Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 Black Theme changes worksheet backgrounds to Black PLEASE

Dark Grey background on Excel 365 worksheet when Theme is Black

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mouse scroll wheel should work in symbols menu

Mouse scroll wheel should work in symbols menu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FREEZmove A COLUMN

Freezing a column. not a regular frizzing option.

Explained : e.g. I want to freeze column "H". After freezing when i scroll to right, H also should scroll upto column "A" position, then,it should stop and then H should be freeze and onward I,J,K,L..... columns should scroll to have big viewing area for data.

this wd be help full if i want to see the before columns (a,b,c,d,e,f) without unfreezing "H"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A "Back" button that would take the user to the previous worksheet

I've always dreamed of a button where I could just hit back and I would be taken to the previous worksheet I was just working on.

The problem is, you can't easily create this with VBA. If you run a macro to record a user's action, you break the undo chain.

The back button would make a perfect and homey addition to a quick access toolbar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom Previous

Add a Zoom Previous button for working in/on workbooks with multiple sheets and/or for working on sheets that have a very large viewing area.

For reviewing data in an Index then ctrl+F to find a specific referenced cell to make a change to source data, then ZOOM PREVIOUS to go back to start reviewing where you left off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On the large and colourful Excel spreadsheets the CELL CURSOR is difficult to find- a format option would help your customers

On the large and colourful Excel spreadsheets the CELL CURSOR is very difficult to find and causes me delay and inefficiency- may I humbly suggest that a 'format option' for the 'cell cursor' may greatly help your customers- either a transparent colour or bolder cursor option such as existed on Supercalc many years ago would help no end. (an option for this under 'Settings' doesn't appear to currently exist)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mouse Scroller Scrolls Wrong Window

When a mouse scroll event is generated, Excel applies the action to the active window regardless of the Excel window over which the mouse icon is currently located. It should apply it to the window over which the mouse icon is currently located - even if that window is inactive.

Open two Excel workbooks where both are at least partially visible in the desktop area. Move the mouse over the non-active window and scroll - the active window scrolls, not the inactive window. Move the mouse over any area NOT in either window and no scrolling takes place. Excel is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would to be able to create a 'bookmark' row or column for quick Navigate

When you hit ctl+arrow (up/down/left/right) the cursor jumps to the next bit of data, then subsequently, the end of the data set. It would be good if you could 'bookmark' a column or row (maybe multiple) so that the ctl+arrow doesn't go to the end of the data set or workbook- e.g. if you have a lot of monthly data then multiple Year Totals it would be handy when you wish to copy formulas but not into the year totals (or not to the very last column in the spreadsheet if there is no data!). This can be worked around…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Restore the ability to freeze more then one row across the top of the file.

In a former version of Excel, I could freeze in place the top two rows across the top of my worksheet, this function no longer works but it is great if a user [laces headers and useful information across the top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A shortcut that can hide or blank out sensitive information showing in Excel Sheet while in a meeting presentation

When in a meeting room environment it would be nice to be able to hide or blank out excel sheets in order to hide sensitive information. I would imagine this would function similarly to the B key in a PowerPoint Presentation where the screen is blacked out and all information is hidden till the B key is pressed again. Maybe this might look like a presentation view that behaves similar to PowerPoint or just a keyboard shortcut that temporarily hides all data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop placing your ad for the Office Mobile App whenever we open spreadsheets

We have Office365 Business premium, you we get a toolbar in the ribbon prompting us to ACCESS OFFICE WHEREVER YOU ARE every day on the desktop workstations and it's annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let a long cell be scrollable in the page

The top of the page shows the top of a cell. If the cell is long because it has many rows of text, it is really hard to view the other cells around it. It would be better if you could just vertically scroll to anywhere in the cell, like you can in a table in Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. シートの切り替えをスワイプで行いたい

シート数が画面に収まりきらないくらい多い場合、シート名のクリックやCtrl+PgDn、三角ボタンのクリックなどでシートを切り替えるのは面倒なので、例えばタッチパッドの三本指や四本指スワイプなどで素早く切り替えられるようにしてほしい。
    Shift+二本指スワイプなどキーとの組み合せ等でも可。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Real time results for formula bar in the cell

If landed on a cell, the formula bar gets started in select all mode(screenshot) and the result gets displayed in the cell with a different colour (to mention its result of a formula and not a absolute value) rather than displaying the formula itself again(current feature)

But, any arrow key input navigates the cell and not the formula bar unless its clicked on

This way, no compromises to the current feature is made and any corrections can be rectified easily.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. overlapped spreadsheet spacing

I would like to be able to adjust the spacing of overlapped spreadsheet windows. I usually open 5 or 6 spreadsheets and would like to keep them on 1/2 of the screen. Having to move them manually slows down my work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export Spreadsheet As A Full Screen Stand-Alone Application

I have a spreadsheet full of stock tickers which I occasionally refresh, but the menu bar at the top and the bars at the bottom limit my view of the actual data.

Also, I no longer need to edit this spreadsheet, so most of the tools built into excel simply slow the program down (with the exception of VBA). The only input I would need to change is the tickers, if ever.

Additionally, it would be nice to have this as an exported file type so I can share these files with my coworkers and not have them get confused…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export Spreadsheet As A Full Screen Stand-Alone Application

I have a spreadsheet full of stock tickers which I occasionally refresh, but the menu bar at the top and the bars at the bottom limit my view of the actual data.

Also, I no longer need to edit this spreadsheet, so most of the tools built into excel simply slow the program down (with the exception of VBA). The only input I would need to change is the tickers, if ever.

Additionally, it would be nice to have this as an exported file type so I can share these files with my coworkers and not have them get confused…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make mouse wheel scrolling not jump mutiple rows when scrolling past tall rows.

When using a mouse wheel to scroll, Excel normally scrolls down 3 rows. This is fine except when you have cells that are very tall because of word-wrapped text.

Excel needs to detect when user is using mouse wheel to scroll, and if any of the rows it's going to scroll past are over a certain height, it needs to stop after scrolling the first row out of view.

Maybe go even further and make mouse scrolling more fluid by not scrolling n-rows off the visible area. Simply scroll n-pixels instead and allow rows to be partially visible instead of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Setting up bookmark buttons/options that implement different views of a workbook.

I was preparing a simplified view of my workbook that was hiding columns. I thought i twould be nice if users could set up bookmarks for a worksheet that implement different views can can be quickly toggled on or off. Similar to how Sharepoint list views work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow selection of columns to freeze those ones specifically.

Using the freeze panes button, it says it is based off of current selection but it seems like it is based off of current view. should be based off of selection of rows and or columns

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base