Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emojis✌🏼🙌🏼 - GREAT UPDATE TODAY🚀 but please 🙏🏼✨ develop capability to print to PDF!

• See this video - great update in Excel today in relation to Emojis

🔗https://www.loom.com/share/d83ab60d284a47c4999cd7b021d668ce

• However... these still don't print out into PDF - please develop this functionality 🙏🏼🙏🏼

🔗https://www.loom.com/share/91282f60a2d94c2e94106189cf56f54f

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. offer a watermark that is not visible digitally but visible when the document is printed

Adobe offers the feature to add a watermark that is not visible digitally but is visible when printed. We use it to show that a document is uncontrolled when printed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. in trang chẳn, trang lẻ; in 2 mặt dạng đóng quyển

nâng cấp thêm tính năng in trang chẳn, trang lẻ; in 2 mặt dạng đóng quyển giống Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi, I got a plenty of ideas. I dont know how it is workable. Can I share all my ideas in here or can you share your email id. thank you.

Hi, I got a plenty of ideas. I dont know how it is workable. Can I share all my ideas in here or can you share your email id. Is want the is to be
    executed and not to be plagiarised. That is the reason I need your email id. thank you.
    -gokul

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Forcing a page to Print as a odd numbered page

I would like to be able to force a page to Print as an odd numbered page. As such, a Summary page (which I created) would NOT end up on the back side of another page-diminishing it's impact. I know that page breaks can accomplish the same outcome; however, page counts change due to edits, which would mean I would constantly need to verify the desired location of the Summary page. If I could tag a page to be "odd" the need to verify would no longer be necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why is my EXCEL locked for printing now?

Why.? I cant find out how to print my excel file now.......;Help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. disable print preview

Ability to disable print preview. Rendering of the previews is slowing down some processes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am looking for a Premium Template from Microsoft to allow me to print checks in Money in Excel.

I am looking for a Premium Template from Microsoft to allow me to print checks in Money in Excel.

thanks,

Jim

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please give an option for B&W / Colour for printing.

There is not an option for printing coloured files in monochrome (B&W). Please add this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If an area is selected, that area becomes the default print area (NOT the entire worksheet.)

ANNOYANCE: Currently, if a specific area is selected to be printed and the print command is given, the ENTIRE active worksheet is highlighted for printing, not the selected area, and the user must go to the drop down list and select "Print selection". Excel should be smart enough to know that if an area is selected, and print is called, the selected area should be the default print area not the entire worksheet. SUGGESTION: If an area is selected, that area becomes the default print area (NOT the entire worksheet.)

If an area is selected, that area becomes the default…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. print to printer and PDF at the same time

As a small business our invoices are printed with a printer and then converted to a PDF so we can email them the customer.

Having one button to click on to preform both features would save some extra clicks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Switch off automatic page breaks

Automatic page breaks cannot be deleted, therefore need to be able to switch off function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve usability for print preview screen

When you hit ctrl-p to print, the default selection is a big box that says "print". In most applications, the default is the printer selection box, so that if I have multiple printers, I can press ctrl-P, press the letter of the first letter in the name of the printer I want to print to, then hit enter to print with the default settings. (Or, hit enter once to select the printer, and hit enter again to print.)

With Excel 2019, to do the same thing, you have to press crtl-P, then hit tab twice, then select the printer, then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see the return of the use of they keys page up and page down in the print preview screen. It was so much easier to use

Please, Please bring back using Page Up and Page Down keys in Print Preview, instead of having to navigate the mouse to the little-bitty arrows.

If you use (as I do) CTRL-P to get to the Print Page, you have your fingers ready to easily pop the the KEYS to navigate. But now you have to change to the mouse and swish it around to zero in on the tiny on-screen arrows.

This not only takes extra time, but that makes you lose sight of what you are really looking for, which is how do these pages look to me…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel Left Margin for Header & Footer other than default and not aligned with sheet margin.

We are left with either set default margin or align with Page Margin. I want to set Min Margin for Header & Footer (Left/Right) and some other distance for normal worksheet content.
    We can achieve the same in MS-Word but not in excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Giving the same information under the name of different texts in the education section of Microsoft Web-Site

Make a worksheet fit the printed page and Scale a worksheet for printing articles on Print and Share Section of the following link on Microsoft Web Site
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/print-and-share-42f08de8-8514-4f83-938a-f8d846ee563c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    contain the same information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When printing a large workbook with multiple worksheets to PDF, have the name of the tab as the file name that is print to PDF

When printing to PDF and the worksheets have specific names, it would be ideal to print the selected worksheets as INDIVIDUAL FILES and the name of the .PDF document is the name of the work sheet. For example, if we have five worksheets the the names of the worksheets are Rob July 2020; John July 2020; Mary July 2020; Alex July 2020 and Tom July 2020, we can select the five worksheets, print to .PDF and have an option to print as individual .PDF files with the name of the worksheets. The result will be 5 files with the names…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. learn how to explain things that actually work

your instructions are poorly written. tried them and they do not work. gridlines when printing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base