Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paste Special External Values

Allow to paste all formulas linked to external workbooks as values. But not affect the local formulas. Essentially to archive and not worry about external linked data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Highlight the left row numbers \ top column letters when dragging a populated cell using the "plus" function

If you just click an empty cell and drag it down it highlights the row numbers to the left so you can see what rows you are highlighting.

This does not happen when you select a cell and use the little black "plus" to drag a cell that is populated.

This would really help when you are dragging down / over a large amount of cells so you know where to stop as intended.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to start Excel

I want to type the Invoice in Excel sheet. It's not allowing to type. what to do???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Note Size and Shortcut Keys for Resizing Note and Note Panel

The note shows up too small. I would like a much larger default note size. I see no way to set a default size.

Along the same lines, I would like to be able to resize the note with the keyboard. Resizing with the mouse is tricky and time consuming.

Somewhat related, I would like the option of not having the user's name at the start of the note. I do no share the workbook and putting my name at the start of each note takes up space or requires delection.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A PERSONAL COPY AND PASTE BOX

A PERSONAL COPY AND PASTE BOX WHERE YOU COULD CUSTOMIZE WORDS OR CODES YOU USE ON A DAILY BASIS
    IAM IN THE MEDICAL FIELD IT WOULD BE SUCH A TIME SAVER
    THE CUSTOMIZE SOME OF MY DAILY USE CODES AND DIAGNOSIS AND BE ABLE TO JUST COPY AND PASTE FROM A
    CUSTOMIZED BOX.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Row light up

When we are entering maybe 50 independent marks of a student in a row, could we have that row light up while we are working on it..so that we do not accidently stray away from that row?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When copying and pasting a region, the "keep column widths" option does not paste the data if rows are filtered out.

When copying and pasting a region, the "keep column widths" option does not paste the data if rows are filtered out. To recreate this, add data to a region and adjust the column widths. Copy/paste this region "as is" elsewhere and keep column widths. Everything works. Apply a filter. Select any block of data that does not include a hidden row. Copy/paste this region elsewhere and keep column widths. Everything works. Select any block of data that does include a hidden row. Copy/paste this region elsewhere and keep column widths. The column widths are applied, but the data is not.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. biçimlendirme

grup sıralaması yaparken 3101,01 ile 3101,1 hücre içerisinde 3101,1 olarak gözükmekte. bu soruna çözüm bulabilir misiniz?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We can have a shortcut to paste by value as ctrl+Shift+V

We have paste by values shortcut in online spread sheets. We can have that in Desktop Environment also.

So that we can paste the cells by only its values. Using CTRL+SHIFT+V

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Autofill + fill colour

When excel suggests an autofill, it could also apply fill colour from previous cells. For example i constantly write in cell "Good client" and us fill colour option for green color. Next time i start to write, excel already suggests "Good client", but it also could offer "Good client" with green fill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. drag line chart so it populates table/data was in 2010

drag line chart so it populates table/data was in 2010

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic Saving Excel Sheet Data

Instead of One Minute auto save timer to save data automatically, can we have an feature like an instant saving just like Google Sheet Online. Whatever we do any changes it saves instantly so even if the Excel gets crashed we wont be losing any data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a way to color the cursor/ cursor box

Provide a way to color the cursor/ cursor box - so that when editing a row (or even the column) .... could be clearly identified.

MS customers have been asking this for years ... why this was not considered? It appears to be a simple option to offered to customers ... it helps with Excel use !!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For the jump list, that when a file is renamed, that the new name should also be reflected in the jump list.

For the jump list, that when a file is renamed, that the new name should also be reflected in the jump list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Leave the f'ing leading zeros!!

If my data has leading zeros, then I want leading zeros!.... How is that so hard to understand!?!... Make truncating leading zeros an optional setting, not the default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Editing directly in cells should not hide cells to the left of the cell I am working on.

Excel had this right for three decades, but the recent Excel 365 upgrade (version 1902) broke it. Most people develop spreadsheets working top to bottom and left to right. This means that when we write a new formula, we usually want to reference cells to the left of the cell we are working on. Since the 8/2019 patch, the edit-directly-in-cell box is left aligned or right aligned depending on the format of the cell. So the edit mode box often hides the cells I am trying to reference when those cells are to the left. This means that I cannot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is there any shortcut key to copy & paste a row & column one line item above the previous line item?

Is there any short cut key to copy & Paste the data from one line above / previous to current row and also to column?

Ex: I am creating an excel file, where I need the data available in row no:4, in the row no:6.

To copy in to row no:5, I can use 'Ctrl+D', if it is column I can use 'Ctrl+R'. However, to copy to row no:6, do we have any short cut keys defined? if not, can that be possible to do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase Decimal auto fill formatting issues?

Excel's increase decimal button tends to outsmart itself. If I have a column of numbers:
    x

For x, if I want to type 100.0, I type "100" and then hit enter. Excel then inputs the integer "100" with no decimal. Then I hit the increase decimal button but instead of 100.0 it writes 100.00. Why doesn't Excel just increase the decimal by 1 instead of 2. I then have to hit decrease decimal after this to get it to go back down to 100.0. I would think Excel's autofill feature would follow the pattern of one decimal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base