Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel Save As - Does not work unless 'More options...' selected! because read-only

Save As - Does not work unless 'More options...' selected!

I tried saving this file as, but when I select the correct file in the new Microsoft Excel interface, it says read-only.

However, I just need to select 'More options...'

I think this is a bug guys!!

Slan!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PST to MBOX Converter Online

I would like to recommend you one of the best PST to MBOX migration tools that supports MBOX email clients like Spicebird, Netscape, SeaMonkey and many more. The software has several functions that the user can safely perform without any problem. Export full PST data to MBOX format. This includes attachments, address book, all folders, subfolders, inbox, outbox, etc. Compatible with both UNICODE and ANSI type of Outlook files.

READ MORE: https://www.kdetools.com/pst/mbox/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change default comment box size/shape.

User to be able to change the default size and shape of the comment box when inserting a comment; It is a paid to adjust each and every box to fit the contents--A comment-box-heavy task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TopN & Others filter

TopN & Others: Please add to the filter options for Pivot Tables (& Power BI) to filter the Top 10 (or Top N) and then combine all other items into combined OTHER. Currently, the Top 10 filter only shows the Top 10 items and does not include the other items which can be misleading. The TopN & Others grand total should include ALL items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make an adjustable limit for how often users are required to enter a password when editing locked cells on a protected sheet.

The current feature only requires one entry of the password. Then the user can edit the cell freely.
    For the security of complex formulas, it would be helpful to have an option where specified, or all, users are required to enter the password to edit a locked cell every time they leave the cell after editing (i.e. users must enter password to edit locked cells every: "30 seconds", "1 minute", "2 minutes", "Always", "Only Once").
    Sure you can ctrl+z if you mess up the formula while entering data but in high information spreadsheets its easy to accidentally enter data into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tracking changes

tracking changes like world doest, maybe always font color for each usser

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Melhor conversor de arquivo OLM para Mac

O arquivo Mac OLM para PST Converter é um software rico em recursos e fácil de usar. A ferramenta torna mais fácil para os usuários converter OLM para o formato PST sem qualquer perda de dados e problemas de segurança. Você pode usar este software mesmo se os arquivos OLM estiverem corrompidos. É um aplicativo fácil de usar que não requer conhecimento técnico prévio.https://www.kdetools.com/mac/olm/

c

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SORT & SORTBY Functions Need Custom Sort Option

If I'm sorting something like North, South, East, and West Divisions, SORT and SORTBY only allow East, North, South, West. I should be bale to choose the order I want to see: North, South, East, West

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. free Exchange Recovery Software

There is lots of Exchange EDB to PST Recovery Tool in online market, but problem is that how we can select the best tool in various tools, it is very difficult to choose the right one, so as per my experience I would like to suggest a proficient third-party tool such as Enstella Exchange EDB Recovery Software. It helps to convert EDB to PST without any hurdle. The software is quite powerful to even repair corrupt exchange database and restore all EDB items back into the previous format without any data loss.

Download freeware to click here-https://www.enstella.com/exchange-email-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ost to office 365 migration

I recommend ost to office 365 migration from KDETools software. This is the unique way to import OST email in Office 365 without loss of any data. The ost to office 365 converter tool has several advance features to complete this process easily and rapidly. It has inbuilt preview option to preview PST file data before import to Office 365.

To know more about this tool, one can download a free trial version of this tool as well.

More info- https://www.kdetools.com/blog/ost-to-office365-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PowerBI: don't limit uservoice to Busienss/Edu users!

I tried to post some suggestions to PowerBI but could not because I am not a student and not employed.
    Why am I a second class customer just because I am learning PowerBI on my own using a hotmail account?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PowerQuery: M / DAX etc make the language syntax case insensitive.

Some of the command languages in the "PowerTools" the commands are case sensitive.
    DON'T DO THAT!
    If there are 2 parallel commands defined by case. That is just swank. It is a real PITA getting syntax errors just because I match start the command case spelling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. power query: ungroup steps

While it is handy to group similar steps into one, it would also be handy to be able to ungroup when needed. For example to remove/undo one without removing the other(s).

Make it graphical since many people have no clue how to edit the underlying code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. power query: number steps

In powerquery, please add option to display automatic step numbers. It would help when consulting with someone else to be able to refer to a simple step number. Some people are too lazy to rename steps so it can be hard to refer to a specific step in a query

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Retention of established worksheet borders

As programmed today; established borders are wiped-out when previous cells are dragged through columns or rows for the purposes of recalculation.
    Please re-program, to prevent wiping-out established borders of worksheets.
    Many thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unduly deletion of sheet header

When "Copy or Move" a sheet, with only header row, from workbook1 to workbook2 then the sheet header is unduly deleted in workbook2.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. STOP MOVING THE FUCKING_VIEW TO THE TOP OF THE DOCUMENT WHEN THE CELL BORDER IS INADVERTENTLY CLICKED ON YOU FUCKING_MICROSOFT_BITCHES.

STOP MOVING THE FUCKINGVIEW TO THE TOP OF THE DOCUMENT WHEN THE CELL BORDER IS INADVERTENTLY CLICKED ON YOU FUCKINGMICROSOFT_BITCHES.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. customize the ribbon

track ribbon icon clicks and automatically create a custom ribbon based on actual use/click.

ideal to also include items in the ribbon in which people use keystroke shortcuts for because they are not directly included in the ribbon. such as paste special (text only, transpose, …)

<excel power user>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Naming new sheet

When we are moving a single sheet from current workbook to new workbook,

It automatically takes the name for that new sheet as book1, book2 etc

Request you to please add an option to name that new sheet before it's created so that when we want to share a single sheet from current workbook, we'll just move to new workbook then rename it immediately & then share.

No need to save that new sheet to rename it.

I think this small addition will help many people like me.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base