Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SysInspire NSF to pst converter

SysInspire NSF to PST converter is known to be a simple, well-arranged application and has a profound user-friendly interface. You will get detailed instructions at every step of the procedure. The software provides strong criteria to convert the NSF file to pst file format. The NSF to Outlook conversion software can locate the NSF files within a specific folder of your computer and the user does not guide the software to add the significant NSF files. Batch conversion is also supported which is the new and advanced feature added in the software. The software previews all mail items like the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improve Cell Reference

When using formulas and calling cell by reference (ex: "C2") it works as it should. But it should be possible to write it like C(1+1), because it would greatly improve use of functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Cell References

When using formulas and calling cell by reference (ex: "C2") it works as it should. But it should be possible to write it like C(1+1), because it would greatly improve use of functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Cell References

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve Cell References

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve Cell References

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Cell References

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag sequence auto fill

There should be an option to fill whole column and to preserve all results. In this example: the first Sequence in A2 should take 3 cells and push the other Sequence automatically to the next free cell below. (you should implement it in ->the right click -> "Auto Expand Sequence"). Then the second sequence in A3 should be pushed to A6, take 3 cells and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dear Microsoft team! I have created sheet and I need function to put them in alphabetical order. Column test is not the one I need

Dear Microsoft team! I have created sheet with more than 200 names and I need function to put them in alphabetical order. Column test is not the one I need

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a standard function called "Last()" which will find (and/or go to) the last populated cell, column or row in a worksheet

This function would find (and/or go to) the address of:

(a) the last populated cell in a designated column or row or range in a specified worksheet; OR

(b) the last populated row or column in a worksheet.

These would be particularly helpful options when, for example, the user wants to specify the extent of a range, which has a moving target for the last cell in the desired range.

Similarly, a function called "First()" would help in finding and/or specifying the start of a desired range in a worksheet.

It might even be practical for any such functions to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New formula IFBLANK(value, value_if_blank)

Simple new formula similar to IFNA(). Should work equivalent to IF(ISBLANK(value), valueifblank, value).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When recovering version from history, macro calls point to a wrong file

When recovering a previous versions, all OnAction properties are screwed up and point to some weird path to a file that doesnt exist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add search bar ( Excel options GUI)

I suggest to add search bar for excel options since there are so many choices, this will make Excel look more professional and familiar.

This idea can be used in case more than 20 choices will look efficient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pivot tables: Actually apply the user-set paramter "for empty cells show ..."

In the pivot tables' options, there's a checkbox called "For empty cells show..." along with a textbox. Whatever the checkbox's or the textbox's values are, empty cells all display (Empty) in our pivot tables. The pivot tables should respect the user's choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Icons for Custom Formatting! I want a LOT of icons! I REALLY want the ability to add my own custom icons....

Icons!

I want a LOT of icons! I REALLY want the ability to add my own custom icons... perhaps as a set I can create under File>Options, OR using a file picker at the time I am creating the CF.

For instance, I often wish for:

Question Mark
    Clock
    Calendar
    Ellipsis
    Map Marker (not a flag, but a "teardrop")
    Smiley Faces - Happy, Neutral, Frown
    "In Process" circle
    "No" Symbol - Red circle with diagonal line
    Stop Sign shape
    Thumbs Up & Down
    Lightbulbs - dimmed and illuminated
    Round Target with Arrow at Bullseye
    Plus Sign
    Dotted Outline Icons -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft access database can be incorporated in microsoft office 2019

access database is an important application , need to be part of Microsoft office 2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Formula calculation ignoring text

Formula calculation ignoring text.
    For example in formula bar user type in:
    = 100 boxes per person * 10 person * 5 trips
    Excel would ignore text and calculate numeric answer which is 5000.
    Furthermore, user is given a choice whether the cell shows the original formula or numeric answer in that specific cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rar password recovery

Stella RAR password recovery software well qualified way to recover and remove lost password of RAR file. This WIN RAR password cracker software is guide you step to ***** RAR file password and also gives you free demo of RAR file password Unlocker tool with demo you can recover first two character of RAR file password at free of cost.
    Visit Here:-
    https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-rar-password.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include ticker symbol for “S&P/NZX 50” index in the “Stocks” functionality within Microsoft Excel

The inclusion of the S&P/NZX 50 ticker symbol and related S&P/NZX indices (such as S&P/NZX 10 and 20) would be highly beneficial for the analysis of NZX shares, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base