Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show file sharing information from within the application

Provide information on the sharing status of the current file: if the file is shared, with whom and with what permissions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the Search Tool in Excel online

An excel can be shared through SharePoint amongst hundreds of participants. And those groups are often international. It is my case here. I have created a SharePoint and it contains a document in which some hundreds of participants need to register for one of the 5 available focus groups. One of them is named Hector Sanchez. I wanted to know if he had registered so entered first "Hector" in the search tool and then "Sanchez", with no results. I contacted him and he said that he did register. So I come back to the file and do a manual search,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collaborate on a single sheet within a multiple sheet workbook.

It would be awesome to have a single sheet in an excel workbook be shared amongst multiple users (using OneDrive?). But still retain the privacy/single user settings for the other sheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Refuser l'accès à plusieurs sur un même document

Serait-il possible d'ajouter une option par document pour autoriser / interdire l'ouverture d'un fichier par plusieurs utilisateurs ?
    Nous rencontrons régulièrement des conflits de version lorsque 2 utilisateurs ont modifié le même fichier. Les fichiers en question contenant des liens vers d'autres documents, des TCD, des macro-commandes cela compromet quasi systématiquement nos fichiers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The links between several excel files do not work when using the excel online web

The links between several excel files do not work when using the excel online web

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put share by email back. We wont be using cloud solutions and email works and is essential

Put back share by email from local disk. This is a useful feature. Any of the new stuff could be dumped to get it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add an export to Microsoft Lists option in Excel File Menu

Now that Microsoft Lists is GA, it would be great to have the ability to export straight to a Microsoft List from Excel. I know there is already an import option from Microsoft Lists, but it makes sense to have the option the other way too!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. EXCEL CAN OPEN A PST FILE

It would be much better to let the excel application open a .PST file so we can sort the folders and sub folders, that way we can manage it easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit history with username on every cell

when you share a file with multiple users and they edit multiple cells with different values. It would be great to have a "Cell history" which will show us the edit history of a particular cell by any users. Information like what they changed and when they changed it (with username). This feature is available in Google sheets and its amazing to keep a track of whos changing what.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the World in 24 Hours. Live Your Life As If You Had 24 Hours To Save the World and Just Do IT! We Have Less Than a 24 Hour Window P

Change the World in 24 Hours. Live Your Life As If You Had 24 Hours To Save the World and Just Do IT! We Have Less Than a 24 Hour Window Period To Save the Life of a Person and the in the Total Aggregate, That is A lot of People. In the aftermath of 911, we should be realizing how bad off we all are. We need help.

Heroes Welcome: Dear Saints,

You can change the world in 24 hours by updating the way you think.
    Progress is the only thing that has ever changed the world in the …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug in Excel Sheet View

There is a bug in the new personal filter feature for Excel Online with coauthered documents. It appears that when a desktop version of Excel is open by one user and another user edits or saves a personal filter in the sheet view online, this creates a merge error where the desktop user can no longer save/autosave the file and must be reopened. Can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put a link in the menuto e-mail a spreadsheet in my e-mail client of choice - this was availanble in excel before 365!

Reinstate the link in excel menu to send a spreadsheet by e-mail - why has this gone in 365??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel on LIne

Make easily possible to put online any Excel worksheet.
    1) On the web, users can change cells contents (aka data enter or qwery) and the worksheet gives the answer as it has designed to do it.
    2) Users doesn't need to have Excel on their PC
    3) It's completely anonymous for user and the owner of the worksheet
    4) the server ishould be OneDrive but of course without any possiblity to know the name of the owner and acces to his files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create insertable columns for documents or comments

Create a designated and insertable column for attachments and comments that can be associated to that row. See Smartsheet functionality for examples. once attached, a paperclip or comment icon appears and a window opens displaying the attachment or comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maintain hidden rows/columns in "sheet view" in Excel for Windows

I would like the ability to create specific sheet views by hideing specific columns.
    Unfortunately hideing columns is not part af the sheet view.
    Would you please look into the option to allow users to create personal views by hideing columns not only filtering rows?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share a workbook from one computer to another using bluetooth

I would love the capability of sharing a workbook via bluetooth in the Excel app. It would save a step of saving it, opening the bluetooth app and sharing it. I work with 2 computers with my job and on 1 of them I can't use OneDrive because of restrictions on that pc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. password save

I use a certain files with customers and they are able to fill out part of the document and other parts are for me to fill out. (mainly approval). at the moment i use a password to keep customers from changing more then they should and then once i need to add information in the locked cells i use the password to open the file and afterwards i lock it again. i always use the same password but every time when locking i need to type in the password twice. it would be easier to have the password saved in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a Quality Control Ribbon Tab

Provide a tab for quality control review tab as part of the ribbon that would enable quick formula review and comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. why not see shared with me option

why i cant use this option of after uptodate shared with me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sheet view

Can sheet view be implemented in the desktop app like it has been in excel online to aid with coauthoring when you need to filter results. Ideally this would be expanded to a sheet view where all view changes i.e. to column and rows are only shown on your version of excel when you set the option which you can then save

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base