Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Formatting Functions

Add formatting functions to enable formula-driven text output. Such functions could include BOLD(), ITALICS(), UNDERLINE(), and STRIKETHRU(). This is similar to some other user suggestions like functions for superscript and subscript, and it would be especially helpful for concatenated text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to lock a cell or number of cells without having to protect the sheet or workbook.

To be able to lock cells or groups of cells without having to protect the whole sheet or workbook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. User Defined Number Formats with VBA

Allow users to create functions like UDFs, whose result is a formatting code string that is applied to cells. Such a function's name would appear in the Number tab of cell formatting (analogously to a UDF being available for use in formulas). The function should use a cell's value, and also have access to a "number of digits" value from the cell formatting dialog, just as several built-in formats have.

Many complicated formats can be created using conditional formatting and custom formatting syntax, sometimes combined. Yet there are times when that either doesn't suffice or requires very cumbersome work.

This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. excel split

to convert dig sized excel(say 4 lakh line) to 5000 line in each excal file keeping first line in commmon for all record

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add option to "do not refresh row height on pivot table headings"

I have set the header text to wrap and adjusted the height on the pivot table header rows, but every time I refresh or select to filter data, it resizes the header row despite having selected "Preserve Cell Formatting on Refresh". Perhaps have an option "Preserve Heading Row Formatting on Refresh".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Conditional Formatting Icons with Relative References

Open message.png to view example.
    Open instead.png to view what I need.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CONDITIONAL FORMATTING OF FONT TYPE + FONT SIZE

IT IS ABOUT TIME TO ENABLE THE CONDITIONAL FORMATTING FEATURES SUCH AS FONT TYPE + FONT SIZE.

Thanks,
    Michael (Micky) Avidan
    MS Excel MVP (2009-2022)
    ISRAEL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Single Accounting Underline to QAT

There are a lot of formatting items missing from the QAT, "Single Accounting Underline" is top of mind for me. The normal underline is awful and no one that works in the realm of finance uses it with any regularity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Distribute Columns Evenly

Excel should make a feature to allow the user to distribute columns evenly

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make it easier to sort, edit & delete conditional formatting rules

several times CF rules are automatically duplicated when inserting rows and/or copy/pasting data. This causes errors with the rules on the overall table/worksheet. I regularly have to manually edit / delete individual rules which can be very time consuming and confusing. Please can something be done to allow rules to be viewed in a bigger window with the ability to sort / edit / delete more effectivly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make formatting of individual words visible in formula bar.

Please make it possible to see formatting of individual words in formula bar (bold, italic, font color, superscript, subscript etc). Currently formatting is visible in the cell but not the formula bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel 1900 leap year bug

(Originally posted to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/416681/excel-1900-leap-year-bug.html )

I think that Excel's 1900-02-29 bug should be fixed. Over the years, many other users have complained about this.

To prevent any disruption, "Thu, 1900-03-01" should retain its "day 61" serial number, so that all later dates remain similarly unchanged. In particular, "Mon, 2021-05-31" should retain its "day 44347" serial.

"Wed, 1900-02-29" is INVALID and should be eliminated.

"Wed, 1900-02-28" (not Tue!) should get a new "day 60" serial, ...

... and so on down to "serial 1" for "Sun, 1899-12-31".

Admittedly, this change could affect some existing Workbooks, but only for January 1900 and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste csv string to Columns automatically

How about adding a Paste feature, so when you want to paste in a string of numbers separated by a comma, Excel will trim and paste each value into its own column cell. That would be gold. :) (i.e. 3, 1, 7, 12, 24, 4, 10, 16, 29, 6, 15, 2, 27)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Color palette choices - doesnt save color I like

So this has been an issue for a long time and no improvement here.
    I want to highlight a cell in a certain light green color that i like. None of the colors you provide for standard or recently used or your theme colors are what i like. The recently used colors dont last long. We need a strip there that has the colors we want to save forever, not just for a day. Please add that. i always have to go to the More Colors and find it. That is ridiculous and time consuming. why not let us save…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comma format

Millions and millions use excel for India operations and comma format in crores, lakhs and thousands is very useful on an on-going basis. It would give more mileage if this option is factored

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. formatação de célula especial - special cell formatting

Adicionar mais opções, ou deixar o usuário inserir suas próprias opções na formatação especial de célula (Imagem), como placa de carros, documentos com textos, ou até mesmo colocar seu próprio formato ali

Add more options, or let the user enter their own options in the special cell formatting (Image), such as car board, documents with text, or even put their own format there

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. So importieren Sie TGZ in Outlook

Ich möchte Outlook Converter Software eine kommerzielle Lösung wie TGZ vorschlagen. Dieses Tool importiert TGZ-Elemente wie E-Mails, Kontakte, Journale, Notizen usw. Diese App importiert TGZ in Outlook und verschiedene Dateiformate wie PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCard, vCal usw.

Weiterlesen: http://www.zimbra-converter.com/info/export-zimbra-tgz-to-pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please separate presentation (rendering) from data.

An example - Why does my spreadsheet need to recalculate when I change a cell format, e.g. a cell fill color, column width, etc? (If the cell has no Conditional Formatting, don't mark it as Dirty.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. eyedropper for cell shading like powerpoint

Hello. It would be awesome if you could add the eyedropper function to copy shading from other cells. My document uses so many colours that they don't always stay on the recently used list and then I have to go looking for them again. The eyedropper would solve this for me.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pivot table, Summarize Values and Custom Sort

when using summarize values feature in a pivot table it wont allow you to sort the data in descending/ascending order, this drives me crazy and i not aware of a work around

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base