Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split screen where scrolling through or filtering in one side does not affect the other side.

Example:

A table of 5 columns is in "A to E".

A pivot table of these 5 columns is in columns "F and G".

I scroll up and down in the table and change certain entries. I like to refresh the pivot table, but I have scroll back up to see the pivot table before I can refresh it.

Alternatively, I may be filtering the table and making some changes to some entries. I have to un-filter the table, as the pivot table disappears when filters are applied to the table, before I can refresh the pivot table and see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a feature that makes background in excel sheets / group of sheets transparent

Is it possible to get a transparent background so I can look through one or more Excel sheets while typing in the top / selected sheets in a group of sheets?

Ex.
    When I use Excel for planning for multiple teams, these are on their own tab.

I mark several tabs as a group, and here I would like to be able to browse through one or more of the sheets I have selected.

That way I can see / prevent collision and double booking between tasks in planning div. teams.

Thanks in advance

Greetings Roy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. viewing

View multiple spreadsheet at the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. how can transfer my microsoft acount to another computer?

how do I transfer my Microsoft account to another computer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a protected sheet to be copied to an unprotected sheet, or Template sheet within non-template workbook

Our business uses a LOT of excel reports, the vast majority of which we have one workbook per year and one worksheet per day, week, or month, where the standard procedure is to copy the sheet named 'Template' and rename it to the new date. However, almost every week at least one of the 'Template' sheets gets overwritten with data and the formulas or settings are lost, requiring me to replace the 'Template' sheet from a backup. If I protect the 'Template' sheet, when it's copied it is still protected so I'd have to give the password, negating the point…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to make the background of a sheet / group of sheets transparent (except the tab)

allow to make the background of a sheet / group of sheets transparent (except the tab)

This could be useful when using Excel for planning different scoolclasses ,timeschedules and activities over the semester due to conflict handling.
    Especialt if it is possible to use within groups of sheets, and the active tab is the sheet where you write, and still can see the sheets below simultainously

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restore the WORKSPACE feature to Excel 365. It has always been a great aid.

I have several workbooks that have closely related topics.
    The WORKSPACE feature allowed me to quickly observe the effects of linked worksheets, etc.

It is surprising to learn that Excel 365 does not support this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feed back for group cell

Dear Reader,

window stacked screen

than excel do not show in right because group cell like as waste of screen view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize too-wide column after double-clicking column border to resize

Scenario: You have wide bit of info in a cell and that cell's column is resized automatically by double-clicking the right separator line of the column heading.

Problem, if it is so wide that it goes beyond the screen, you have to shrink everything (i.e. zoom way out) before you can ever find things like the filter button for that column.

There could be multiple solutions for this, one that I can think of is to only resize columns wide enough to not quite fill the screen, or keep the filter button for a visible column - on-screen - even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Narrow display of group numbers

When you group columns and rows. The numbering of the groups takes away valuable screen space especially when working on laptops. Please create a thin row/column to display group numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custimizaton option in Excel Window Features locations

Some excel data sheets it become better option to get sheets in left or right side of window.
    In normal Window, we can move taskbar pallet to left, upper and right sides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to see row and column in excel

I would like to see some kind of highlight to more easily see which row and column are affected when working inside a large Excel document. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a Select All when un-hiding tabs (sheets) in a workbook

You are able to highlight multiple tabs and hide them all at once but when you need to un-hide tabs you have to select one at a time. It would be night to be able to multi select or select all in the un-hide pop up box. Right now I have a file that I have to hit un-hide 52 times to get everything to show back up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add worksheet or tab names in the find function

I teach a Microsoft Class and one of my students asked how to use the find function to search for tabs by name. You can't as far as I can tell. I searched on line and the suggestions are either complicated or don't work like people said they would. Anyways this would be helpful if you have a lot of them and don't always remember the full name. You could just type the full or partial name in your search function. If it existed it would either take you directly to the correct tab [worksheet] or provide a list of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GET YOUR DOPEY_FUCKING_TEMPATE, GOOD MONRING/AFTERNOON BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. YOU_FUCKED_UP THE FILE OPTIONS SO FUCKING_BAD_ALREADY.

GET YOUR DOPEYFUCKINGTEMPATE, GOOD MONRING/AFTERNOON BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. YOUFUCKEDUP THE FILE OPTIONS SO FUCKINGBADALREADY. DOES YOUR SHITWARE ADD-IN REALLY DO ANYTHING USEFUL OTHER THAN OBSCURE OR HIDE THE ACTUAL ACTIONS I AM LOOKING FOR? ******** MICROSOFT,SUCK MY FUCKINGDICK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Viewing Sums

If I highlight a range of numbers I can see sum, min, max, avg, etc... at the bottom of my window. However, I can only see those things on the active window. It would be nice if those items were viewable on all open windows, not just the active one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search for name of the sheet

It would be nice if I can quick seach (input type seach) for sheet in document, when number of sheets is to big for clicking on next and previous sheets and for manually searching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen Search

The current Ctrl-F function offers 2 choices in terms of "Within": Sheet & Workbook. Why not to add a 3rd one named "Screen" ?

It will be very useful when I try to locate something which I know is (or should be) in front of my eyes but I cannot find it due to the densely populated screen, and... the current Ctrl+F will show the first finding at top of the sheet while I am working on records (e.i.) 32004-32030

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement Quasi MDI Windows using Windows 10 Sets Feature

In Windows 10 there seems to be a feature, still under development called Windows Sets. https://www.howtogeek.com/352109/how-to-use-sets-in-windows-10-to-organize-apps-into-tabs/
    While MS pulled this feature from the latest public builds of Windows 10, it looks like it’s not dead, but sleeping, due to make a comeback once issues have been ironed out. https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3081852/windows-10-sets-coming-back-rumour

If this is the case then it would be the perfect way to bring make MDI like functionality to Excel for those users who miss it. Certainly from a Excel custom Application perspective MDI windows worked very well.

It would be great to have a setting in a future version of…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base