Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scanning into Excel

In Apache, you are able to scan a document directly from your scanner into word. From Word, you can cut and paste the document or picture into Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the lock symbols from the tabs of protected sheets

Microsoft appears to have added this as a new 'feature' in Version 2006 (Build 13001.20266 Click-to-Run) and it's a disaster. For a workbook with a large number of protected sheets the visibility of sheet tabs is reduced by ~ 30%, thereby greatly reducing user-friendliness and the ability to navigate around the workbook using sheet tabs.

I've attached a screen grab of a basic model containing protected sheets which has lost visibility of at least 3 sheet tabs as a result of the unnecessary and unwanted lock symbols on almost every sheet.

This 'feature' needs to be removed or made optional…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark Mode (Excel Cells)

Please update dark mode in Excel to also include the cells changing colour according to the theme.

Dark mode in excel with the cells on the spreadsheet remaining white is pointless being that dark mode is there to reduce eye strain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Money in Excel Template

Upcoming Due Dates needs to expand so that more due dates are available

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save As Picture broken

I think there used to be an option to "Save As Picture" when right clicking on a graphic. This appears to have been deleted. It still works in Word or Powerpoint, but right now I can't find anyway to save a graphic in a file as a picture without having to copy it to another application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. EXCEL HAS TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE. TRYING TO FORMAT DATE.

i AM A LITTLE OLD LADY THAT USED TO ENJOY WHAT I COULD DO IN eXCEL. MAKE IT SIMPLE AGAIN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Revise the Grand Totals icons

When you have a PivotTable cell selected, go to the Design tab and then Grand Totals. At first, the icons all look the same, but actually, the data is coloured in blue to indicate where the grand total will be placed, and the remaining data remains grey. The blue and the grey are too similar to each other to be able to easily tell them apart when the data is only 1 pixel thick. This issue only gets worse over time as monitors gain more resolution but remain the same size (i.e. pixels get smaller and their colour becomes even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable importing photos to worksheets by Drag and Drop (as Mac version)

Add drag and drop ability to Excel for importing photos to worksheets as per the MacOS version.

This is the one thing holding me back from switching to the Windows version of Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great if I could add or link a photo to each data row.

What I would like to be able to do is add or link a photo to a (each) data row. For example, suppose I have a spread sheet of all my valuables. Each row dedicated to a particular item with the columns containing attributes such as name of the item, value, purchase date, etc. I would like to include an attribute column titled “photo” to document an image of the item. Since any discernable photo will be much too large to fit into the likely size of the cell, when selected, the cell must access (wherever stored) the appropriate image…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Theme availability

I would like to request to kindly provide dark theme that will be applied to whole worksheet not only on ribbon. it is most preferable if Dark Gray or some other effective color along with black theme is provided for working night to reduce eye strain.
    it would also request to kindly give option to change outlook body color (Switch background) like available in black theme i.e. not available in Dark Gray.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a stopwatch and timer feature

Add a stopwatch and timer feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Graphics formatting with the Cell

Wenn man eine Grafik einfügt, sollte es eine Funktion geben, dass sich diese mit der Zellgröße automatisch formatiert.

Ich möchte eine Zelle Erstellen 1cm x 1cm und dort eine Grafik / Piktogramm einfügen 0,90 cm 0,90 cm. Dieses soll einmal Mittig sowohl in Höhe als auch in Breite in der Zelle zentriert werden können, ohne dass man manuell mit der Maus die Formatierung machen muss und sich auch mit der Zellgröße vergrößern oder verkleinern können.

Wenn ich also die Zelle auf 2x2cm erweitere, sollte die Grafik entsprechend größer / kleiner werden können.

Auch sollte sich eine Grafik am Text orientieren…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Pin Shapes to Screen to the Shapes properties

Add a new property to shapes that pins the shape in position relative to the screen and not the sheet, that way it wont be affected by scrolling and can remain visible at all times as the user scrolls around the sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. enable snap to grid for lines

new I cannot make a perfectly horizonal or vertical line because I cannot make both ends parallel to a grid line!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MY Graphs for College labs won't graph points on more than 1 sheet when saved on pFD's

I need a update to my system how do I get this dam misfit program to work in a uniform way?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. trendline

Add an option to create your own global form for a trendline. An option that you can create a formula and the data will get fitted to that line. For example, you can say: y= a/SQRT(x) or y=a/x or something else and Excel will try and fit the line to that formula.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replace the Excel 2016 icon for the "Switch To Workbook" button in Power Pivot

Currently, the "Switch To Workbook" button in Power Pivot uses the Excel 2016 logo as its icon. Please change this to either the Excel 2019 logo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base