Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TOO ******* STUPID

********, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ABOUT PAGE BREAKS ON MAC. NOTHING WORKS AT ALL AS FAR AS PAGE BREAKS ARE CONCERNED. THEY CAN NOT BE MANAGED AT ALL YOU IDIOTS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete an open file

If you have an open Excel file, it would be nice to send it to the trash while it's open, instead of closing it / finding it on the server / and then deleting it.

Maybe a File / Delete option (under File / Close)
    Or, next to "Share", you could have a "Delete" button which sends it to the recycling bin.

Just a thought--you could always recover/restore any file that was accidentally trashed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On Print Preview page, move Page Setup to top of page

With Page Setup at the bottom you always have to scroll down to get to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. previous result in find and replace

in the find and replace feature, Word has "next" and "previous" buttons to click through the results. Excel should have a "previous" button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. growing table

I have a query linked to an outside source. As the query grows in size, it would be great if the table had a feature to link a column in that table to the query on another sheet so that as it grows the table will also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include Levenshtein Distance as a baked-in formula

The Levenshtein Distance Formula is great for duplicate detection. I've tried using the PowerQuery "Fuzzy Match" algorithm, but this assumes there's a known clean list of values, and I often don't have that.

I'm working to standardize data and need the ability to normalize/relate data to itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Graph Paper should be an option for Excel,,, that is actually square.

On tool bar, choose "Graph Paper" to be provided with row heights and column widths that are in the same units, so that you can choose sizes for to make graph paper with cells that are true square.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Excel Sum Function is truncating trailing zero's while pasting Sum from one cell to another

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Create Sum of 2 or more cells with numeric values - Ex. A4 = Sum(Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A3)

2. Copy the formula and paste it to other cells, so that it can take values from respective cells and create summation. Ex. Pasting Sum in B4, C4, D4...B12, C12, B15 etc.

3. While pasting, its working correctly for B4(i.e. Sheet1!B2+Sheet2!B3), also for B15(i.e. Sheet1!B13+Sheet2!B14) where there the cell numbers are not ending with 0s.

4. Its not working correctly for B12(it should be Sheet1!B10+Sheet2!B11) instead it is pasted as Sheet1!B1+Sheet2!B11. This is wrong. This is happening especially when we sum across sheets
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. frustration

Here is a idea, how about having two buttons at the top next to help button, one for novice, two for pro.

So when i click on novice to ask how to start using excel, it actually starts with the basic. Have you noticed. Every day there is a update to make something better, but someone forgot there are people who really do not need things to change so rapidly. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the eraser.

I am just starting to learn how to use excel, for a program (which might not be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. find all

there is no way to find a keyword in the data I have and it is imperative that I use the find all button. I have to sift thru 30,000 to 50,000 rows when I import my spread sheets so it gets to be time consuming when I need to consolidate my information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Columnas y filas sombreadas

Me gustaría tener la opción de activar un sombreado de toda la fila o columna dependiendo de que celda se encuentre activa. Serían 4 opciones:
    1. Ver fila sombreada dependiendo de la celda activa
    2. Ver columna sombreada dependiendo de la celda activa
    3. Ver fila y columna sombreadas dependiendo de la celda activa
    4. Desactivar el sombreado de filas y columnas.

Gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to set Check Accessibility function WITH real time edit suggestions similar to how spell check works.

The ability to set Check Accessibility function WITH real time edit suggestions similar to how spell check works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add my Bank Northwest Federal Credit Union (NWFCU.org)

So far Money in excel is good, please add my bank NWFCU.org Also, I have CD's (25) in Barclay bank US that I can't import? Can you make it so multiple CD's can be added from one bank? Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Intellisense support for Range.Formula2, HasSpill, etc. properties

The new Range.Formula2, HasSpill, SpillParent, and related properties introduced recently to Excel do not have Intellisense support in Visual Studio. As VSTO is still the best platform to build advanced-capability add-ins for Excel, exposing these properties via Intellisense is very desirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calibrate vertical scroll bar to display active rows in worksheet: click scroll bar for desired row.

Calibrate vertical scroll bar to display active rows in worksheet. Always have the slider located exactly in the middle of the scroll bar. Instead of using the slider just click on the approximate row number you want above or below the slider. Once scroll bar is clicked slider will locate to selected approximate row and scroll bar will display active rows above the slider and the active rows below the slider. If implemented I personally will save lots of scrolling time in my worksheets that average over 8000 active rows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Heres a susggestion you fucks_at microsoft- UNFUCK the Undo function so that when precidence arrows are displayed, the Undo doe not undo

Heres a suggestion you fucksat microsoft- UNFUCK the Undo function so that when precedence arrows are displayed, the Undo function not undo something on another page or some other action 20 step before the fuckingprecedence arrows were displayed. Try UNFUCKING That before your next round of SHITWARE UPDATES are rolled out. Go FUCKYOURSELVESMICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GET YOUR SHITTY_FUCKING_PROGRAMING OUT OF THE WAY. STOP DOING FORMATING, FUCNTION INSERTION, FILLING IN A FORMAT, ETC WHEN I AM WORKING.

GET YOUR * PROGRAMING OUT OF THE WAY. STOP DOING FORMATING, FUCNTION INSERTION, FILLING IN A FORMATS, ETC WHEN I AM WORKING.

YOU FUCKINGLITTLEBITCHFAGGOTS AT MICROSOFT DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO SO STAY THEFUCK OUT OF THE WAY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Conditional format cells based on the 'time' value entered

Be able to conditional format cells based on the time value entered and when the current time matches that of the cell, it gets highlighted or a symbol appears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Needed to fix copy paste the tables from excel to outlook

Copying from excel to Outlook (or any other app) should keep the content and format, borders, alignment of the cells. It takes so much time to adjust everything after pasting data into an Outlook e-mail, for example...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base