Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ribbon fonts

A suggestion from a senior citizen would it be possible to have a ribbon whereby the fonts and characters can be adjusted darker so that they are much easier to see?
    As one gets older the eyes start to fail but the love for Excel does not fade! I find it an incredible way to keep ones brain active and alive.
    My very Best Regards to the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Put the workshees at the top

Selecting tabs along the top of the program is now standard UI design. Excel presents "tabs"(worksheets) by putting them along the bottom. This causes confusion and many people don't even realized that it is possible to have multiple sheets on one file. Moving the tabs to the top would standardize the interface and exposed the feature to average users. It would also remove the need to "train" people on how to use the feature, as their experience with every other piece of common software would let them know how to use it already. At least providing the option would go…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More dynamic hotkey for color formatting.

Hot Key for coloring text, cells.
    Alt + fc currently brings up the box of colors from which to choose. Instead, it would be great to hit alt + fc + blue. There could even be a place to choose what shade of blue you mean when you type blue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Conditional formatting at graph

Creating Condition formatting for GRAPH is so necessary in this days. Excel team should solve this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Cell Format Referencing Another Cell For Threshold

Rather than manually adding a threshold value to a cell in custom cell format it would be useful to be able to reference another cell containing the value you wish to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom Cell Format Referencing Another Cell For Threshold

Rather than manually adding a threshold value to a cell in custom cell format it would be useful to be able to reference another cell containing the value you wish to use.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add more options for custom number formatting for chart axis or allow for conditional formatting there

This issue I have is that I have numbers ranging from -20 million to 20 million displayed on a chart. I am using custom number formatting for the chart Y axis to display thousands with "K" and millions with "M". This can only be done to apply to the positive numbers. I've tried to format my chart data with conditional formatting to the required format and then select "linked to source" in the number formatting selection under format axis, but it doesn't seem to work. The research I've done only has lead to many sources saying what I need cannot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ALlow for the "Change Case" feature in Publisher to also be available in Excel instead of having the "PROPER" formula.

It is really time consuming to have to use the PROPER function when the Case Change function is available in other MS applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. be able to double click on an individual cell width to get the best fit for that cell. Realize it will coSimilar to double clicking on the

Be able to double click on an individual cell width to get the best fit for that cell. Realize it will change width of entire column, but that is OK

Similar to double clicking on the column heading. But that provides the best fit for the widest cell in the column. Want to get best fit for individual cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT TO INSERT A ROW OR COLUMN

A KEYBOARD SHORTCUT TO INSERT A ROW BENEATH THE SELECTED ROW OR TO THE RIGHT OF THE SELECTED COLUMN

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Insert voice memos

I would like to be able to click on a photo and for it to then speak the text. this would enable disabled children to hover the mouse or use the touch screen to say a word or sentence

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please correct the error in the accounting format

• Open a new Excel worksheet

• Format the entire worksheet with Accounting Format, 0 Decimal places, Symbol: None

• Enter 100 into cell A1

• In cell A2 enter the formula =A1*5/12

• Note that the format has now changed to show 2 decimal places

This only seems to occur with the Accounting Format. Using the Number Format this change won't occur. However the Accounting Format is a convenient format for someone like me in the financial professional that likes their worksheets to show "-" instead of "0"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. EXCEL

I went need excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cell Color

Add a keyboard shortcut to color selected cell. The typically used command Alt+H+H+N takes too much time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having the option to format folders (colours and size)

It would be great it we could have the option of formatting folders (colours and size). So when we right click on a folder we can format it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Formulas to prep CF material for the CF'ing

Often one cannot use Conditional Formatting (CF) without compromising the underlying data/worksheet.

For example, one might have dates that need formatted some special way (an example on a tip site recently, someone wanted "SU 10/20") that cannot be done without the changing of the underlying numerical material to text requiring its changing back before other use of it. Additionally, if it is already in use by other parts of that, or another, spreadsheet, it would be a nightmare to change. You'd need an "offshoot" mirror of things that had the changes, however well, or badly, that might fit into things.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fill Color

Sometimes when reconciling spreadsheets i use multiple colors to keep changes, numbers, edits, separated. Every time i need to change the color of my "fill color" it is really frustrating to go to the fill icon, chose the drop down menu, find the exact color i was using just to have to do it all over again the next time i need the "other" color. It would be nice to be able to add multiple "fill color" icons to my tool ribbon that way i can just click the color i need quickly and go back and forth between colors…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base