Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bridge to Julia scripting

Since the Julia programming language is in a path to become one of the top leading programming languages in about 5 years by looking at its roadmap, and that among its strenghts are python similarity, concurrency and high level data crunching with ease, it would be great to plan ahead and get Excel to be there on time to interchange capabilities. Even if it is not by considering Julia as another scripting language, and it is more on the side of some visual plug-in API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pause Solver while it is solving

Add a reliable way to pause the solver while it is solving. I have tried Esc, but this is clearly not working once the problem set up has completed and trials start. Give a clear button in the ribbon-bar, that would pause the solver and give the user a dialog box that has the following options: continue, stop (use latest variable values), cancel (discard solver values).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. VBA doesn't let add a comment when the cell contains middle dash symbol

I get an error 91 when I try to add a comment in a cell with "-" value.

To fix it I have to add a space after and before of "-".

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1) = "-"
    Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1).Comment.Text Text:="-"

If I made this manually, not from vba, it works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Important: VBA "Tools" > "Additional Controls" not showing on Windows 10 64-bit

When editing UserForms in the VBA Editor I accidentally removed an item from the toolbox (with right-click > Delete item). I should be able to add it again with right-click > Additional Controls or Tools > Additional Controls but nothing happens when I click on them.

The cursor changes to "busy" for 1 second then goes back to normal but nothing happens next, no window appears and it is impossible to add controls to the toolbar.

I know this is a feedback site and not a help site, a lot of people have had the same issue and asked for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prevent Copy-Paste in Excel all applications including Web, Android etc.

The idea is preventing other users from copy-paste into Excel sheet. So that the user can enter only correct values in excel.

Why it is required?
    I have applied Data Validation on specific column about numbers only, then this validation works fine if user enters manually, but if user copy from external source or paste into that column then the data validations won't work on that cell.

And if I supposed to use Macros to prevent copy-paste, however the limitation is macros only work in Desktop Application only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Creating macro or repetitive function without writing code in VBA.

We need to be able to write repetitive Excel tasks through simple functions or formulae so that whenever we need to re-perform that task we can just use the same function to process the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please get the Excel VBA cpontext sensitive help back to work!!

I don't really care, if it's offline or online help as long as it's fast and reliable, but currently pressing F1 in VBA shows only the MS documents content list (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/).
    For 20 years the context help with F1 was really fast, informative and helpful. Now its just scrap. BTW: Germany is an online underdeveloped country!! Remember: we Germans need OFFLINE HELP. (I still have a 1 Mbit connection!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PLEASE.....Add TTS Turbo Macro to the Microsoft Office Add-in Store

Training the Street, Inc. (TTS) is a prominent Wall Street financial modeling company that trains the majority of Wall Street/finance firms in the United States. TTS has developed an Excel Add-in that thousands of professionals use to enhance their Excel modeling speed. But since Office 365 has started churning out rapid updates, the Add-in has become unreliable and TTS has stated they no longer are making the updates necessary to counter Microsoft's changes. https://trainingthestreet.com/macros/

Is there a way your Dev team could look at this simple Excel Add-in and find a way to add it to the Microsoft Office Add-in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Money in Excel: Add a nonbank account

Adding an account which isn't linked to a bank account, to be able to track cash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ignore cell style while using .find in VBA and the xlWhole parameter

When a macro fills a cell with a text and later needs to go back to that cell the .find method and the xlWhole parameter should do the job. However it fails when the cell style is not standard. That behavior is very odd. Please ignore the cell style when searching whole texts. xlPart works fine, but often you simply need exactly the whole cell text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [BUG] Listbox autoselects item if openned under cursor via doubleclick on cell

If it happens that userform with listbox opens (via on cell doubleclick) under cursor it automatically selects listbox item (that apperas under cursor).

Reproduced in Excel 2013, 2016, do not have other versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Range.Find should use cell values, as opposed to the displayed text.

The following equation fails if you change the column width. See attached pictures.

colNum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E5:DA5").Find(-10).Column

It should be finding that cell H5 has a value of -10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simple Query language like google sheets, The Power query on Excel needs an overhaul

Excel needs to look at how simple and user friendly the query language in google sheets is, the power query in Excel needs an overhaul.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stock Transactions in 'Money in Excel'

Money in Excel should be able to pull in stock transactions from investment accounts via Plaid.

For each transaction, this should include the stock symbol, the quantity of shares purchased/sold, and either the total currency amount or the price per share.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. VBA code window scroll bar not working with touchpad

Using my laptops trackpad with the "two finger gestures" enabled, I am able to scroll both vertically and horizontally in every single application and all throughout windows, Except for Office 365, VBA code window. I have tried repairing office, uninstalling and reinstalling even reimagining the PC but nothing works, not even a usb mouse! Please Please Fix!
    Device: Dell XPS15-7590, Win10 Pro 64Bit, Office 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add functionality to Money in Excel to allow data to be downloaded from a Bank Account back further than 30-60 days

Add functionality to Money in Excel to allow data to be downloaded from a Bank Account back further than 30-60 days; for at least two years. Or for the time period to be selected by the user.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. money in excel add affirm

Add affirm as an option to pull in debt

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Money in Excel trends by account

Ability to see month over month usage of specific account. This would be helpful to see savings account grow over time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base