Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerQuery should recognise international (Unicode) web addresses

This website uses an accented character:
    https://www.kalóriaguru.hu
    I can use the old Get Data from Web Legacy Wizard providing I add the Magyar language pack to Windows . Powerquery returns "Bad request" unless I translate the address to Punycode
    xn--kalriaguru-ibb.hu
    Allow the end-user to enter their web site address as they know it without having to translate it into American. Sure, doing it in code is no problem, and I'd use VBA, but this is for users who don't know code.
    Technet link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d3e2608-0f2f-4735-95a4-b03d60e16e35/excel-365-powerquery-error-400-bad-request

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow aggregation of text when doing Group By in PowerQuery

When doing Group By it is possible to choose an aggregation but it is not possible to do Text Aggregation (using concatenation) using the UI.

It is possible to aggregate strings using "Text.Combine" in the advanced editor but it is a common enough operation that I think it should be added to the user interface.

See https://excelgorilla.com/power-bi/power-query/aggregate-text-values-using-group-by/ for an example of doing it in the advanced editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stock Data: update / refresh data automatically

Please keep the stock data automatically up to date without the need to manually refresh it (like in Google Sheets =googlefinance).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PDF Conversion for Microsoft 365 Subscribers -- Convert PDF within Word/Excel AND One Drive.

I've seen a few comments on this, but it seems like something that would be an incredible addition to the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Especially for the Office 365 Subscribers --- This would be an incredible perk to build into 365.

Additionally, an incredible benefit to Office 365 would be an extension in One Drive that allows for PDF export to Word, Excel, etc. That way you can do everything you need to do (as far as conversion) in one application, rather than having to go back and forth between 2/3 apps.

Simplicity in design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export all mailboxes to PST Exchange 2010

Exchange EDB to PST Converter that has the power to extract EDB databases like emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, journals, and appointments to a new PST file. With this EDB to PST software, the user can easily retrieve all the database from any corrupt EDB file without using any difficult technical skill. It supports all version of Exchange Server and MS Outlook (including 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and below version) to easily make the conversion of EDB file to PST.

Get more info:- https://www.esofttools.com/exchange-server-database-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Getting Data from another excel file copies the cell format and style

I want to have a separate excel sheet that can get an updated data from another worksheet and also follows the cell format and style.

I can only get an updated data but it won't follow the cell format and style

If I do a copy/paste, I can get the data with the format and style but it won't update any data if there are changes from the other workbook

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mysql For Excel: No Connection Showing

Earlier I used to load the data using Excel MySQL plugin. As of now am not able to see the connections which were added. Look like its a bug from recent ms off update. Please fix the same asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the Stock lookup list add current annual dividend and dividend period.

In the Stock lookup list add "current annual dividend" and "dividend period - monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual)".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. keep visual basic for real world business

Many businesses use programs like Peachtree, or even very large platforms like Meditech and Epic in Hospitals. They do not always have good implementations, and as a way to salvage poor operations we use data dumps into excel. The way the vast majority of power users have used this in the past is to use VISUAL BASIC to automate TONS of data manipulation. I have found, very clearly, that Office 2010 64 bit can be rolled out to several people and shared excel files with visual basic in them work fine. If one person has office 2013, or 2016 or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Python Script connector as Power BI

Using a Python script as data source (like power BI) so then the data analyst can connect directly to a data frame.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import file TXT with Code M to Power Query

I often write or receive a few M-language text files to copy and paste in Power Query. When you have only 3 or 4 queries, the process is fast. But when we talk about 10 or more queries, it starts getting tiresome.

The idea is to be able to create a new query based on a txt file, for example, containing the code in M.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. select date for open/close stock

You should be able to pick dates when selecting stock info.

E.g set the date as 06/11/2019 to get XNAS:MSFT open price on that day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give the option to show metadata above tables that are loaded from queries.

It would be nice to be able to show meta-data above tables that are loaded from queries. An example of this would be displaying the notes that are in the properties of the query two rows above the loaded table. Here are a few more examples: source data name or file location; last refresh time; errors; code-based message, hyperlink to the query, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stocks data - UK OEIF Funds

J P Morgan Natural Resources Inclusive Class A Accumulation Fund (This is a UK fund) cannot be found under the Stocks Data listing. Please include. have tried looking for various different spellings etc.

JPM Natural Resources Fund A - Net Accumulation (0P00000RC8.L)
    LSE in GBp

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Syntax Highlighting in Power Query (Get Data)

I would love for "Get Data" query editor to use syntax highlighting like the query editor in PowerBI Desktop does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. stocks data

The stocks data is not finding Proton Partners International Ltd (XLON:PPI). I have checked and it shows on Morningstar, which the various posts here would seem to indicate is where the data comes from, but I have also seen a reply saying the data comes from Refinitiv. Whilst I think the stock data is a great addition it is certainly not up to par. There are so many stocks that it can't find or returns from the wrong exchange that it becomes so frustrating to use. Even when you look up the ticker elsewhere and include the exchange and ticker…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. stock data

There only appears to be a Buy price available via the Stockdata icon. Please add the selling price as well, as it is the selling price that is used to value stocks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stockticker Update

Need update for Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd (XKRX:042660) - South Korean stock exchange. Other XKRX stocks are available via the Stock ticker, so why does it not find this one.

Also no Singapore exchange stocks found, only OTC exchanges. e.g. Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Ltd (OTCM:OVCHY) instead of Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Ltd (SGX:O39).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. COMBINING OFDATAF ROM MULTIPLE EXCEL FILE TO SINGLE SHEET

COMBINING OFDATAF ROM MULTIPLE EXCEL FILE TO SINGLE SHEET

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)