Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insider v1912

Page Layout / Margins drop down is corrupted under current Insider version. After restoring to prior regular version, it display correctly. After going back to Insider, it fails to display properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. multiple print areas

Allow multiple print areas to be created at any one time. Allow to choose which one when printing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is there a way to print userforms using the print preview screen?

Pinting flexibility with userforms using vba?

I am using userforms to enter data into an excel workbook. I am ALSO using the same userforms to recal and display the data in the said workbooks. HOWEVER I CANNOT figure out how to PRINT the displayed data while it is displayed in the userform!! Any solution out there?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better label creation.

Allow user to create labels using data from multiple cells in a table row. Now that Excel can be used like a database, it is almost the perfect app (mixture of database and spreadsheet) . If you add better navigation forms, then we're talking, as it is too inefficient to require two applications (Excel & Access or Excel and Word) to work together to meet basic needs. But for now we need the ability to create labels using data from multiple cells (fields) in each record entry (row) just like in MS Access. Or, you can add the ability to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix Image/Logo Distortion When Printing

Please fix that images get expanded about 10% horizontally when printing. It saddens me that I have to choose between having my company logo look good on the screen OR in print, but not in both.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why is not possible to print a "named section" of a sheet?

Solving some printing problems of parts of a sheet, I wonder if it would be possible, after to have named a group of cells inside a sheet, then print them just recalling them from a remote cell (write in a different or in the same sheet) in wich the name of the group is written.
    This will be a very good and easy way for printing differents part of a sheet and could be very creative without passing through MACRO Function that are not so easy to manage.
    So we could print different parts of a document making different printed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. print selection should recognize if users selected cells and automatically choose "print selection" instead of the default

when I select cell and then open the print dialog the print select stays default. Instead it should automatically change to "print selection" as I have chosen cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clarify which Print Preview (Ctrl+P) settings are global vs. per-worksheet

The print preview and settings window that appears with Ctrl+P needs to clearly distinguish which settings are global (set once per print job) and which settings are worksheet specific (set per worksheet in preview, or in the Page Layout tab's Page Setup dialog box). Otherwise you assume that changing any setting in the print preview and settings window will apply to the print area selected (especially Print Entire Workbook).

For example, the Printer drop down and print area drop down (e.g. Print Entire Workbook) are global settings. Group these under a heading that makes that clear. Meanwhile Scaling (e.g. Fit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option for saving a preset or template for multiple custom margins.

As of now, we do not have an option for saving a preset or template for multiple custom margins. Please add such a feature. It is so helpful and much required for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I Freeze Panes can it also set Print Titles and vice-versa if I'm given the choice

When I set Print Titles, can there be an option check box to set Freeze Pane at the same time based on the Print Titles Rows/Columns being locked for Printing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Print to JPG function

the ability to choose a JPG printer. I have to save as a PDF then export the PDF to jpg. Would like to skip several steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option in 365 to MANUALLY print on both sides!

In my old Microsoft Excel, I had the option to manually print on both sides. In the 365 version, I have no option to do that. So even if my printer says it will duplex print, it still prints 2 sheets because my printer needs a MANUAL fix of paper (which I don't mind doing). But not having that option is really fuking up my work and wasting a sht ton of paper. Now I have to take more time to print each document section by section because of that non manual feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a cell property that is printed vs non-printed

cell contents should have parameter that is printing or not printing so that we dont have to hide entire rows or columns. in various CAD programs you can have entities that are non-printing but used for "construction" purposes. Same concept.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a property for cells that toggles printing of cell contents.

there should be a property for each cell that allows you to turn off printing of its contents. Some cells you want to be visible on the screen (without hiding entire rows or columns) but non-printing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Print Preview Should Display in the Colour That is Being Printed

I would like to see Print Preview display whatever colour is being printed. eg B & W printing Print Preview displays B & W.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Print preview button

I would like to see a 'print preview' button on the ribbon for one-click viewing as I make changes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. its a complaint

Under page layout there are two headings, grid lines and headings. It seem to default to print headings. if one deletes the tick box and then ticks the grid line print box and save the sheet. when re opening the sheet it has automatically defaulted back to print the heading instead of the grid lines. how does one resolve this issue

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve & unify Print dialogue system for all office products

I would like to see one Printing dialogue box/window which is the same whether you are using Excel, Word, Access or any other program. eg If you wish to 'Posh up' your Spreadsheet before printing it, say change font or size for a header, you have to do it 3 times for the Header [title on LHS] [Instructions in center] [date on right]. If you wish to change the Font, you can't just type a letter for say Bookman OS, you have to scroll down each time. If you are using Access, the Print Dialogue Box (PDB) is different in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base