Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transpose cut cells

When you cut a group of cells, there is no option to transpose that data. Instead the only way to transpose data is to copy, transpose and then go back and delete the old cells.

This would be great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. select between objects

in charts the objects are difficult to select once there are several in the same area, say a trend line and data points and data labels. If you are in an area with several objects, pop up a selection box with all the close-by objects so you can pick the one you want to select.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. shortcut key for selected cell to fill last used color

Pressing the fill color should fill the cell according to the last color used just like on Windows - Required shortcut key to improve my performance while working on Excel. Just pressing shortcut key - the fill color should fill the cell according to the last color used. In MS Excel it is necessary each time to choose the color required to use mouse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. F1

Please allow us to disable the F1 key in the settings. There are several published workarounds for this; an indication of how many users would like to disable this hotkey.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. HEY DICKSUCKERS AT MICROSOFT(IE MOST OF THE COMPANY)- STOP SHIFTING THE EXCEL VIEW WHEN WORKING IN EXCEL APPLICTIONS. FUCK_YOU.

HEY DICKSUCKERS AT MICROSOFT(IE MOST OF THE COMPANY)- STOP SHIFTING THE EXCEL VIEW WHEN WORKING IN EXCEL APPLICTIONS. FUCK_YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- FUCK_YOUR_GODDMAN FEATURE THE TAKES THE CURSOR TO THE TOP OR BOTTOM COLUM/ROW WHEN ACCIDENTLY CLICKING ON THE CE

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- YOUR GODDMAN FEATURE THE TAKES THE CURSOR TO THE TOP OR BOTTOM COLUM/ROW WHEN ACCIDENTLY CLICKING ON THE CELL BORDER. DO YOU KNOW HOW * ANNOYING IT IS TO HAVE THE ACTIVE CELL 10,000 CELLS AWAY FROM WHERER YOU INTENDED TO BEGIN TYPING THE NEXT INPUT? ** YOUYOUDICKLESSWEASELPIECESOFSHIT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. justify

make justify like in Word; justify, justify low, justify medium, justify high...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop Excel deciding when a workbook ca

When I have created a workbook on my iMac computer I would like to edit it on my iPad but I always get the message this file is being used by someone else or the message "Read only" and it says I have locked this file whereas I never locked it and do not want it to be locked

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. EXCEL 365, HOME; WINDOWS 10 PRO x 64 - VERTICAL DOCKABILITY OF VBA EDITOR WINDOWS WINDOWS>

<EXCEL 365, HOME; WINDOWS 10 PRO x 64 - VERTICAL DOCKABILITY OF VBA WINDOWS>
    Please re establish vertical edge dockability for VBA editor windows in EXCEL 365. This kind of the windows dockability users had in previous versions of EXCEL which provided the better VBA programming efficiency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- I DON'T NEED 18 ******* DECIMAL POINTS EITHER.

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- I DON'T NEED 18 ******* DECIMAL POINTS EITHER.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HEY FUCKACES AT MICROSOFT- I DONT NEED YOU TO ADD 17 DECIMAL places then expand a column whenever I do a calculation. FUCK_YOU.

HEY FUCKACES AT MICROSOFT- I DONT NEED YOU TO ADD 17 DECIMAL places then expand a column whenever I do a calculation. FUCK_YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have command line to disable Excel's clipboard

Please put a command line switch to force Excel to use the system clipboard OR, for that matter, the rest of Microsoft Office's clipboard. We use Excel to setup powershell commands for various items. Which, we can not trust what it is copying/pasting with Excel since around Office 97 (maybe).

Since some people DO find Excel's copy/paste current functionality, I propose that a command line switch be used to force Excel to use the system clipboard. OR, at the very least, the clipboard the rest of the MS Office products use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKING_SHIT_ASS _PRODUCT. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKINGSHITASS PRODUCT. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop excel crashes when cut and pasting between tabs

Stop excel from crashing when cut and pasting between tabs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fixing find & replace window size & width as per 1st work item will make repeated work less time consuming in adjusting window again & again

fixing find & replace window size & width as per 1st work item will make repeated work less time consuming in adjusting window again & again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Floating/Un-docked side panels

allow side panels (eg pivot tables, formatting etc) to float - especially to move to a second screen.

the problem - put a pivot table on the right side of the screen. select a cell in it, the pivot table side screen immediately covers and hides the selected cell/table. Thoroughly annoying.

solution: allow the 'pop-up' menu to appear in another location/on another screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT-******* YOU FOR ADDING 16,000 NEW COLUMNS TO MY_FUCKING_WORK SHEET. FUCK_YOU_YOU_FUCKING_PIECES_OF_SHIT.

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT-******* YOU FOR ADDING 16,000 NEW COLUMNS TO MYFUCKINGWORK SHEET. FUCKYOUYOUFUCKINGPIECESOFSHIT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 更简洁的链接到word

现在链接☞到word会出现换行符

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)