Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve secutrity / protection - especially buisness oriented

I think one of the main issues of todays excel, is the fact that one cannot protect sheets when shared with others. To clarify, i am aware that you can lock sheets and workbook with a password, but to workaround this, simply download the excel and open in google sheets, and all the sheets are unlocked.

So what im thinking about, is the ability to secure sheets when shared, so that only you have acess to hidden/protected sheets.

Ive got two ideas that would fix this issue, but if anyone else has a better idea, please comment!

1) When creating…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save and share sheet view filters

Allow the option to share or publish saved Sheet View filters. Publish option should be available when prompted to Keep the filter and on the Sheet View options pop-up window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to link a portion text from a word doc to a cell in excel

I would like changes in a Word doc to update a cell in Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you add additional Banks and Credit Cards Capital One Quicksilver to your Money in Excel app?

Can you add additional Credit Cards, Banks and Brokerage Accounts to your new Microsoft365, Money in Excel app? the app is worthless to me if I can't add all my accounts.

Accounts:
    Credit Card: Capital One Quicksilver
    Suntrust Bank and Credit Cards
    Chas. Schwab Bank and Brokerage accounts.

I hope this can be accomplished as I really like the idea of seeing all my income and spending in one place.

Thank you and hoping for a quick solution.

William P. Sands
    Village at The Woodlands Waterway
    2323 Lake Robins Dr.
    The Woodlands, Texas 77380

904-333-4343
    bsands322@yahoo.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BE ABLE TO HAVE ON 2 SCREENS AT ONCE

WE USE AN EXCEL SPREAD SHEET ON A DESK TOP TO MAKE CHANGES AND WE HAVE A TV SCREEN (LARGER) FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO SEE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edit Approvals

If the spreadsheet is shared amongst a team, is there a way to approve of edits? Such as a team member makes an edit but before it is displayed to the entire team the boss/manager must approve it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Changes tracking in excel used on an online support. Thanks

Changes tracking in excel used on an online support. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. include a function to convert comments to notes in Excel 365

include a function to convert comments to notes in Excel 365

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mac OLM to PST migrator software

Here the user can use this Mac OLM to PST migrator software which easily changes all Mac OLM files data into Outlook PST format without any data loss. The file extension is mostly used for MS Outlook to store a number of data including Contacts, Messages, Emails, Notes, Journals, Task, Calendar, and many more attachments. Any technical or non-technical user can use this software with ease. https://www.kdetools.com/mac/olm/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. excel es gibt im Falle, dass die geöffnete Datei gesperrt ist, den Button User auffordern die Sperre aufzuheben

Es gibt im Falle, dass die geöffnete Datei gesperrt ist, den Button User auffordern die Datei zu verlassen

Häufig vergessen User eine Datei wieder zu schließen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don´t allow in worksheet Fill Handle, Flash fill, and AutoCOmplete in files shared

Currentyly this, we can unenable this options in the program, but I need this options when i share the file with other collegues. Because i have loose many time, and works by one of my collegues use this fuctions with filter.
    Please, DO you activate a function to select if we want allow or not use a Fill Handle or Flash fill or auto complete when the file is shared and there is any filter. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel Connect to Sharepoint Online Sources.

Users are increasingly using SharePoint online data sources like SharePoint lists, however Microsoft 365 Business Standard license doesn't allow such a simple thing of connecting desktop Excel to SharePoint Online Services.

Providing all that SharePoint online functionality and then not allowing Excel desktop to connect to a simple list, in my option should not have to pay an enterprise license for that. This is basic functionality that should be in the standard license.

Just a thought.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FILTER SHOULD NOT CHANGE IN ALL DEVICES

EVERY TIME I CHANGE FILTER IT CHANGES IN OTHER DEVICES ALSO. IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Release edit access without closing excel file

It would be handy to be able to 'release edit access' or switch to read-only when you're in an excel, so you're able to refresh a query that uses the data without closing and reopening the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A Collaboration with TALLY ERP 9

Accessing tally data with ease of excel formulas and features so that we don't need to export data from tally everytime we have to apply a filter or formula.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Embed Excel minisheets in emails

If you copy and paste a segment of excel into an email allow the option of it retaining the features of excel with formulas and the recipients can modify within the email or copy and paste to a spreadsheet. You would need to translate the formulas from the tab's A1 to the copied section's A1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide version comment in history

In version history panel opened in excel comments are not presented.
    Comments may be added for instance during check in operation. Only author and time is presented.
    Could you added also comments to that view?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remote Documents Deletion

Could Microsoft add a feature for remote documents deletion in case to be stolen like a protection feature for Excel Spreadsheets, if the document is found opened in a unknown location, it can be deleted from office GUI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. want to share and edit file with whom, who does not use onedrive

want to share and edit file with whom, who does not use onedrive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base