditional formatting.

I see many "ideas" like mine "flagged" as "inappropriate." Hum! Is Microsoft really interested in user inputs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide Within parameter for Range.Replace method

VBA Range.Replace method applies the current Within (Workbook) setting of the Find/Replace dialog box even though an explicit range of workbook.sheet.cells is provided to the method. The desire is to replace only within the scoped range, not across all sheets of a workbook. Although the VBA can be coded to first execute a benign Range.Find instruction which "magically, without the option to indicate" resets the Within property value to Sheet, the responsibility of having to do so should not be necessary. The Range.Replace method should provide for a Within parameter and stick to the range of Sheet or Workbook according…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base