Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Function "IsDecimal" and Function "IsWhole"

The names says it all I guess, Function ISDECIMAL will detect whether the argument/s passed is a decimal number or not and Function ISWHOLE will detect whether the argument/s passed is a whole number or not.
    Both functions will return a TRUE or FALSE as a result if the passed argument/s are numbers, and will return an ERROR if the passed argument/s are not numbers.
    For each function I made two versions, the first one can only accept one passed argument to test for and the second can be used to calculate an array of arguments.
    The code can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add currency tajik "Somoni" in cell money format for Office 2016

Please add currency tajik "Somoni" in cell money format for Office 2016.

Can't find currency tajik "Somoni" in cell money format. Now in Excel it's only tajik rouble that no more use from 30 October 2000. Please delete and add new currency for Tajikistan "Somoni"

Information on Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajikistani_somoni

I use Windows 7 (64-bit)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Jupyther like Worksheet combining vba and charting

It could work like the example Sheet like that I added

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Introduce System.Threading.Tasks For Excel

simplify the work of writing concurrent and asynchronous code also for VBA. Why not develop vba further

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FIND by value does not work with common Number Formats!

When I use FIND by Value cells containing 1000, Excel fails in finding cells containing =800+200 and formatted with #,##0. I think this is a bug... but it's there since 1990!!? (see attached)
    It looks like it's not finding by value, but instead by displayed string, which is clearly what the user is NOT expecting...
    The idea here would be to search by "RAW" VALUE and not by FORMATTED VALUE (not sure is this is easily feasible though...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. modification de la taille de caractères apparents dans les listes déroulantes

Bonjour,
    il serait intéressant de pouvoir modifier la taille de caractères apparents dans les listes déroulantes, ainsi que la largeur des listes : cela permettrait de donner plus de visibilité pour le choix.
    Merci !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prepayments Template for Finance

I have created a prepayments schedule for book-keepers and accountants. Would this prove useful for any one?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to be able to have Excel start page start dates in a certain format : 05/01/20 as example

I would like to have Excel's default start-up page options have dates in a certain format : 05/01/20 as example. When I type (in a new spreadsheet) 1/1/2020, I want Excel to automatically show: 01/01/20. If I type January 1, 2020, I want to be able to set Excel to show it in this format: 01/01/20. I cannot find any default setting to change it to my choice of what I want is all Excel spreadsheets I open or new page on my computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible to easily italicize part of a string created by the CONCAT function

I can easily italicize a single cell. But if I concatenate the contents of that cell into a string, the italic formatting is lost. I would like to have part, but not all, of the result string italicized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 'INCLUDE' function

If each cell contained a sentance or paragraph, It would select or highlight only the cells with that word in a sentence or single digit in a large collection of numbers. This would be very useful.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Basement Cell

Right click cell, select basement cell, then enter more data that is related to the surface cell. The surface cell would now change to show there is data in the basement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. give more flexibility with box and whisker plots

Please give us the ability to modify the box and whisker plots as we need to. Having them as an option is great, but the limitations on formatting, etc. make them pretty much useless. What good is a chart if we can't modify all its details to suit our data needs. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Прогрессия: 1) Сделать по УМОЛЧАНИЮ кнопку "по СТОЛБЦАМ", а не "по строкам" 2) дать поле "Начальное значение"

1) нумерация строк требуется гораздо чаще, чем нумерация столбцов
    2) очень часто пользователь забывает ввести начальное значение и приходится вызывать окно СНОВА

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Trace Precedents and Trace Dependents do not work on protected sheets

Just as the title says, Trace Precedents and Trace Dependents become grayed out if the worksheet is protected. That makes no sense. Why does protection matter for this feature?

We often use protected sheets in Excel models we send to clients. These clients then want to use the trace functions to better understand calculation flow, but they can't. We then end up having to send them an unprotected model, which is NOT what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please introduce the following Features or Functions

I would like to have the Formulas of:

1) Transfer Formula (Transferring Values).
    2) Create Formula
    3) Select Formula
    4) "Create your own Formula" option should be given to Users if they don't find the formula given in Excel to do their work.

5) An Option of "Create a Report" should be there of whatever data we've entered and there should be an option to Export it as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, etc

There should be very fancy styles given (inbuilt) for creating the report as MS Excel is mostly used for Data Analysis, Calculations and Creating Reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable the Dynamic Array Features for Semi Annual Channel Users

I work for an organisation that has a semi annual subscription and I am not able to use the Dynamic Array functionality.

This would be included in my subscription only if you allowed for users with semi annual channel to utilise it. I have no control over my organisation's setup.

Can you advise if in future you will make this available for everyone?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Queries & Connections - Delay in Showing Peek

I continually end up refreshing queries because the "Peek" has a delay in showing upon hover on the list of items in Queries & Connections.

The entire "Peek" interface is inconsistent with anything in Office and should be reworked to function in a more conventional manner, where there is a click-to-launch instead of a hover to evoke the "Peek".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. cell cursor movement

HOW ON EARTH the default uses of arrow is for scrolling? what kind of glue you're sniffing? we already have mouse and pad to scroll. we even actually could scroll down because it's following cells.

all of these money and facility and you make those? what are you? Ferrari formula 1 race team in 1974 ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Replace using wildcards and formulas

Often I want to do a find and replace to add new formulas to multiple cells. This is fine if the formula is to be inserted into an existing formula, for example adding a second IF formula to the first. But if I want the inserted formula to contain the existing formula it doesn't work because I can't add the closing parenthesis (and other closing terms. e.g. adding IFERROR(existing formula,0). Replace should allow the use of wildcards so I can enter IFERROR(wildcard,0)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Possibility in Excel to sort the tabs alphabetically

Possibility in Excel to sort the tabs alphabetically (add this option / button)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base