Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide a function so that it automatically locks the prevoiusly entered cells

provide a function so that it automatically locks the prevoiusly entered cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pin different rows, depending on viewed section of the speadsheet

I got a speadsheet with two blocks of tables, one below the other.
    When i scroll down, I want the first five rows of the first block to be pinned, until I've scrolled down to the second block. As the first row of the second block comes into view I want the first five rows of the second block to the pinned instead of the rows of the first block.

I've seen this several times in webpages, so there're definitely more people who would use this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to recover lost 7zip file

Recover lost 7zip file without any problem by the use of eSoftTools 7z password recovery software. It recovers all password combination in several languages without any problem by the use of mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. Go with a free demo version to recover the first three letters of the password.

More info:- https://www.7zpasswordrecovery.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inaccurate results for imsqrt() function

The function imsqrt(-9) returns a complex number with a non-zero real part. It is supposed to simply return 3i (meaning 0 + 3i), i.e. the real part should be exactly zero....But it doesn't ! it returns 1.83772268236293E-16+3i. Although 1.83772268236293E-16 is quite small, it should simply be an absolute 0 (Check attached file). Please clarify.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clicking on a macro originating from another file ...

the originating file opens and asks for confirmation about the links. After that, it stays there, and you still have to choose the file you were working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Reordering of Chart Legends without the need to change the series order.

With two data series, the order of the legends cannot be modified if one of the data series is on the secondary Y Axis.

Although each legend on a chart can be selected, it cannot be moved or re-ordered.

If both data series are on the same axis, the legend (and series plot order) can be modified.

Excel should allow the legend values to be re-arranged independently of the order that the data series is plotted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide for Always on Top

Need a feature so you can open another app and work with Excel at the same time. Right now when I click on another app Excel goes away. I need to have both apps open at the same time and be able to work on both of them while I see both.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upgrades that don't wipe Excel's memory of recently opened files

It is exceptionally irritating (and costs your users valuable time) when the following happens immediately after a Microsoft upgrade. Firstly a screen appears inviting you to take a tour of all the new features you don't want. Then you select "open file" to find that the list of recently used files has been deleted by the upgrade. This then takes time to search for those files, again causing irritation and loss of productivity to your users. It strikes me that there is a shortage of competence here, both in the programmer who compiled the last two upgrades, and of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. LEAVE THE ******* NUM LOCK ON. ********.

LEAVE THE ******* NUM LOCK ON. ********.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. stock data please add: YTD return, 1 yr price target & EPS est for current yr & next

Data Types: Stocks (please add fields)
    1) Year To Date % Return (including Dividends)
    2) 1 yr price target
    3) EPS est for current yr & next yr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rotate pie within a pie charts (both plots) with full color & label customization

I would like to be able to fully rotate either plot of a "pie within a pie" chart. I want to rotate ether plot 1 or plot 2 pie charts fully 360 degrees or 180 in either direction, be able to separate and freestyle labels, fill colors and line colors, as well as label fonts, lines and fills.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Output a table from Power Pivot

Hello everyone,
    Would be great if would be possible also to get a table from power pivot aplication like you can do at power query.
    It would be helpfull in some day by day situation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have Draw Tab Active When One Opens a Spreadsheet with Inking

When I opened a spreadsheet on an 8-in. Win10 tablet PC, inking was automatically available, apparently, as I accidentally added some hard-to-see ink smudges to my spreadsheet. Later, when I opened the same spreadsheet on a laptop with a more brightly set monitor, the smudges were obvious but I had to add the DRAW tab to the Ribbon to find the ERASER to remove my accidental inking. Why not make Excel smart enough to offer the user the option to make the DRAW tab active if one opens a spreadsheet already containing inking? It might be nice, too, to have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to link the start/end date range in a chart to a cell so we don't need a macro for it

Allow us to link the start/end date range in a chart to a cell so we don't need a macro for it. Also allow this flexibility to all other editable features of a graph (such as the y-axis max/min etc...)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Protecting Sheets / Workbooks with Password - can't see password

When protecting sheets / worksheets with a password, there is no "eye" icon to display the password so you can verify that you've typed it in correctly. It would be great to have this function to help reduce errors and reduce the risk of locking yourself out of a file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. create file shortcut on desktop

Please restore the ability to "create shortcut on desktop" directly from the file manager. It was so handy. Now i have to create a shortcut, then copy or move it to the desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Freezing Property for Graphs, Shapes, Linked Pictures/Objects

It will be good to have Freezing Option under Properties for Graphs, Shapes, Linked Pictures/Objects etc. where a user can have an option to lock the objects on screen... and the same should be appearing as constant even if the user scrolls to the left-right & up-down.

This will give End-user a dynamic webpage view/feel especially for huge excel dashboards with specific KPI - graphs and charts appearing on top or on either sides

Like: Don't Move or Size or Scroll with the Cells

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base