Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. COPY() function to use a real-time copy of a cell's formula

Imagine columns A to G contain 7 parameters which are used in a complex formula on column H.

Currently, we write the formula in the cell, say, H5 and then copy it down. The formulae on the subsequent rows will be adjusted to refer to the A-G cells of their own rows.

If we decide to tweak the formula, we would do that on H5. Then we would need to copy it down again to update all the column's formulae.

With the COPY() function, we can enter the formula in a cell outside our table, such as H1. Then, in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Procx is not available on Excel 2019 (Microsoft 365 Family)

Since I signed the New Microsoft 365 Family, the function ProcX isn´t available anymore. How can I fix it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GetHyperlink function

There needs to be an GETHYPERLINK function that lets you reference the hyperlink that is alreday associated with a cell.

For example if the contents of cell A1 =HYPERLINK("https://www.microsoft.com","Microsoft Home Page")

Then there needs to be a way to put in cell B1 =GETHYPERLINK(A1) which would return "https://www.microsoft.com" without needing to do it in VBA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DECODEURL function

Currently, The ENCODEURL function returns a URL-encoded string, replacing certain non-alphanumeric characters with the percentage symbol (%) and a hexadecimal number.

There needs to be a DECODEURL function that does the reverse, replacing the percentage symbol (%) and a hexadecimal number with the appropriate non-alphanumeric characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. lookup formula

Hi, Lookup formula is not working well when we just want to search in an small 2 column table like the image attached it is working wrongly and if we don't attention to it can make big mistakes.
    I know we can use vlookup formula in 2column tables but if the table wasn't in 2 column we can't do any thing with lookup and neither Hlookup.
    because some of my tables are on 2 rows and I can't use this functions because it will give wrong answers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to avoid auto adding the stupid @ operator without looking up the context?

When I need the columns that can be mod-3, I've got my formula automatically added with a stupid '@' without look for the context,
    Can you explain this? I don't know where to get help or ask question, it seems the community is a rubbish.
    My formula is:

=MIN(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G6:R6)-COLUMN(I6),3)=0,G6:R6))

The values in Row-6: A FAIL -9.46% 6.07% -9.46% 6.07% 0.43% 0.89% 0.62% 0.02% 0.10% 0.05% -0.19% 0.14% -0.02% -9.46% 6.07% -0.12%
    it is infinitely long, maybe 10000B cells and even longer, so do not suggest a stupid solution of selecting each of the cells satisfied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text To Colomb Formula

the point
    can help me wht this formula or fungtion automatic

A1 = A, B, C, D, E

A2 = TextToColomb(A1,1) = A
    A3 = TextToColomb(A1,2) = B

TextToColomb Not have the Microsoft 2019 so can u add-in fungtion =TexttoColomb or =TTC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to consider problematic cells in their formulas

For instance, if I am trying to do an average of a sequence of numbers (a list of them or a range) and there is a cell that has an error, excel doesn't let me use those cells in their formulas.

Supose I have this sequence of Numbers

A       B       C           D                     

1 3 4 7 average(A1:C1) > returns 4.6

2 3 4/0 7 average(A2:C2) > it will return an error

3 3 div/0 7 average(A3:C3) > will also give an error.

Sometimes in a database an user lets the whole table referenced and he knows certain rows or collumns…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SEARCH functions to return 0 (instead of #VALUE!) if the text is not found

All Find & Search functions should return the 0 (null) code if the "Findtext" does not get found in "Withintext" instead of the current #VALUE! error. That would much simplify usage of SEARCH function together with IF function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. sub catogories in excel (Money)

Unable to create the sub-categories under Category in Money in excel application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. fd

I wanted to change my characters of "Row N" into numbers in "Row O" by using VLOOKUP formula. I wrote a table array and keyed in my formula in "Block O2", and then I wanted to pull down to fulfill all my "Row O" with the same formula. However, the "tablearray" in those formula should not have been changed!!!! The "lookupvalue" should be the only value changed among all my formula in "Row O"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A formula for fiscal year started from month

A formula to calculate Fiscal year based upon starting month. The result can be Fiscal month serial number and year in the format YYYY-YY(+/-)1. For Example. Fiscal year starting from April the formula FiscalYear(13-6-2020,4) should return "3/2020-21" or something like this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. COUNT helper line should be Number1, Number2... not Value1, Value2...

Count only counts numbers... it is essentially the exact same function as SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, and MIN.. it even shows up on the Autosum dropdown... yet it is the only one with a different helper line.
    I suspect the person who made COUNTA took a shortcut, but it sets people up to fail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. #CIRC! instead of 0 for Circular reference errors

Every error shows up clearly on screen except for Circular References...
    0 as the display choice is not at all useful as sheets commonly have 0's.
    Errors should be easier to spot
    CIRC or something similar would resolve that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Date picker button for excel in offfice 365 for Windows 10 64 bit

I am so surprised that there is no Date picker function available in Excel 365. I see that this function existed and has been removed. this makes no sense to me what so ever. This is what has been pushing me away from Microsoft. This is why I have stopped using One note ( due to feature removals) and seek other options as you just cant rely on such thing.

I feel less protective of Windows/ MS at home and hence Apple and Google devices have started replacing MS specially by Kids. Surface pro 4 was highly disappointing. So now…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. =SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$F:$F)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$G:$G)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$H:$H)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$I:$I)

=SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$F:$F)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$G:$G)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$H:$H)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$I:$I)
    any simple formular for this adding?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. =SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$F:$F)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$G:$G)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$H:$H)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$I:$I)

=SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$F:$F)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$G:$G)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$H:$H)+SUMIF(Trend!$A:$A,$A4,Trend!$I:$I)
    any simple formular for this adding?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include Levenshtein Distance as a baked-in formula

The Levenshtein Distance Formula is great for duplicate detection. I've tried using the PowerQuery "Fuzzy Match" algorithm, but this assumes there's a known clean list of values, and I often don't have that.

I'm working to standardize data and need the ability to normalize/relate data to itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel Sum Function is truncating trailing zero's while pasting Sum from one cell to another

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Create Sum of 2 or more cells with numeric values - Ex. A4 = Sum(Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A3)

2. Copy the formula and paste it to other cells, so that it can take values from respective cells and create summation. Ex. Pasting Sum in B4, C4, D4...B12, C12, B15 etc.

3. While pasting, its working correctly for B4(i.e. Sheet1!B2+Sheet2!B3), also for B15(i.e. Sheet1!B13+Sheet2!B14) where there the cell numbers are not ending with 0s.

4. Its not working correctly for B12(it should be Sheet1!B10+Sheet2!B11) instead it is pasted as Sheet1!B1+Sheet2!B11. This is wrong. This is happening especially when we sum across sheets
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base