Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use the Percentage Style when the sum or subtraction of ALL the inputs are in percentage format

The result of = 1 + 5% should be formatted as 1.05. Factors of this type are more easily interpreted without the percentage formatting. Note that 5% may mean a reference to a cell formatted as a percentage. Therefore, automatic percentage formatting should apply where the sum or subtraction where all the terms in a formula are formatted as percentages.

The ratio of one percentage to another should not be automatically formatted as a percentage, or, at least, it should be possible to revert the automatic formatting.

The ISO standards (as well as the German, Spanish, French, Swedish, Finnish... standards)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the toolbox in the VBA editor be pinned when using two or more monitors so its doesn't keep changing location

Have the option to pin the toolbox in the VBA editor. When using two or more monitors, it can jump around and be difficult to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data Source Setting Failover List

I regularly work between the office and at home. When in office, I point my workbook to a database server by its hostname. When at home, I need to forward traffic intended for that server through an SSH tunnel. Consequently, I use port forwarding. So any time I switch from home to office, I have to update my Data Source.

Would it be possible to have Excel keep a list of data sources such that if it can't access the first one, it fails to the next?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chart Type Stock combo with Line chart type

I can build stock chart with candlesticks but I can't combine it with lines chart type. It will be perfect for me if Excel allows me to combine stock charts with lines as Moving Averages (MA).
    I attach a screen-shot as an example. I did it by setting the line chart to 100% transparent and put it in front of the stock chart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Beginner Help

Add a feature where beginners can analyse and study how an Excel template was made.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WIN10 2004+OFFICE2010、OFFICE2013、OFFICE2016,CTRL+點選行高線時,EXCEL會當機

WIN10 2004+EXCEL2010、EXCEL2013、EXCEL2016, CTRL+ clicks the line height line, EXCEL will crash

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Populate missing data in Stock data Types

Stock Data Type:

Need to populate attribute fields. Currently, a crazy number of fields associated with a security still show up as "#Field! - lots of this data such as RETURNS over the various time frames (YTD, 1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr) would be incredibly useful and increase productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dump this carnival ride Excel 2019 & support Excel that made it famous. I've loved Excel for over 20 years - this is a nightmare!

I have developed a business APP over 25 years. Macros, custom profiles & tool bars, 12 large folders, hundreds of sheets, around 300 links tying it all together. Forced to Office 2019 - none of it works now. Looks like basic functions are still there but inaccessible. Please me by telling me there is a button to revert to a legacy version. An update a few years forced me to use workarounds for some linkage changes limiting some of my inter-folder work but this monster is only for the mentally ill. I just paid $150 to put myself out of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to organize sheets in folders inside a workbook

We should be able to create folders inside the workbook to organize sheets better. This could help in a variety of industries, especially for accounting departments.

An example of this idea would be for an accounting department in a company with multiple locations. With folders, you could store transactions for all locations in a single workbook with each location having a folder and and each day in the month having it's own sheet.

It could also be used for a company with a single location but with many employees. You could have a folder for each department in that location…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Forcing a page to Print as a odd numbered page

I would like to be able to force a page to Print as an odd numbered page. As such, a Summary page (which I created) would NOT end up on the back side of another page-diminishing it's impact. I know that page breaks can accomplish the same outcome; however, page counts change due to edits, which would mean I would constantly need to verify the desired location of the Summary page. If I could tag a page to be "odd" the need to verify would no longer be necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi l am interested in Microsoft Project cn you help me, l already have microsoft account

l am interested in using Microsoft Project, as l'm Project manager. l have Microsoft account already could you get a consultant to contact me or send a email to. peter .stevens@live.com.au

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include unique,countunique and countuniqueifs functions

Please include unique,countunique and countuniqueifs function in excel. remove duplicates is also good. But it is not useful if data is changing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow ease of entering/selecting named ranges in Data Validation lists

Currently in order to select a named range from list as the crteria, one has to know that you have to type '=' followed either typing out the named range (inaccuracies) or by entering F3 in the Source filed to see the available names. Why don't you allow the Source field to be like a formula bar so that named ranges selection pop-up as you start typing and/or have a button to allow a Named Ranges box pop-up (like F3).

This will be way more efficient and accurate for the creator and user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Center the view while zooming [ctrl+wheel] around the position of the cursor (also Powerpoint and Word)

Zooming on an area of page with the mouse wheel should centre on the position of the cursor (just like CAD and PDF applications do), but Excel (and all Office apps) do this crazy thing where they ignore the position of the cursor, and zoom seemingly randonly resulting inevitable panning after zooming. It's obvious that the user wants to zoom in on the position at which they are looking (ie, where the mouse is pointing). It would be great if you could make it so :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scanning into Excel

In Apache, you are able to scan a document directly from your scanner into word. From Word, you can cut and paste the document or picture into Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give us a "Center Across Selection" option for the Vertical text alignment

Re-open https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/10802853-give-us-a-center-across-selection-option-for-the.

"Center Across Selection" is available for Horizontal text alignment but not for Vertical text alignment.

This would be useful for heading columns where the text is rotated through 90 degrees and spans more than one row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Formula Auto complete feature like Google sheet

Please introduce formula auto complete feature like Google sheet, this saves tons of time while creating dashboards.

Auto complete means, if i type the below formula and hit enter:

=iferror(if(vlookup(A2, B:B, 1, 0)=1, 1, 2

Google sheet will auto close all brackets and consider iferror as blank without me specifying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. La possibilità di leggere il numero di una cella Cifra per cifra

La possibilità di leggere il numero di una cella Cifra per cifra

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use Defined Name in Custom Format String

I need to use a base currency and selling currency on a spreadsheet. If a defined name can be used as formatting string (e.g. "[$₿-x-xbt2] #,##0.000000" for Bitcoin). You can specify your Base Currency and Selling Currency formatting strings as a defined names.

If your base or selling currency changes for the spreadsheet, you can then change the defined names, thus changing the format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base