Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Series of dates

I work with rain series and generated a series of dates in Excel from 1900 to 2020. This series is shifted by one day.
    I discovered that excel treats 1900 as a leap year, however, this year is not a leap year, which causes the series to shift.

I corrected the problem manually for my studies, but this type of problem can cause errors for users since excel is a program used by scientists, accountants, and entrepreneurs in general.

I use the 2010 version of Excel, and despite knowing that this version is no longer supported by the company, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Produce Ratio Charts between two assets

Please allow users to produce ratio charts between two assets. You already allow multiple assets to be shown graphically. For example, show the ratio between XLV and SPY. This is done by dividing XLV by the SPY value for the same day and then plotting over a given time period.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide for sorting of a group of groups of data (i.e., ranges or named ranges or tables)

Provide for sorting of a group of groups of data (i.e., ranges or named ranges or tables):

Several grouped rows (or columns or even possibly adjacent cells) i.e., D4:L80, M4:U80, V4:AC80, AN84:AV164, and BF84:BN164

With the same cell within each main group (selected from any of the selected main groups) being the sort criteria.

Could offer the ability to designate the destination of the resulting sorted data, horizontal or vertical display order, with or without a unique (or possibly even user defined) separator.

Additionally, although not needed (BY ME AT LEAST) offer the ability to sort the subgroups within a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OLM to PST converter tools

OLM to PST converter tools offers you an easy way to convert OLM to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, EMlx, HTML, ICS, and vCard format. OLM to PST tool is more compatible with window 10 and office 365. You can split PSTfiles into smaller parts. It provide 100% safe and secure conversion results. https://www.kdetools.com/olm/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recognise mouse location

Excel should recognise location of mouse on the screen when working with multiple spreadsheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a data analysis option for factor analysis

Even offering just varimax rotation principal component analysis would be an excellent feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Introduction of physical units

It would be great, if you could introduce physical units in Excel such as Second, Meter, Kilogram, Newton, Watt

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let autosave save my file locally and not OneDrive

Please stop nudging and forcing me to use OneDrive in all ways.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please make the active cell more visible in a worksheet. It's almost impossible to see.

I have problems seing which cell that is active in the sheet I'm working on.
    I know that there are a lot of people having the same problem but no one has found a solution. It's extremely hard to see when the cells have borders around them.
    You don't know where you are!
    It's really hard to the eyes and gives me a headeache.
    Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Solid Default Trendline

Some time ago, the trendline default changed to "round dots," and it looks terrible. I honestly can't bear to look at the dotted trendline. Thankfully, I am able to change to a solid trendline, but still very annoying. Please fix this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There should be an Accessibility Category in this forum.

I am surprised to see there is no Accessibility Category on this forum. I believe users should be able to send Accessibility suggestions and ideas. This is a key difference among competitors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can’t remove the Macros button

I’m not able to remove the Macros button from developer tab in the new Excel version by right-clicking it! In the previous version2010 (build 13328.20292), we are able to remove the button by right-clicking it. Please revert this function in the new version! Currently I’m using 2010 (build 13328.20356).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to downgrade Office version

I want to downgrade office to a previous version. How to do it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scroll between tabs with mouse scroll wheel

Excel should let you scroll from one tab to the next by just using the mouse scroll wheel. Google Sheets has this functionality and it's really convenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. LET TH USER DECIDE IF AUTOSAVE IS ON OR OFF BY DEFAULT!!!

Let the user decide if Autosave is on or off by default!
    On by default is so screwed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bankers rounding

Please add a function for banker's rounding or round to even. That way we don't have to write our own. That way you don't have to add a breaking change to the default ROUND(). Just include another function by default.

Example
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44310679/bankers-rounding-formula-in-excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When we click on help, we can enter a feature we are looking up. Right now, we get two layers of features with everything locked out except

When we click on help, we can enter a feature we are looking up. Right now, we get two layers of features with everything locked out except

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base