Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow different formatting for dates in Excel header/footer without VBA

At present, the header and footer only work with the system date format. The user should be able to specify the formatting for the date in the footer, perhaps by including a format code with the date. Options could include any permutation of d, m and y:

dd-mmm-yyyy
    mmmm d, yyyy; etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. active-x

Stop showing Active-X controls on the Developer tab of the Ribbon. When Windows users add these open source controls to workbooks, they will not work cross-platform on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. regarding freezing

add a feature that allow any column not only first one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. So many extra stuff on top of the excel frame!

How can i remove or manage them ? so many extra items in the main window beside minimize how I can I remove them? I just need a excel sheet for my work. I don't need fancy things to show cloud saving or what is my ID ? I need a place to grab the window!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. keep the user screen size permanently

I would like to set the screen size for my workbook/sheet self and keep it as long as i want. This should then become to opening size of the excel untill I change it!
    Microsoft should not decide for me what the screen size should be!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Convert Exchange EDB file to PST

You can easily repair corrupted or damaged EDB File and convert EDB file to PST Outlook file by getting this most talented eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter Software.

It will easily remove all corruption errors from EDB file and never make any changes in EDB File database.

EDB to PST Software can convert EDB file into PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and EMLX file format with all contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and appointments.

You can also use its preview feature which displays all Mailbox items of EDB file to transfer them selectively to PST and also you can simply try its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Language Translation In Marathi (Indian Language).

Marathi language is among the top 15 spoken languages in the world. Approx 81 million speakers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Keyboard shortcut" BRING IT BACK OR I'M ETERNALLY SUPPORTING TRUMP FOR PRESIDENCY

"Keyboard shortcut" why it's not existing in Excel, which retrd decided to remove it! are you dumb.
    This is the reason I eternally support TRUMP and expect Sarah Palin to be next president
    BRING IT BACK! I DON'T LIKE OPENING 'HELP' WHENEVER I ACCIDENTLY HIT F1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rename the term "Data Types" - for things like Stock & Geography

The term "Data Types" -- for things like Geography and Stock -- is quite confusing. It pertain to so many different things.
    I was trying to find information whether or not i could create my own "custom Data Type" in Excel; the results had nothing to do with what i was looking for, as you can imagine.

How about renaming to:
    - Data Entity (would match the Azure Common Data Service) or
    - Data Domain.

Anybody, ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tool bar size

Shrink the toolbar, it takes so much space when using a laptop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the Excel Javascript Api compatible with blazor

I have a team of C# developers not good in javascript react but doing their best!
    We try blazor on an UI. We understand what we do, we leverage on our C# knowledge, and we do better UIs!
    But we also have javascript Api addins... in react. We would like to being able to create it in Blazor as it's going to be a big project for the company...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why Monitoring Your Wiki Page Has Become More Important

We know that Wikipedia is the most prominent and most used platform for gathering information of any and almost every type. This capability of the platform makes it a potentially responsible platform but over time people have realized one of its major drawback. The Wiki Page Creation Services makes the platform changeable, which allows it to change every second. The problem which rises is that now people cannot use the problem for citing other content which questions its credibility. However, by monitoring your page closely, you can avoid changes on it. This act will allow the people to use your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disabling F1 short-cut

The idea is pretty simple. Add a setting that will disable the F1(help) shortcut.

Not only will it save Excel powerusers future frustrations, but it will also eliminate the need for physically removing the F1 switch from the keyboad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Form Control Option Button Grouping Does not work in xl2007,xl2010,xl2013 and xl2016

As per the heading the grouping of Form Control Option Buttons does not work.
    I am NOT referring to Group Boxes. I am referring to Grouping as in right click on option button and hold the Ctrl key and select the remaining buttons for the group and then right click and select Group -> Group.
    The buttons remain as a single group and only one button out of all the groups can be selected. If a button is clicked on one group then any selected button in the other groups are un-selected so the grouping doesn't work.
    This method of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Form Control Option Button Grouping Does not work in xl2007,xl2010,xl2013 and xl2016

As per the heading the grouping of Form Control Option Buttons does not work.
    I am NOT referring to Group Boxes. I am referring to Grouping as in right click on option button and hold the Ctrl key and select the remaining buttons for the group and then right click and select Group -> Group.
    The buttons remain as a single group and only one button out of all the groups can be selected. If a button is clicked on one group then any selected button in the other groups are un-selected so the grouping doesn't work.
    This method of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. customized layouts on multiple pcs

I use excel on my laptop and desktop at home, and also on my desktop at work. I'd like to be able to have the same customized quick access toolbar and ribbon when signing in to any PC I use the Office apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Best Tool to Export All Mailboxes to PST Exchange 2010

eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter is the best tool to convert EDB files with all its inner database items into PST and various other file format.

It makes the conversion of EDB file to PST with all E-mails, drafts, tasks, attachments, inbox, notes, etc.

This application is supportable with all the versions of MS Outlook including:- 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.

By taking the help of this tool you can see the preview of corrupt EDB file inner items before making the conversion.

It does not make any changes in the original data of EDB file…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SysInspire 7z Password unlocker to unlock 7z file

This SysInspire 7z Password Unlocker Tool is the most demanding tool to instantly unlock 7z file password combination like- jgasdjv, 6743812, JHFGSUTH, &^$&, and so on. This tool can recover an unlimited 7z password and is compatible with all editions of the Windows included; Win 98, Win 2000, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 8.1 and Win 10. After recovery process, you can see the recovery of the 7z file and is compatible with all editions of the 7z files up to v19. A free demo pack is offered to all 7z clients and to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we please get an 'about' add in for excel? There is no way to know what version of excel I have installed.

Can we please get an 'about' add in for excel? There is no way to know what version of excel I have installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base