Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. best way to export EDB file to PST

Enstella Exchange EDB to PST Converter tool is one of the useful and professional recovery tools for both corrupt and healthy Exchange database file which will help you in reliable conversion of EDB to PST file. Also, if this EDB files got damaged, Exchange Mailboxes will not be accessible to the users. Enstella Software is the best solution to overcome this problem and to recover and restore exchange EDB file. When you look around Enstella is one of the easiest and fastest exchange recovery tools and consumes less time compared to other EDB to PST Converter Software. Enstella Software allows…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel print preview

When previewing the Excel page, the preview image become too small if the sheet includes title row or title column setting, and its page scaling has been set. I would like to use one page more widely, please improve this behavior.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add data bar to sparkline

I was wanting to do a bar chart in a cell, but didn't see it in Sparklines.

It took me a while to realize what I wanted was a data bar and it was under conditional formatting.

Please add/integrate/move that feature into the Sparklines section of the ribbon. That's where I look when I want to add charts/graphs right in the cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include PowerPIvot in ALL versions of Excel

Teaching Excel is incredibly difficult for me and for students when trying to figure out which features are included or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allo user to maximize Options window (all Microsoft Office Applications)

It is frustrating not to be able to see all options at once in Microsoft Office applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want the original formatting etc. button back! I don't need the ^Q-uick button at all on copied data.

I want the original formatting etc. button back! I don't need the ^Q-uick button at all on copied data. Why didn't you keep that feature when you added the other functions. I use that feature all the time in my work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save lotus archive files to outlook pst

I can guarantee you that there's no built-in tool which is 100% perfect to convert Lotus Notes archive database to Outlook PST except the SysInspire.

SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software allows users to convert all the archived items from the Lotus Notes into a PST file that you will open in the MS Outlook application and easily read the files.

NSF to PST Software provides a free trial demo version facility that allows restoring 25 emails per folders into- PST and HTML format.

The software maintains all folders structure and emails formatting, properties- to, cc, bcc, time and subjects…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto-size Notes

Allow Notes to auto-size based on content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create multiple conditional formatting rules for a range of cells in one go

I know this can be done already (create multiple conditional formatting rules for a range of cells) but it's tedious to do it one by one, especially if I have to select multiple ranges located in different parts of a worksheet. For example, I want to be able to highlight duplicates on certain ranges and highlight 3 specific matches in 3 different colors. I have to make four separate rules just to do that and I also have to select or copy-paste the range multiple times. I'm just hoping we can make the process easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to add to stock list

Need to add Viatris, Inc (VTRS) to stock list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VBA doesn't save pictures

We now can save pictures from Excel. But we can't use VBA to do the same thing. VBA needs to have the same ability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Tables no longer expand automatically

In Version 2011, Build 13426.20274, and for several updates before that, Tables no longer expand when data is entered immediately below or to the right of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pst email recovery

Are you trouble from outlook mail corruption then don’t worry just try Stella PST file recovery software which aid to repair damage outlook PST file data after that it allows to convert PST file data into working MS Outlook with multiple format such as:- EML, MSG, HTML, MBOX, TXT. This PST recovery software is smooth solution to fix any errors of PST file.
    Visit Here:-
    https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/email-migration/pst-email-recovery.php

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Power Query Ranking

Add the ability to add a custom column that ranks data. Needs to offer the standard different ranking methods: ordinal, standard, modified, dense and fractional as explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranking

Also needs to be able to rank within groups and nested groups.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A truly different first page.

If Format Cells window > Number tab > Category menu contained an Auto Page Number selection, I could put auto page numbering, Page X or Page X of Y, in any cell, as well as in the Header or Footer. In that way, my Different First Page - could truly be Different.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. EASILY FORMAT VARIABLE TEXT SPACING WITHIN CELLS. INCLUDES AUTO HEIGHT

Text spacing has always been a problem inside Excel cells. The worst problem happens when you use "Auto Fit Row Height" and "Auto Fit Column Width. Both of these shrink the cell walls too close to the cell text, making it hard to read. This difficulty is compounded when a worksheet is zoomed out. My answer to the problem can be solved and a few more needed features would be added besides my solution. The solution is to talk to the guys over at the "MS Publisher Development team". If you could get them to give you the code for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Embedding SVG images into headers/footers

Add SVG support for images embedded in headers and footers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Select function

Hi, I'm a fan of both UNIQUE and FILTER functions, however - typically - the more I use them, the more I want from them! I think Excel would benefit from a SELECT function, that worked in a hybrid fashion of SQL select, interspersed with FILTER. It would allow me to specify columns to select and a criteria on which to select them, like FILTER, but crucially, I'd be able to nest those columns inside other functions. Thus, a table with Date, Person and Sales columns could be grouped into monthly sales by person for Jan-Mar by using the select…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get rid of "copy of" when doing save as

Please get rid of the "copy of" prefix that automatically comes up whenever I do a file save as! It is never, ever helpful and always has to be deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Text to column feature not working and excel keep shutting when use this feature

Text to column feature not working and excel keep shutting when use this feature. I am extracting data from Tab delimited text file.

This happen multiple time and even after restart of system. All the work and time I spend on the data cleaning unfortunately wasted.

Sorry, if you are not right team on this issue, could you please pass to them?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base