Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Locking the “Data of Cell” That Is taken from the Reference Of =Vlookup()

Kindly find attached excel sheet where in that is a Master List containing the items list with details of I.CODE,PACK & M.R.P.

VLOOKUP PROBLEM what actually the problem is Data that is taken by the reffeence of vlookup should not be updated with previous data of old worksheet while Working with new Data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you let long words like registration fit in 1 box please without making text smaller or using more than one box.

Registration, let that word fit in one box, without making text smaller or using up more boxes I want to use long words but I cant because it over laps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Camera

When on any individual cell, If I open camera and take a picture I have the option to compress the picture into a clickable link that fits in the cell.
    Thus, I can insert pictures without having to edit them to fit the size of the cell that I want the link for the picture to be visible in.
    Then when the link is clicked on it will automatically enlarge to 100% over the spreadsheet. A close button to return it to the visible link would then be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel Unlocker Tool

Try Excel Unlocker Tool by eSoftTools and recover, remove, & unlock Excel (.xls, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xlsb, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file password protection.

Here are some key feature of Excel Password Unlocker

) Instant recover Excel, Word, & Access file password
    ) Unlock password combinations like alphabetic, numeric, & symbolic character
    ) Provided three recovery attack options such as Mask attack, Brute Force attack, & Dictionary attack.
    ) Remove password from Excel (.xlsx, .xls, .xlsm, .xlsb, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file
    *) Supports all MS Excel versions 97 up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit

It has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pivot Table details contain links as well as cell data

I link supporting documents to values contained in thousands of rows in a table. I build pivot views of the table data. It would be most valuable if you would copy the link as well as the value that is in the cell when you click on the pivoted value and you are presented with the details making up the value. This way you can see the data pivoted, click on the value and get the detail and then click on the link that is in the value cell to get to the supporting documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export a database in Excel to OPML to import it in Mind Maps software

Some databases are so large to analyze as a spreadsheet, exporting them as a tree (mind map) is easy to analyze and identify issues.
    Most Mind Map applications have the function to import OPML files.
    If it can be generated from Excel as a function or Add-In it would simplify a lot of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Comment mettre en couleur les multiples communs de 3 nombres qui forment un tableau de plusieurs lignes dans excel? Merci

Comment mettre en couleur les multiples communs de 3 nombres qui forment un tableau de plusieurs lignes dans excel? Merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Vorrei ci fosse la possibilità di impostare il carteere in formato "Tutto Maiuscole" anche in Excel com eè possibile fare in Word

Vorrei fosse possibile anche in Excel impostare il carattere in formato "Tutto Maiuscole" come in word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Free EDB to PST Converter

SysInspire Free EDB to PST Converter Software quickly performs to fast free EDB File Recovery and gives you a secure platform to convert exchange mailboxes to PST Outlook file. Recently, the Software has been updated with a new feature that users can use for making the better EDB to PST Conversion. Exchange EDB Recovery Software allows users to convert selective single and multiple folders from EDB File with preserve all EDB folders structure and email formatting.

Advanced Key Features of EDB to PST Export Software
    • Automatically detects. edb location from users machine
    • Safely recover exchange EDB file emails,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the bug that causes multiiple sells to be selected by single-click

There is a bug where Excel will start selecting multiple cells with a single click. This is fixed by changing the zoom level (out or in than back to whatever it was). Please fix this bug. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ¿Porqué SUMAR:SI() no evalúa cálculos matriciales?

Esta fórmula funciona =SUMA(SI(B3:P3="F";0;1))
    Esta no funciona '=SUMAR.SI(B10:P10;"<>F";ESTEXTO(B10:P10)1)
    El rango B10:B10 en su interior es una matriz,
    La fórmula =ESTEXTO(B10:B10)
    1 devuelve una matriz,
    Si ambos rangos tienen el mismo tamaño...
    Debería poder realizar el cálculo ¿No?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How to Open 7z File?

Are you forget your 7z file password? and now if you want to open it without any hassle, then buy eSoftTools 7z password recovery software in a very low cost. This tool unlocks a 7z file in just few minutes with the help of these techniques- Brute Force attack, Mask attack and Dictionary attack. It can break any combination and any language, and there is always a preview on your display so that you can see the performance of recovery.

Search on google for more info:- eSoftTools 7z Password Recovery

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conditional Formatting Bug

While selecting an area in a column and using the rule "Cell that only contains > Cell Value > less than > any specific value written (in time format) > Text Format (Select Color) > Ok", but it turns out that even if I don't put a value in any cell of that selected area in a column, it is coloured whereas the same is not the case if I select the instruction as greater than instead of less than.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to Unlocker Excel Password Protection?

Unlock Excel Password Protection via eSoftTools Excel Password Unlocker Software is the best solution to recover, remove, & unlock excel (.xlsx, .xls, .xlsm, .xlsb, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file password. You can also, Recover Word file password and Access file password with the help of Mask attack, Dictionary attack, & Brute Force attack method. It has provided FREE DEMO VERSION to recover excel password and show the first three character as a preview with supported versions 97 up to 2019 and Windows 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Get More Info:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Office 365 update issue

hi still don't have the new Excel features - Xlookup, Xmatch....etc.
    need pls. help asap. thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. in the language please add even Kannada also which is the official language of Karnataka I am hard to see that there is not Kannada language

in the language please add even Kannada also which is the official language of Karnataka I am hard to see that there is not Kannada language where most of the office's of Microsoft is in Bengaluru so pleas consider this feedback

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove older Compatibility functions from IntelliSense

If all supported versions of Excel list a function under the Compatibility category, then the function should be removed from IntelliSense. This should help discourage people from developing spreadsheets for unsupported versions of Excel, and it declutters the IntelliSense list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Be able to insert a PivotTable or PivotChart from the Power Pivot tab in Excel's Ribbon

Currently, the only way to add a PivotTable or PivotChart that is based on the Data Model is to use the "PivotTable" button in the Home tab of the Power Pivot window. This button should also appear in the Power Pivot tab in Excel's Ribbon.

When I work with Power Pivot, I'll do all of the Data Model work first, using only a few PivotTables for debugging purposes, and once I am confident that everything is correct, then I'll go crazy with making all of the final PivotTables and PivotCharts. This involves a lot of back-and-forth with the Power Pivot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop IntelliSense suggestions when "then" or "else" is typed in Power Query's Advanced Editor

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that likes to split my "if" statements into multiple lines for readability, usually like this:

if <condition> then
    <expression if true>
    else
    <expression if false>

The problem is that after I type "then" or "else", IntelliSense still tries to predict what I'm going to type, and when I hit Enter to move to the next line, it instead accepts IntelliSense's suggestion.
    "then" becomes "SapHanaRangeOperator.GreaterThanOrEquals".
    "else" becomes "ExtraValues.Error".

I need to remember to hit Esc before hitting Enter or hit Enter and then press Ctrl + Z to undo accepting the suggestion. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lost keystrokes in the Power Query Advanced Editor when IntelliSense is turned on

When IntelliSense is turned on, Power Query's Advanced Editor slows down. That is, when I'm typing, there is often but not always a delay of 0.5 to 1 seconds before the character that I typed appears. This is obviously not ideal, but I would be able to live with it better if all of the keys that I pressed eventually showed up, but this is not the case and it is a huge pain.

For example, if I typed #"Remove Duplicates", I might see something like #"ReoveDupliates", and then I need to go back and fill in the missing letters.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base