Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be way to hide the columns without the indicators visible to other

we should be able to hide columns without other users noticing the same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error en realizar resta en excel.

Hola, al realizar la resta de dos números me da un resultado erróneo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed Snippet into the 'Insert' tab.

I love your snipping tool! However, it is far too cumbersome within the Office environment. Why not just embed it into the 'Insert" tab?

Currently, users have the additional unnesseccary steps:

-Step outside of the Office environment

-Save the Snippet to a file or desktop

-Return to the Office environment

-Click on the "Insert" tab

-Select "Pictures"

-Find the folder location of the Snippet

-Optional, but likely: I find that most users don't keep their snippets beyond just sharing for some temporary purpose (paste it in a document, email, etc.). In these cases they'd either have to return to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Waterfall Chart missing formatting options

Waterfall charts do not offer the Rounded Corners option as other charts do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Expand All and Collapse All To Selection Pane

The Selection Pane includes Show All / Hide All buttons.
    Please add ability to Collapse All and Expand All grouped items.
    Additionally, add ability to expand or collapse only the selected groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make ";" an optional command in the Quick Access Toolbar

In some countries Excel uses ";" instead of "," in formula arguments. A lot of people like to use their mouse creating formulas. This is easy to implement og will make workflow a lot easier for a number of people outside of US.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2019 PASTE SPECIAL not updated

With Excel 2019, all COMMENTS (red triangles) were transitioned to NOTES. COMMENTS are now used for interactive comments and have a purple symbol. The PASTE SPECIAL COMMAND only references COMMENTS and NOTES are not mentioned.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Best 7z password recovery software

The best 7z password recovery software is introduced by eSoftTools named as 7z password recovery software. by this, all user can get back his lost 7z file password without any problem even it is in other language or contains any length. A free trial version is available on the official website of eSoftTools, so every 7z user can try this tool is free.

Get More:- https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock certain columns

There should be a way to lock certain columns, similarly to clicking the "Don't move or size with cells" option for shape formatting, so that if I want to add a row to, say, columns A:G but not H:K, I can do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock certain columns

There should be a way to lock certain columns, similarly to clicking the "Don't move or size with cells" option for shape formatting, so that if I want to add a row to, say, columns A:G but not H:K, I can do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "Invert if Negative" color Format Axis

When formatting Charts the Format Data Series Fill includes the ability "Invert if negative"

Please add Format Axix Fill to include same ability to "Invert if negative"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Collapsable pictures in cells so I can attach bills to their entries

I want to be able to put data into a row of a vendor name date and amount that was paid, then at the end I want to be able to put in the final cell a picture of the invoice that expands when I press the cell and collapses when I press it again, or even on mouse over, this way i can catalogue the actual invoice along with the data that has been entered so a visualization allows the person looking at the document to verify the data has been entered correctly and it also just allows the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How about removing all the none essential junk like BING MAPS and PEOPLE GRAPHS ?

PLEASE make it possible to remove ALL ADD INS including BING MAPS (completely useless) and PEOPLE GRAPHS (even more useless)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to open password protected 7zip file

Open password-protected 7zip file by using eSoftTools 7z password recovery software is an amazing way to get an instant password results of 7z file. it recovers password through mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. it permits to open 7z file without harm saved data and comes with the free demo version which is applicable for all windows and 7z varients
    Get More:- https://www.7zunlocker.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would it be possible to resize the icons on the ribbon?

The ribbon is a good idea, however the icons are way too large when I use Excel on the laptop. Would it be possible to have a Small / Medium / Large / X Large option, a bit like when viewing files in Windows Explorer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. rotate trendline equations to be parallel with trendline

want to be able to ROTATE the trendline equation "text box" the same as PPT and Word, especially to make it parallel to its trendline

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Excel so XNumbers works

XNumbers (v6) was a marvelous advanced mathematics add-in for earlier versions of Excel (before 2013). In Excel 2013, it caused Excel to open up empty worksheets, until an update fixed the problem. In Excel 2016, the empty worksheet symptom reappeared, until some further update "fixed" it so it no longer works at all! Why? The error message is unintelligible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I find it strange that Excel in Office 365 does not have Rupee symbol in Indian Language option. Do'nt you think it is high time it should?

It is high time Indian Rupee Symbol and the way use number should be part of Windows and Office immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. guida

Inserire icona riduci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base