Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Like in MS Word we can change the sentence to upper case or lower case. Similarly this feature should be included in excel instead of functi

Like in MS Word we can change the sentence to upper case or lower case. Similarly this feature should be included in excel instead of function in a different cell. becuase if we do not want to keep the same text in another cell. instead of using a temporary solution like hiding that row or column or copy pasting, we should be able to change the case of text using toolbar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Captions for photos

The ability to add a caption to a photo and display it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow paragraph formatting in text boxes

I would like to be able to add basic numbering or bullet point formatting in text boxes and have the follow-on text on second and subsequent lines indented as they are in Word and PowerPoint. In PPT, text boxes have a Word-style ruler bar: it would be good if this could be carried over to text boxes in all the apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. You need to be able to adjust the zero location on the ruler. It can't be that hard...

You need to be able to adjust the zero location on the ruler. It can't be that hard... If you want to scale something off a drawing, you can't change the reference zero on the ruler. It just needs a slide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Slicer Font

Enable the ability to change the font size of text in a Slicer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. See Case #1010777698. Auto update for MS Excel caused my older version Excel spreadsheets to lose their formatting (column spacing/color)

I've been told by MS technical support that auto update to Excel is what caused my Excel files to lose their formatting, e.g., the column spacing reverted to standard spacing and all coloring was lost. The spreadsheets didn't look anything like they did before the auto update. I need to know if there is some other way that I can update my Excel program in the future without having a negative impact to my formatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. pouvoir faire les marges directement comme sur la version précédente avant impression.

pouvoir faire les marges directement comme sur la version précédente avant impression.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide formulas with workbook password protection.

On the excel view tab users can toggle on and off the formula bar. Fair enough, but it defeats the purpose of hiding the bar if it can be easily toggled back on. Can we take functionality a step further? If the workbook is password protected users are unable to view embedded formulas. Formulas still function but only displays results. Attempting to create a VBA process to carry out this preference is beyond my programming capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excell 2019

On excel 2019, to change the font and the size its taking time to change and sometimes the computer hangs on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Merged Cells with wrapped text, can't be autosized

When i merge cells and enter a lot of text then set the merged cell to Wrap Text, I can't autosize the row by double clicking on separator between the rows. I have to manually size the rows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When using Copy/Transpose, the cell formats are not transposed correctly

Less of an idea, more of a fix. Let's say I have 5 cells with data in them vertically. Formatted will all borders then a thick outside border. When I copy this and paste as transpose, the borders transposed are like you copied one cell and pasted it to the new location and the same will all the other cells. So you end up with the formatting of each cell identical to the formatting of the original cells, which is wrong.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reduce / Eliminate Fragmentation of Conditional Formatting.

If I copy a cell that has Conditional Formatting and what to copy the CF to the destination then Excel records this as a new Instance of the Rule. If the cell has multiple Conditional Formats and is copied to many non-contiguous cells then very soon there is a mess in the Conditional Format windows.
    If I then want to edit a rule I have multiple instances that I need to edit.

Suggestion - List the ranges of all cells associated with the rule in eth one place. this would Solve Both Problems

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reduce / Eliminate Fragmentation of Conditional Formatting.

If I copy a cell that has Conditional Formatting and what to copy the CF to the destination then Excel records this as a new Instance of the Rule. If the cell has multiple Conditional Formats and is copied to many non-contiguous cells then very soon there is a mess in the Conditional Format windows.
    If I then want to edit a rule I have multiple instances that I need to edit.

Suggestion - List the ranges of all cells associated with the rule in eth one place. this would Solve Both Problems

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. setting ruler measurement units to pixels

By dragging a column or row,. we see it being measured in pixels. If I use the Format command in the Cells tab of the Ribbon, I am relegated to inches, centimetres and millimetres. I now must do a calculation to get the right measurements. Why make it so hard? SPS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AutoFit Row Hight is not working properly for standard cells. Office 365, home ed.

In a cell the last row is not visible, sometimes even after selecting the row and applying "AutoFit Row Height"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I found a bug in Excel 2016 with the conditional formatting

HI
    I noticed a bug in Excel in Conditional Formatting. Find Attached File
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Settings option to customize smart formatting

Please provide us with an option to customize Excel's "smart formatting", similar to how we can customize AutoCorrect to add items or exceptions.

For example: I work with .csv files which are imported into our accounting software, and one field requires a date in MMM YYYY (MAR 2020) format and will reject the entire upload if the format does not match exactly. I have a custom format for this field in my .xls template file, and it remains as-is when initially saving as a .csv. However, if I have to open the .csv to edit it later, excel reformats that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow position based formatting

I have a spreadsheet I'm constantly adding values to, so A60 is the last spot with a value in a column right now, but it will change down the sheet. I want to have A60 displayed as a currency currently since it is the end of that column, but then when I add a value into A61 such that it ends that column I want A60 to display as number and A61 to now display as currency. I would also like to be able to use an =(A,End) type command to copy the value at the end of the A…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow date format to overflow into adjacent cell(s)

When using the date format, allow the cell contents to overflow into adjacent cells in the same way that text does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base