Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VBA to webassemly instead of JavaScript.

Hello,
    JavaScript on it's way to replace VBA someday but development flow is getting complicated way too much for office workers.

VBA has been there for decades.
    * It's rock-stable,
    * Slowly changing (like C) so you don't need to learn all this fancy stuff each month and can focus on work (excel mostly used by non-developers if you didn't know)
    * Everybody know it well already.
    * Zillions lines of code exist right now.
    * It's strongly typed (!!!).

Most of modern software already bloated, just look on electron apps and feel really sad thinking about browser running in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SaveCopyAs

Workbook.SaveCopyAs works only for the Old Excel Formats (<=2003)
    Does not work for .xlsx, ,xlsm, .xlsb

Please upgrade to this to work for New Excel Formats (>=2007)

Sam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Encoding of a string value

My problem is: I am getting Hungarian text from a textbox of a userform. If the text has some special Hungarian characters, like á, é, Ő, Ű, etc and I print out this string, I can not use it with another program, which expects encoding UTF-8
    Can I somehow change the encoding of a string value in a VBA macro?
    (I am using Office 365 on Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sanjog.mahato411@outlook

opening the Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Behavior of active cell during macro recording and macro execution are different especially when I use End(xlup etc.).

Active cell wont move when manually select a range using control-shift-xlup or other cursor keys. For example when we select a range from down-right corner to the top-left corner using control-shift-xlup and control-shift-xlleft, active cell is still at the down-right corner. While active cell seems to move to the top-left corner when we execute the same key sequences during a macro.
    Thus it is difficult to reproduce the same behavior by using "Record macro".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel VBA 2001-12425 UserInterfaceOnly:= True has partial effect on letting Macros change protected sheets

Reference a previous suggestion, https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/11050386-worksheet-protection-userinterfaceonly-setting-s , the VBA function seems to be broken. Although set for specific worksheets at Workbook_open, macro execution get blocked on relevant sheets because protection is set. The password is uniform across the workbook, so still needing to execute a slowing unprotect, which risks the sheet become accessible for modification if the relevant macro fails.

Oddly, unless the UserInterfaceOnly is set during Workbook open, the ,UserInterFaceOnly:=only is declared illegal in the relevant module while reprotecting the sheet during code compiling.

Edit: Specifically, of the various cases, a Run-time Error '3000' occurs when working with tables on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Suppress Autoopen Macro by holding Shift Key

Legacy versions of Excel (i.e. those prior to Office 365) enabled you to suppress Autoopen macros from deploying by holding the SHIFT key when opening the corresponding Excel workbooks. This functionality appears to have been lost in Office 365, as holding SHIFT when opening an .xlsm file does not stop the Autoopen macro from running.

Please can you reinstate this, as its absence feels more like an error or omission than anything else. Thank you ! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is an annoying bug in microsoft excel vba, when using sendkeys, Numlock turns on! Please fix this bug

There is an annoying bug in microsoft excel vba, when using sendkeys, Numlock turns on! Please fix this bug

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Porqué no esta disponible en Excel 2016 o mayores la función de month view calendar. ¿Cómo puede sustituir esta función?

Es necesario que la propiedad de month view calendar se encuentra disponible en versiones de EXCEL mayores al 2013, ya que facilita la selección de fechas validas. Cómo puedo sustituir esta propiedad en una macro de excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reference Comments (NKA Notes) in VBA by name rather than index

Currently you can only reference comments in vba by their index number, if you know them. There is no known way to determine the comment index number by vba but maybe through a for-next loop searching the text for a known piece. It is possible to name a comment(shape). Since comments do not always get created by the same order or are in the same place, inserting data above or to left e.g., allow the comment to be selected/manipulated by it's shape name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want you to have an add-in for the Office 365 Excel-enabled Zip Code Conversion Wizard.

Previously Excel Add-ins: You could use the Zip Code Conversion Wizard to bulk convert, but Office 365 Excel is out of system requirements and want a compatible add-in.

タイトル
    Office 365 Excel 対応の郵便番号変換ウィザードのアドインを用意してほしい。

内容
    以前は Excel アドイン: 郵便番号変換ウィザードを利用して一括変換することが可能だったが、Office 365 Excel はシステム要件外のため、対応したアドインを用意してほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Worksheet_Before_Calculate event to VBA

Add an event that will trigger before calculation takes place. This would enable commands like Application.RTD.RefreshData and other updates to occur prior to the workbook (or worksheet) calculation occurring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix macro glitch in excel

My corporate computer was recently switched to Office 2019. Excel was opening just fine for me until I created a macro - now I'm getting a notification "personal.xlsb is locked for editing". I've tried the "share" option which allows me to unhide my personal file and enable my macro, however, upon closing and reopening excel, I get the same error message and have to go back and do this process again to enable the macro. There has to be a fix for this - I shouldn't have to go through this process every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an Automatic Open, Refresh, Save and close feature instead of having to go through batch files and power shell

Add an Automatic Open, Refresh, Save and close feature instead of having to go through batch files and power shell

It could be a Automation button that Schedules a Refresh of all the Data and Macros in an excel sheet then closes it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Providing 64-bit version of MSDAORA driver

A strategic customer is facing a compatibility issue in using their LOB excel Macro after upgrading from Windows 7 and Office 2010 32-bit to Windows 10 1709 and Office 2016 64-bit.
    The macro is unable to connect to an Oracle database as there is no available 64-bit MSDAORA driver

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel 365, home; windows 10 pro x64 - In EXCEL 365 VBA code, the statement "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" fail to operate in some VBA

In EXCEL 365 VBA code, the statement "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" fail to operate in some VBA subroutines and macros. With "Application.ScreenUpdating = True" the execution is dramaticaly slowed down. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. start using C# as the macro language instead of visual basic

well, visual basic great language loves it but Microsoft seems to have abandoned the language. C# is clearly the new emphasis so, therefore, start the move to make C# the default language for the office products. plus there is an opportunity to increase the performance and features of the macro language. allowing for the creation of exportable modules and even binary macros that run faster or can be more easily exported to different machine

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Incorrect formula for standardized residual in the regression data analysis tool

Currently, the standardized residual in the regression data analysis tool is calculated as the residual divided by the standard deviation of the residuals.
    This is incorrect.
    Notwithstanding the fact that the correct standardized residual should account for leverage (this is actually called a studentized residual in some schools of thought), you should at least modify the formula for standardized residual so that it divides the residual by the standard error of the estimate, which is also called RMSE, instead.
    The difference is that the standard deviation of the residuals is calculated as:
    SQRT(SSE/n-1)
    Whereas, the standard error of the estimate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Office Scripts for Excel Desktop

Hi Excel-Team,
    on Ignite and on the Excel Tech Community blog, you have announced Office Scripts - including a macro recorder for Excel JS.
    That's really awesome and I am looking forward to the preview at the end of this year. However, Office Scripts will (is) currently only available for Excel on Web.
    I would like to suggest to add this feature to Excel Desktop too in the (near) future.
    This, as on one hand not all files are stored/used in the web and Excel for Web has less features than Excel for Desktop and on another hand, I guess,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve VBA protection

it is not a secret that the VBA protection password is very weak, it is very frustrating that I can't defend properly a sensitive code in the one of the biggest and popular software (Excel) in the world.
    improving VBA protection is a game changer for lots of people.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base