Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. date format

I am in a region where the date format used here is DD/MM/YY, and I can set it accordingly. However when I type in the date it goes to US format. For example, I want to input 01 July 2003 as 01/07/03, but it automatically turn it into 07/01/03

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exchange OST to PST Converter Software

With ATS OST to PST Converter software is always works like professional and amazingly recovers whole corrupted OST file data, to fulfil all these requirements invented a high-class data recovery solution which awesomely recovers lost OST file data and makes fully able to read OST file data into new PST file data. You can also convert your OST mailbox data into PST file with, safely converts all mail items of Offline folder (OST) file and saves them in new Outlook PST file, along with giving option to save as EML, MSG and PST file formats. It is extracts all the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi, I got a plenty of ideas. I dont know how it is workable. Can I share all my ideas in here or can you share your email id. thank you.

Hi, I got a plenty of ideas. I dont know how it is workable. Can I share all my ideas in here or can you share your email id. Is want the is to be
    executed and not to be plagiarised. That is the reason I need your email id. thank you.
    -gokul

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why not see shared with me option

why i cant use this option of after uptodate shared with me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ingenieros de servicio tecnico de excell 365 fatales , muy poco profesionales

Excell 365 no corrige el error de comoatibilidad darwing Los ingenieros o se hacen los pelotudos o lo son Igual no hacen sino hechar disculpas

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Should introduce facility of a range like ($A$5:$A) in function, just like Google Sheets.

Should introduce the facility of giving a range in function (for example $A$5:$A) just like Google Sheets. Array formula will automatically expand to the desired number of rows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. synchronise axis

Synchronize axis option to be provided

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Suggestion for Quick Button Option with bigger, unique and colorful icons in two or three rows below the minimized ribbon.

Suggestion for Quick Button Option with bigger, unique and colorful icons in two or three rows below the minimized ribbon.

Hi,
    The existing quick access tool bar consist of a single row of small icons that is very close to each other. The user needs to be careful to select the right button by slowing down the mouse movement. This tedious and affect work productivity. Some icons consist of round shape with green filling, even though functions are different. Example hide column and auto fit column width. Only the regular user can identify them quickly by its position at the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel for Money - Enable sorting for columns on transactions tab

The fields on the transactions tab allow filtering but not SORTING of transactions. Allowing them to be sorted by any of the various fields (amount, account, institution, etc.) would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Change/Edit/Rename Sheet Name

Problem: If I copy the contents of an Excel Document to create another for editing, the Sheet Name remains as that of the original document, whereas it should default to the new document. Furthermore, this appears to prevent editing to correct this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add new Function called Extract

Hello,
    My suggestion is to add a Function called "Extract" which can address many kinds of extractions.
    Suggested formula will extract Text between nth occurrences of c1 and c2 respectively.

=Extract(A1,c1,c2,n1,n2,D)
    A1 = Cell containing Text.
    c1 = Character1
    c2 = Character2
    n1 = Nth Number of occurrence of the Character1
    n2 = Nth Number of occurrence of the Character2.
    D = Direction. R is Right to Left. L or Unspecified is Left to Right.

Text in A1 = “This is a good [or Better] idea; [Best] in-fact!”

Formula: =Extract(A1,"[","]",1,1)
    Result: or Better
    Discription: Extracted text from 1st bracket. That…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. have available a second cursor ...................

the cursor vertical on the right side of excel , goes so fast …..you could put a second cursor parallel to the first , but going the half of the speed………...thanks Gianfranco dattoli

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Watch window

In watch window after adding some cells when completing the task, I intent to select new cells for watch window to avoid confusion with old selection I wish to delete the old selection for that we have to delete each row from the old selection, if we have an option to clear all in one click it will be easy to continue with new selection of cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Watch window

In watch window after adding some cells when completing the purpose for those cells, we intent to select new cells for watch window to avoid confusion with old selection I wish to delete the old selection for that we have to delete each row from the old selection, if we have an option to clear all in one click it will be easy to with continue with new selection of cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sheet view

Can sheet view be implemented in the desktop app like it has been in excel online to aid with coauthoring when you need to filter results. Ideally this would be expanded to a sheet view where all view changes i.e. to column and rows are only shown on your version of excel when you set the option which you can then save

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to convert workbook into csv files without loss of data

It is difficult for users to manually convert each sheet of a workbook to csv file. So an in built option to do the same helps us a lot

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Double Strikethrough option in Excel

Why is there no Double Strikethrough option in Excel as it is there in Word. Pls make this option in Excel too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bug on conditional formatting, It gets applied to areas I have not designated

After applying conditional formatting when entering data conditional formatting will get applied to areas that I have not designated. This is an time consuming issue that requires me to apply the formatting after I enter data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dialogue box for functions and equations

Instead of writing the function in an Excel cell, then we use abbreviations ctrl + G & ctrl + D
    I suggest creating a command when selecting it. A dialog box appears in which the name of the function and the range of cells we want the function to be applied to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base