Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LOCK CAPS LOCK

Even if you forget to press the caps lock button, your characters still will show in caps lock.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel on LIne

Make easily possible to put online any Excel worksheet.
    1) On the web, users can change cells contents (aka data enter or qwery) and the worksheet gives the answer as it has designed to do it.
    2) Users doesn't need to have Excel on their PC
    3) It's completely anonymous for user and the owner of the worksheet
    4) the server ishould be OneDrive but of course without any possiblity to know the name of the owner and acces to his files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. СУММЕСЛИМН функциясида "диапазон_условия" аргументида "ИЛИ" ва "И" мантиыий функцияларини ишлатиш имкониятини яратинг

СУММЕСЛИМН функциясида "диапазон_условия" аргументида "ИЛИ" ва "И" мантиқий функцияларини ишлатиш имкониятини яратинг.
    Шунда битта жадвалда "олма" ва "банан" меваларининг қийматларини битта функцияда аниқлаш мумкин бўлади.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 50 gb

i want farmate old data in xcel sheet and write a new data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 50 gb

i mean my data range 50 gb on desktop use on the one time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. editing

editing option is a best option in excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Click copy version of program

Please make it so it is possible to click and or select the version of excel and copy to the clip board. As it is now it is only viewable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Excel is a very best softwear

i am very satisfied to Excel soft wear

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The "Format Cells" window that the user could assign there own default setting.

I'd like to in Excel when you click on "Format Cells" that the user could define where the default "Format Cells" could always start at where they would like to start, or at least the last used setting. I always have to click 3 or 4 times to get back to my most used format, "currency with no decimal points".Also in the menu "Clear Contents", "Insert Comment", and Format Cells could all be at the top or one at the top and the other two at the very bottom. As many times as I use these three, I seem to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create insertable columns for documents or comments

Create a designated and insertable column for attachments and comments that can be associated to that row. See Smartsheet functionality for examples. once attached, a paperclip or comment icon appears and a window opens displaying the attachment or comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Power Pivot Measures

In PowerPivot Manage Measures table, I suggest to (1) add a column the measure is located (2) description of the measure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the INDIRECT function does not work if the workbook file name has a hyphon (-) in it

the INDIRECT function does not work if the workbook file name has a hyphen (-) in it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New note

I would like to see the default function for new notes, for the text font size and bond and delete my name at start. Then I would no long need to enlarge the font, bond it and remove my name every time when I add a new note to the cells. Thank you!

Karen Fung

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Additional function for formatting cells.

Additional function for formatting cells.
    Adjust cell size to font.
    At the moment there is in the menu of cell format, alignment, among other things the possibility to adjust the font size on the cell. In addition to this function, it would be very helpful if there was a box to click on where the cell would be adapted to the font size.

Best regards,
    Niko Chatzoudis
    n.chatzoudis@gmail.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please get the Excel VBA cpontext sensitive help back to work!!

I don't really care, if it's offline or online help as long as it's fast and reliable, but currently pressing F1 in VBA shows only the MS documents content list (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/).
    For 20 years the context help with F1 was really fast, informative and helpful. Now its just scrap. BTW: Germany is an online underdeveloped country!! Remember: we Germans need OFFLINE HELP. (I still have a 1 Mbit connection!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to remove the pop-ups for Paste Options, Quick Analysis etc

It is possible to disable them altogether in the program options, but I find them useful on many occasions, so I like to leave them enabled. But the Paste Options one, in particular, often gets in the way. Could we please have a way of turning these off - perhaps pressing the Escape key, or giving the pop-up a close option? Oh and by the way, what are they actually called?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Iserror() and IsErr() do not return FALSE for dynamic array eg Filter()

ISERROR and IsErr() should always return just true or false. When using =IsError() in conjunction with Filter(), it returns an array of FALSE values instead of a single False value.

For example:
    =ISERROR(FILTER(Table[Term],(IFERROR(SEARCH(","&$B57&",",Table[Term]),"")<>"")*(_Tabler[Online]=TRUE)))

Version: MS Excel for Mac Version 16.40 (20081201) MS 365 Subscription

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base