Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How about a reading Excel?

Hey guys, I've been wondering about this for a while...

Why aren't there any reading guide?Wouldn't it be nice if someone implements a machine learning algorithm with a voice and it would be so much easier to compare something without turning the head to look every word-to-word ,

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tables as chart sources

Excel should work with one-row tables to which are to be added more rows later in order to use these tables as chart sources. Now charts using tables as a source are automatically updated only if the table has at least two rows (+header row).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mention Data Analysis Toolpack

Might be good to mention on some of your help pages. This one for Histogram did not mention it, and so I thought it had been done away with at 2016
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-histogram-85680173-064b-4024-b39d-80f17ff2f4e8

I am so glad you still have! Great features of text orientation and bin customization :)

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep old powerful features

I have used Excel for data analysis for many years and often make much better presentations than those using Minitab. I find the new way of making a histogram is super easy (once you know where it is now) but the power of easily making custom bins is gone. Custom bins are critical to visualize data that has multifaceted oddities. Outliers often need to be shown on the same chart for which you want visualization of the normal occurrences. Please put custom bin ability back in.
    Also, the pre-made bin labels are informative but not very editable. Looks like someone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Somehow allow the user to visualize easily the negative time difference.

If you monitor the daily time spent at work in an excel table, you can have overtime or short time per day vs. working hours. Currently it is not easy (I know there are some more complicated methods...) to visualize the short time is being a negative time difference and shown by excel as ######## in the cell contains the result of the calculation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Second variable for the Excel Tree Map

Dears, it would be very important to implement the possibility of havind a second variable for the Excel Treemap chart in order to have a graduate color for this new variable. Nowadays Its possible to define the size of each item but not the variation of the item color...
    Tks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. pan-ability within charts for large data sets

When working with large data sets and visually analyzing trends over time within a chart, I want to be able to be able to set the chart "scale" tight enough to see data variation, but then be able to pan-through the chart data without having to manually adjust the X and Y scale each time.

I also want a pan tool just within the normal workbook; the center wheel click on the mouse is frustrating to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add blue and purple balls to conditional formatting.

In conditional formatting you can use red, green, yellow and black balls, but I need more colors. Please add blue and purple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Map Chart for at least Excel 2016

Please add map chart compability for Excel 2016 so we can visualize data with map and create more interactive excel on older version of Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow the use of selected icons to represent locations

Like one icon to show Headquarters, another to show regional offices, one to show factories, etc. Allow the user to import their own icons for use on the maps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full screen view for charts

When looking at charts in excel, it can be a pain to get them centred and scaled to see them clearly. It would be great to have an item on the right click menu for charts to view the chart full screen, then any mouse click to return to normal view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop Chart Tooltips from Showing Everywhere

The chart tooltips popup all over the sheet, getting in the way a lot. If the mouse is not hovering over the chart then it shouldn't be displaying a tooltip over a cell which blocks the view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug Fix: Linking PivotChart titles / axes to cells when using Data Model

If I create a PivotChart from an Excel table, I can then set the chart title and axis labels to link to cells in the worksheet (to make them dynamic based on slicer selection).

However, if I create a PivotChart from the data model, I can not set the chart title or axis labels to link to cells in the worksheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Build Calculators that act as stand-alone apps

I often use Excel to make simple calculators, when an operation needs to be performed frequently. For example; I have a simple chart that displays the percentage difference between two numbers. This chart obviously contains just the three data values; 1st #, 2nd #, and % difference.

I make numerous calculators of this sort. They are simple, and I use them to calculate data from other programs, and websites, frequently.

Wouldn't it be awesome, if I could "tell" Excel, that this chart I've made is a stand-alone calculator, so that when you open the file, it is treated a little…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Excel histogram compatible with normal distribution

Dear Microsoft,
    This is more like a question. Since I'm not a mathematician but a very frequent user of MSExcel (Win 365), I have a little issue with the new histogram function. By calculating the width of the inteval by Scott's formula, I get the same value as Excel, no problem. However, I would expect the histogram to be symmetric around the average value because that is how Scott constructed the formula. Hence, the plotting of intervals should proceed from the mean value towards the left and right, according to the values of the widths of the intervals (bin widths).…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Truncate chart axises

Be able to easily truncate chart axis. This feature is intrinsic to chart design and it's hard to believe Excel still doesn't have it. The workaround methods are extremely tedious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the charts it would be good to be able to edit the labels on the horizontal axis manually.

It would be good to edit the horizontal axis labels manually as sometimes only small changes are needed in a few of the labels. The option to select axis-select data-edit horizontal categories axis labels, is not very user friendly as the edit box is too small. One cannot expand it to edit the labels more clearly. In older excel versions I remember that manual editing was allowed on the labels without changing the underlying data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excel - increase decimal and decrease decimal Symbol

Excel increase and decrease decimal symbol is confusing. Suggest changing left hand side arrow pointing to right. - See attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base