Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In order to use a simple budget auditing system I suggest programming the ability to link another Excel spreadsheet to a "code" whic would b

for simple personal budgeting link another Excel spreadsheet to a personal series of codes. eg. 0501 could be food item and 7030 could be pet food etc. Bank details could be exported to excel and coded which then automatically would produce a budget spreadsheet after I (we)(user) enters the code in a column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LEAVE IT ALONE!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK AROUND ALL YOUR IMPROVEMENTS THAT DO NOT WORK???

QUIT FIXING IT - IT WORKS, I SPEND MORE TIME TRYING TO GET YOUR IMPROVED VERSION TO WORK THAN I DO WORKING PRODUCTIVELY. STOP CHANGING THINGS. THERE IS NO VALUE IN TRYING TO FIND WHERE YOU MOVED A FEATURE OR TRYING TO DEBUG A GOOD FEATURE YOU BROKE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FROM MANY PC ONE EXCEL CAN BE MAINTAIN

One Excel can be operated from multiple desktop operator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How to Unlock 7z File Without Password?

The Best apparatus to unlock 7z file password with experience eSoftTools 7z password recovery software and open 7zip password. It can easily break the 7z password with the Brute Force Attack, Dictionary Attack, and Mask Attack. This tool can unlock the 7z file password blends in a few dialects with no issue, simply open the file.

Search on Google for more Info - eSoftTools 7z Password Recovery

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export a disconnected exchange mailbox to Outlook PST

You can easily Export a disconnected Exchange Mailbox to Outlook PST without any data failure through the help of EDB to PST Converter Software provided by SysInspire. With this tool, you can also, Convert the exchange mailbox into multiple file formats such as PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, HTML with all save attachments like email, contacts, calendars, deleted folders, journal folders, notes. You can also, try its FREE DEMO VERSION to convert 25 items from each folder into each format with all MS Exchange mailbox, Outlook versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Visit Here…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't have so many popups I just want to enter data in excel. Such as asking me if I like excel or have suggestions.

Don't have so many popups I just want to enter data in excel. Such as asking me if I like excel or have suggestions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto-save & Resume on PC Restart without blocking PC restart

Windows Update restarts suggest a good time to restart PC. When I do so, I get a horrible Office experience that wants me to File|Save many draft excel files that I have open for ad hoc analysis. My intention is not to save them but I am forced by OS to pause and resume the work. I wish Office would just terminate, allow reboot and resume without the multiple dialogs. I have all the memory, storage, etc. on the machine for Excel/Office to not be hindrance in my PC mandatory reboot cycle.

Mobile apps (including Office) handle a phone/tablet more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Best Excel password recovery, remover, & unlocker tool

Use Excel Password Remover Software provided by eSoftTools is the best Excel password recovery, remover, & unlocker tool. You can also, remove the password from MS Word document and Access file with the help of Mask Attack, Brute Force Attack, & Dictionary Attack method. Users can also, use it's FREE DEMO VERSION to test the software working process and satisfy with it and this tool supports all Excel (.xlsx, .xls, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Visit Here to Get More Info About https://www.excelunlockertool.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. About functions and shortcut keys in description below

Hi there,

There should be all functions directory tab including MS excel shortcut keys(read only/password protected by MS).Like home,insert etc.So that everyone understand the uses of functions and shortcut keys command. For convinent the excel work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi there, There should be all functions tab like home,insert etc(read only/password protected by MS).So that everyone get functions command.

Hi there,

There should be all functions directory tab including MS excel shortcut keys(read only/password protected by MS).Like home,insert etc.So that everyone understand the uses of functions and shortcut keys command. For convinent the excel work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for vertical fonts in Excel spreadsheets using Excel Online app

Currently clients are experiencing formating errors when creating a spreadsheet with vertical fonts using Excel Desktop application. When opening spreadsheet with Excel Online the vertical fonts are shown as horizontal fonts impacting on user satisfaction and experience. This is commonly an issue for customers saving a document in a SharePoint document library where the spreadsheet can be opened using Excel Online and / or the Excel desktop app. This is currently an Excel Online limitation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't move text cursor to the end of a line that ends in a whitespace character in Power Query's Advanced Editor with IntelliSense turned on

The title of this suggestion is a mouthful, but it is a common scenario and an annoying issue.

Suppose that you are typing in Power Query's Advanced Editor and IntelliSense is turned on. You type a line that ends in a whitespace character (tab or space), but before finishing it, you move your text cursor elsewhere, perhaps to copy the name of a variable to later paste in your unfinished line. If you move your mouse cursor past the end of the unfinished line and click, the text cursor disappears rather than appearing at the end of the line. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a Compatibility category for DAX functions

Ever since the introduction of variables to DAX, EARLIER and EARLIEST are no longer needed or recommended. Please move EARLIER and EARLIEST to a new Compatibility category to make their obsolescence clear to users. Over time, other functions will likely join these two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. set Table design so that it doesn't refresh to green when ever there is a change in the power query

When a power query is "Closed & Loaded" it defaults to a green format. Once I change the format of the table if I ever change the query to add a field or anything else then it resets my work or the format chosen back to the green format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. be able to widen the distance between letters. Makes it easier to see and read

be able to widen the distance between letters. It makes it easier to see and read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AutoFit tables in Power Pivot's Diagram View upon double-clicking on the table's edge

If the edge of a table is double-clicked, then the table should AutoFit in that direction (i.e. be as small as possible without cutting anything off). If the top or bottom edge is double-clicked, the table should be as short as possible without causing the vertical scroll bar to appear. If the left or right edge is double-clicked, the table should be as narrow as possible without cutting off the table name, any column name, or any measure name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use the same Clear Filter icon for timelines and slicers

See the attached file. I see no reason to have this inconsistency. It is also a small waste of space to package Excel with these 2 graphics instead of just 1 of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In Power Query, overload Date.StartOfYear to accept a year as its argument

Currently, Date.StartOfYear accepts a date/datetime/datetimezone as an argument and returns a date/datetime/datetimezone that represents the start of that argument's year. Please also give us the option to provide a year as this argument. For example, Date.StartOfYear(2019) should return the same result as #date(2019, 1, 1). The beauty of using Date.StartOfYear instead of #date(, 1, 1) is that the intention is clearer and it avoids the hard-coded the 1s.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In Power Query, Table.ReplaceValue should not ignore errors returned by the function used for newValue

In Power Query, the function Table.ReplaceValue allows either a value or a function to be used as its newValue argument. If newValue is a function, and if that function returns an error, then that error is not used as the replacement in the output. Other functions, such as Table.AddColumn, that also populate a column based on a given function, show the error in the values of the column. Table.ReplaceValue should behave this way as well. Its current behaviour hides errors and makes debugging more difficult.

The Power Query code below demonstrates the different behaviour of Table.ReplaceValue and Table.AddColumn.

let

#"Table"
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base