Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Power Query Text/CSV should be Texto/CSV in Portuguese

Hi. On Data / Get & Transform Data, the option "From Text/CSV" should be translated to "De Texto/CSV". There is a missing letter "o" in the current translation. Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel is getting worse for each version

Excel is getting worse for each version. Before it was easy for me to import csv or skv files. Now you think that Excel is smarter than me and converts everything to skv. If I copy and paste from notepad it defaults to skv WHY, I HAVENT ASKED YOU TO CONVERT!!! I often want to treat data as CSV NOT SKV. Before I pasted the data in column A and then used TEXT to columns. Worked perfectly. Now everything gets corrupt because YOU have decided that YOU know whats best. I do this sometimes 20 times a day and half…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Raise an error if Workbooks.Open text file exceeds row limit

The debacle in the UK over lost Covid-19 results appears to have been a silent failure by Excel when the number of rows in a CSV/text file exceeded the sheet dimensions. This was in Excel 2003 (or earlier) but the same behaviour is in the latest Excel. Workbooks.Open "File.csv" does NOT raise an error if the file line count exceeds the sheet rows, which is inconsistent with the UI File>Open behaviour, which DOES show an error message. So make them consistent please. My analysis is at https://sysmod.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/uk-covid-19-track-trace-excel-snafu-uncontrolled-spreadsheets-lead-to-data-loss/

A related post but not referring to raising an error is at https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/274580-excel-for-the-web/suggestions/10550871-csv-import-exceeding-row-limit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. example workbook for practice

I read the blog about creating power query data types and I would like to practice. It would be great if you provided an example workbook and data set to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. example workbook for practice

I read the blog about creating power query data types and I would like to practice. It would be great if you provided an example workbook and data set to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Name The New Tab The Same As The Power Query Table Being Imported

When importing a power query into a worksheet and choosing the New worksheet option, automatically name the worksheet tab the same name as the query.
    Example: I have a sales table (or query) in Access. Using Get and Transform, I connect to the table in Excel Power Query Editor. The table name in the Power Query Editor is "FactSales". After transforming the data as needed I choose

Close and Load To

x Table
    - PivotTable Report
    - PivotChart
    - Only Create Connection
    Where do you want to put this data
    Existing worksheet:

=$A$1

x New worksheet

After choosing Table and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voice finder mid air screen graphics smart hack home

Move holograms pixel screen mid air inside ur smart office or home anywhere every program in one hacker server security24/7 365 days a year remote monitoring 24 hour security assistance all copyrights expired roots taking parts from begging is not coping with redistributes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STOCKHISTORY

Include stock indexes (such as DJ Index, Russell 2000, S&P500, and even more minor like EuroStoxx50 and MSCI Emerging Markets, etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OST to PST Converter Software

Before purchasing any OST converter you have to first check the functions and features of the OST converter that you are going to purchase. The only OST converter that has satisfied more than 1 million people is ATS OST to PST Converter. ATS OST to PST Converter can recover the OST files and also help the user of the ATS OST converter to very easily export it to a various cloud-based application like Exchange Server, Office 365, Outlook PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, vCal, vCard and many other different types of tool. With the help of this tool, you can also…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How about delivering what you claim to support?

I can't find a place to submit bugs but many stocks are missing, even though its a supported exchange in Excel. For example, the Singapore stock exchange (XSES) stocks are missing.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-stocks-financial-data-sources-98a03e23-37f6-4776-beea-c5a6c8e787e6?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. migrar OLM para ferramenta Gmail

Com o software OLM Converter tudo-em-um, o usuário pode exportar facilmente o OLM para o Gmail com todos os detalhes e anexos. O tamanho do arquivo não importa, a tarefa de conversão é concluída em apenas alguns passos simples, sem manipular os arquivos originais. A ferramenta migra OLM para Gmail, G Suite, Google Drive e etc.https://www.kdetools.com/olm/gmail/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It should be able to download data from bank accounts as far back as I select. Or at least to download statements and merge in.

It should be able to download data from bank accounts as far back as I select. Or at least to download statements and merge in to Excel Money. Form what I see of it so far it is not even close to the old Microsoft Money hopefully there will be further updates or maybe a paid version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. migrate OLM to Gmail

If you want to migrate OLM to Gmail then, you can try any professional software like KDETools OLM to Gmail Migration Tool. This Application shows a free preview of the OLM mail with attachment. OLM to Gmail Migration tool operates with all the Windows Version.https://www.kdetools.com/olm/gmail/

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. free Exchange Recovery Software

There is lots of Exchange EDB to PST Recovery Tool in online market, but problem is that how we can select the best tool in various tools, it is very difficult to choose the right one, so as per my experience I would like to suggest a proficient third-party tool such as Enstella Exchange EDB Recovery Software. It helps to convert EDB to PST without any hurdle. The software is quite powerful to even repair corrupt exchange database and restore all EDB items back into the previous format without any data loss.

Download freeware to click here-https://www.enstella.com/exchange-email-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ost to office 365 migration

I recommend ost to office 365 migration from KDETools software. This is the unique way to import OST email in Office 365 without loss of any data. The ost to office 365 converter tool has several advance features to complete this process easily and rapidly. It has inbuilt preview option to preview PST file data before import to Office 365.

To know more about this tool, one can download a free trial version of this tool as well.

More info- https://www.kdetools.com/blog/ost-to-office365-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PowerBI: don't limit uservoice to Busienss/Edu users!

I tried to post some suggestions to PowerBI but could not because I am not a student and not employed.
    Why am I a second class customer just because I am learning PowerBI on my own using a hotmail account?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PowerQuery: M / DAX etc make the language syntax case insensitive.

Some of the command languages in the "PowerTools" the commands are case sensitive.
    DON'T DO THAT!
    If there are 2 parallel commands defined by case. That is just swank. It is a real PITA getting syntax errors just because I match start the command case spelling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. power query: ungroup steps

While it is handy to group similar steps into one, it would also be handy to be able to ungroup when needed. For example to remove/undo one without removing the other(s).

Make it graphical since many people have no clue how to edit the underlying code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. power query: number steps

In powerquery, please add option to display automatic step numbers. It would help when consulting with someone else to be able to refer to a simple step number. Some people are too lazy to rename steps so it can be hard to refer to a specific step in a query

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base