Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Data type by Date for excel

1. Add World Days by Date

2. Gold and dollar exchange rates by date

3. Corporate Income and cost by date

4. ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GET YOUR DOPEY_FUCKING_TEMPATE, GOOD MONRING/AFTERNOON BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. YOU_FUCKED_UP THE FILE OPTIONS SO FUCKING_BAD_ALREADY.

GET YOUR DOPEYFUCKINGTEMPATE, GOOD MONRING/AFTERNOON BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. YOUFUCKEDUP THE FILE OPTIONS SO FUCKINGBADALREADY. DOES YOUR SHITWARE ADD-IN REALLY DO ANYTHING USEFUL OTHER THAN OBSCURE OR HIDE THE ACTUAL ACTIONS I AM LOOKING FOR? ******** MICROSOFT,SUCK MY FUCKINGDICK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add INDIRECT function as the seventh argument to XLOOKUP

When using XLOOKUP to find information on another worksheet using the worksheet TAB as a dynamic-selection via the Indirect-function, the need for this argument becomes clear. For example; XLOOKUP(@INDIRECT("'"&$J$13&"'!$C5"),INDIRECT("'"&$J$13&"'!C5:H30"). the 'Tab-Reference' is the INDIRECT("'"&$J$13&"'!) part of the function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why cant i use email i have in exel

use samr emaik as i hane on another computer to accses rxile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert voice memos

I would like to be able to click on a photo and for it to then speak the text. this would enable disabled children to hover the mouse or use the touch screen to say a word or sentence

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. prasanth

prasanth

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. EXCEL 365, HOME; WINDOWS 10 PRO x 64 - VERTICAL DOCKABILITY OF VBA EDITOR WINDOWS WINDOWS>

<EXCEL 365, HOME; WINDOWS 10 PRO x 64 - VERTICAL DOCKABILITY OF VBA WINDOWS>
    Please re establish vertical edge dockability for VBA editor windows in EXCEL 365. This kind of the windows dockability users had in previous versions of EXCEL which provided the better VBA programming efficiency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Excel 365, home; windows 10 pro x64 - In EXCEL 365 VBA code, the statement "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" fail to operate in some VBA

In EXCEL 365 VBA code, the statement "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" fail to operate in some VBA subroutines and macros. With "Application.ScreenUpdating = True" the execution is dramaticaly slowed down. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. TRIM within IFS throws #VALUE error on strings longer than 255 chars

The use of the TRIM function within an IFS function throws a #VALUE error, if the string within TRIM is longer than 255 characters:
    e.g.:
    =IFS(TRUE;REPT("x";256))
    if you use 255 instead of 256, the function works fine. If you use REPT alone, there's no problem.
    Tested on German Excel version 1910 Build 12130.20390, monthly channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "TIME TRAVEL" FEATURE.

Excel To include with time travel feature.This will facilitate to access back the file even if saved for erroneous data which will enable to access file for previous times status like 5min, 10min, 15min etc. back or before. In this way even file saved with heavy mistakes can be retrieved back to previous status and can be utilised for further work without redoing as whole.It is like restore to some known good configuration as in windows registry.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- I DON'T NEED 18 ******* DECIMAL POINTS EITHER.

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- I DON'T NEED 18 ******* DECIMAL POINTS EITHER.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. HEY FUCKACES AT MICROSOFT- I DONT NEED YOU TO ADD 17 DECIMAL places then expand a column whenever I do a calculation. FUCK_YOU.

HEY FUCKACES AT MICROSOFT- I DONT NEED YOU TO ADD 17 DECIMAL places then expand a column whenever I do a calculation. FUCK_YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When inputting data on expiry dates for training, include a feature where the spreadsheet notifies you when the expiry date is coming up.

When inputting data on expiry dates for training, include a feature where the spreadsheet notifies you when the expiry date is coming up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. shyam

good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have command line to disable Excel's clipboard

Please put a command line switch to force Excel to use the system clipboard OR, for that matter, the rest of Microsoft Office's clipboard. We use Excel to setup powershell commands for various items. Which, we can not trust what it is copying/pasting with Excel since around Office 97 (maybe).

Since some people DO find Excel's copy/paste current functionality, I propose that a command line switch be used to force Excel to use the system clipboard. OR, at the very least, the clipboard the rest of the MS Office products use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to automatically copy sheet name to the clipboard when sheet is selected.

If you could instruct excel to copy the sheet name to the clipboard when sheet is selected the name could then readily be pasted into other applications. In my case I have a sheet for each part # that I copy and paste into an mrp application so i am looking at information in two places about the the same part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enhanced Data Point Markers

Four new data point markers could greatly expand nomogram creation by allowing adjacent scales on opposite sides of the same base line. They would look like the + data point marker with one arm removed or with three arms removed. For example, see my spiral slide rule in the attached file. With adjacent scales, a precise cursor is not required to transfer values between scales.

To better support this kind of chart, better control over the position of data point labels is needed. I know that I can move an individual data point label, but I need to move ALL…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base