Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to automatically copy sheet name to the clipboard when sheet is selected.

If you could instruct excel to copy the sheet name to the clipboard when sheet is selected the name could then readily be pasted into other applications. In my case I have a sheet for each part # that I copy and paste into an mrp application so i am looking at information in two places about the the same part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhanced Data Point Markers

Four new data point markers could greatly expand nomogram creation by allowing adjacent scales on opposite sides of the same base line. They would look like the + data point marker with one arm removed or with three arms removed. For example, see my spiral slide rule in the attached file. With adjacent scales, a precise cursor is not required to transfer values between scales.

To better support this kind of chart, better control over the position of data point labels is needed. I know that I can move an individual data point label, but I need to move ALL…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please correct the error in the accounting format

• Open a new Excel worksheet

• Format the entire worksheet with Accounting Format, 0 Decimal places, Symbol: None

• Enter 100 into cell A1

• In cell A2 enter the formula =A1*5/12

• Note that the format has now changed to show 2 decimal places

This only seems to occur with the Accounting Format. Using the Number Format this change won't occur. However the Accounting Format is a convenient format for someone like me in the financial professional that likes their worksheets to show "-" instead of "0"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SUMIFS and similar work with MONTH() and YEAR()

SUMIFS(values,MONTH(daterange),MM,YEAR(daterange),YYYY)
    instead of:
    SUMIFS(values,daterange,">="&A1,daterange,"<="&EOMONTH(A1,0)),
    which seems clunky and complicated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKING_SHIT_ASS _PRODUCT. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKINGSHITASS PRODUCT. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You are on cutting of edge

Each time I open (almost each time) Excel or other Office app, I getting message about Cutting Edge with request to update or check my privacy settings.

All my privacy settings looks like OK.

Is that neccessary to ask EACH time I start a program

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop excel crashes when cut and pasting between tabs

Stop excel from crashing when cut and pasting between tabs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Viewing Sums

If I highlight a range of numbers I can see sum, min, max, avg, etc... at the bottom of my window. However, I can only see those things on the active window. It would be nice if those items were viewable on all open windows, not just the active one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Power Query: Provide setting to eliminate the space in the name of each step

When Power Query creates a step it uses 2 words separated by a space (e.g. Added Custom). Within the advanced editor this requires a #" " be placed around the name of the step (e.g. #"Added Custom") which is challenging to read when you have so many steps.

Please provide a parameter setting in Power Query for "Create steps with no space". If selected by the user the steps would be created without the space (e.g. AddedCustom) and thus inside the advanced editor there is no need for he #" " wrapping and it becomes much easier to read).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Errata en web de Office support

Existe una errata en la web https://support.office.com/es-es/article/insertar-o-eliminar-una-hoja-de-c%C3%A1lculo-19d3d21e-a3b3-4e13-a422-d1f43f1faaf2#ID0EAACAAA=Office_2010 en el segundo punto donde dice "pestaña Inicio" ya que en la versión de Microsoft Office 2010 los elementos principales de la cinta de opciones se llaman FICHAS y no pestañas. El equipo de contenidos de aprendizaje de Office en la web debe revisar esta incidencia o errata y modificarla en la web del enlace que se ha indicado en el inicio de este comentario.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the function of blinking the cell, and setting the color (under a certain condition IF)

In the MICROSOFT EXCEL program - the function of blinking the
    cell, and setting the color (under a certain condition IF)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. EXCEL

I went need excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow multiple workbooks to open in one instance of Excel like it always used to do

Allow multiple workbooks to open in one instance of Excel like it always used to do. The way it has always worked for years and years. The new version of excel that opens a new instance/window of excel every time you open a different workbook SUCKS and hinders efficiency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ******* you for wasting more and more of my time with each of your shit_product "updates". FUCK_ YOU MICROSOFT.

******* you for wasting more and more of my time with each of your shitproduct "updates". FUCK YOU MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MICROSOFT ONEDRIVE FAILING TO SYNC PROPERLY AFTER OFFLINE WORK

On october 2019 I was working offline on my Microsoft Surface Go (Windows 10 up to date) on an excel, saved it, and then when I got back online I got a message saying that the documents couldn't be merged, and when I clicked on "Resolve" and my offline work disappeared completely, without giving me any options. The work I did offline was not present in the document versions, and not even an informatic expert could recover it. I moved my files out of One Drive and back to google drive because I cannot risk that to happen again. Please,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. first order differential trend

I would really like to see a trend for a "first-order step change" equation. This is of the form y(t) = K(1-exp(-t/Tau) where the variables K and Tau are solved using a least-squares estimate. This type of equation is very common in engineering terms and would be incredibly handy to have as part of the default selection of trends available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. autosave for Dropbox

I would like to see autosave expanded to include dropbox. I save files to multiple locations for security reasons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DATEDIF formula and syntax helper in formula bar

I use the DATEDIF formula regularly for business tasks, including calculating due dates etc. I don't understand why this formula isn't more prominently offered to those who wish to use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Stop 'Paste Formats' Overwriting Non Pivot Chart Data Source When Copying from PivotChart

I create a new chart with a new data source (non pivot table based), and want the formats from an existing chart to be used. However copying the existing chart (pivot table based), then selecting the new chart, selecting Paste Special: Formats, overwrites the actual data source of the new chart to the same as the old. Worse still, if you press undo, Excel forgets the original data source and unlinks the chart completely, so you need to redefine the data source, AND manually set the formats to match the preferred chart style. Please fix!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base