Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add prediction level to regression analysis.

Analysis ToolPak Regression tool should include Prediction Level and interval percent just like the Confidence Level and interval percent that already exists. This would be valuable for those that also want to see the prediction interval information for their data analysis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove duplicate transactions in Money in Excel

Money in Excel is duplicating some, but not all, of my transactions from my credit card company. Every field is the same in both Excel rows, but there is only a single entry at my credit card company. There doesn't seem to be a reason why some are duped and some aren't.

Since the de-dupe function is disabled, I'm not able to clean the data the way you normally would, so my accounts are way off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Give us a QR Code font

Please give us an add in with the ability to create text into QR codes. We have a system that loves QR codes and a lot of part number we need to print in QR code and now we have a lot of work to do to make it work in excel.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give us a QR Code font

Please give us an add in with the ability to create text into QR codes. We have a system that loves QR codes and a lot of part number we need to print in QR code and now we have a lot of work to do to make it work in excel.

Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time

Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time. Example: show net worth monthly as of the first of each month:
    1 Jan = $20k | 1 Feb = $22k | 1 Mar = $19k | 1 Apr = $21k...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Calendar Picker and Time Picker tools to the toolbox

Cannot imagine why a the Calendar date picker was taken away... so useful and easy... (The date functions are clumsy)>
    Please give the Calendar back... and a click time picker would be good to for user interfaces

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Money In Excel - Add Capital One 360 Bank

Money In Excel - Add Capital One 360 Bank

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Intellisense support for Range.Formula2, HasSpill, etc. properties

The new Range.Formula2, HasSpill, SpillParent, and related properties introduced recently to Excel do not have Intellisense support in Visual Studio. As VSTO is still the best platform to build advanced-capability add-ins for Excel, exposing these properties via Intellisense is very desirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Money in Excel should be available in Microsoft 365 business

It looks like Money in Excel is only available for Personal and Family Microsoft 365 accounts.
    We have several Microsoft 365 Business accounts that we use for both personal and family business activities, but we cannot access this feature.
    We end up paying more at least for some accounts, but we do it for simplicity of management.
    Microsoft should make Money for Excel to business accounts as well - at least small business accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for more categories in Money in Excel

The Categories spreadsheet only allows for the addition of 20 categories. My Quicken account, which I am trying to terminate, has over 70 categories in current use. This limits the usefulness of Money in Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Money in Excel: Multiple Accounts Per Institution

It's very common for a couple to both have accounts at one institution, but want to track data together. Unfortunately I can't use Money In Excel until this feature lands.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. money for excel

I need to be able to put in multiple categories for one check written. I would then put an amount into each category that would equal the check written.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Money in Excel - Import Transactions

In Money in Excel, it would be nice to have the option to import transactions. I have transactions I would like to include in my spreadsheet, but they aren't able to be imported via Plaid.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. money

Add starone CU to financial institution for money in excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Money in excel I need to be able to add account category beyond the default. Adding house in NW and need account category

Money in excel should be able to add account categories for net worth. there appear to only be 4 choices currently, which assets I own fall into none of these.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow access to the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel without having to upgrade an entire suite of applications to a business license.

I have Microsoft 365 Family and I need the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel to troubleshoot a couple of very complex worksheets. The only way to get it is for me to upgrade my entire suite of Office applications to a business license with no other option to get it. A tool to help maintain and repair an Excel sheet should be included with the product, or AT THE VERY LEAST offered for a reasonable additional price.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Convert all VBA references in twips directly to pixels

Convert all VBA references to screen measurements to pixels. The twip is an arcane unit that has an actual defined distance. Monitors of the same native resolution come in a wide range of actual sizes.

Twips are also too granular - I can't actually choose to position a window on a display in fractions of a pixel.

It's very easy for a coder to find their monitor resolution, and also to think about other standard resolutions. It's a lot harder to first, figure out what the heck a twip is to begin with, and then it is unnecessarily unwieldy to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Range.NumberFormat does not work for certain built-in date formats

The Format cells dialog allows you to choose date patterns for different regions, some of those patterns are locale specific and their corresponding NumberFormat is prefixed with a region specifier.

Some of the newer locales that are only in Office 365 on Windows 10 are available via this dialog, but they have not been updated so that they can be successfully retreived via VBA code or COM addins.

Some problematic built in NumberFormats are:
    [$-gsw-CH,1]d. mmmm yyyy;@
    [$-ja-JP-x-gannen]ggge"年"m"月"d"日";@
    [$-jv-Java-ID,1]dd mmmm yyyy;@
    [$-jv-Java-ID,6]dd mmmm yyyy;@
    [$-mg-MG,1]dddd d mmmm yyyy;@
    [$-nqo-GN,1]mmmm dd, yyyy;@
    [$-nqo-GN,6]dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy;@
    [$-ru-MD-x-genlower,1]d mmmm yyyy "г".;@
    [$-uz-Arab-AF,1]d…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed DLL in Excel

Rather than have to distribute DLLs separately from the Excel file be able to embed / package them inside the file itself. How that is achieved doesn't matter to me. But from what I read people assume including it as part of the file 'zip' much like custom Ribbons are would make sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base