Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Continue with the current selection can be first option in sort and remove duplicates

Removing duplicates and sort are asking for two options 1. Expand the selection 2. Continue with the current selection. If the options are rearranged as below then it will help for fast working
    1.Continue with the current selection
    2.Expand the selection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sort/select worksheets by color

I think that the ability to sort/select/hide/unhide worksheets by tab color would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maintabs and subtabs

Hello!
    I think you ought to create maintabs and subtabs in excel with a drop and drag functionality. That principle would create a much better overview in excel. Tabs that are linked together can be connected and hidden under a maintab. Much like apps on mobile phones and app archives.
    Thank you!
    Frej

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Introduce an option on the filters that allows you to arrange data in that column according to how close it is to a given value.

For example if I had the numbers 3, 7, 9, 12, 15, 20 I would love to select filter, select "by proximity to" and then type in the number 10. Excel would then arrange the data as 9, 12, 7, 15, 3, 20 as 9 is closest to 10, 12 is the next nearest etc. It doesn't matter whether the number is higher, or lower than the given number.
    It would be a really quick and easy way of saying if the mean of this data was 10 which data is closest to average, irrespective of whether it's higher, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to create filter presets

In our international company we are working with large files, and always need to apply filters a lot. By creating filter presets for column, and triggering it by link / button (w/o macro!) we would be able to filter range of data by category and versions of out product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I will appreciate if I can group rows into more than 8 layers

Currently, one can only group rows up to 8 layers. However, I do need to group rows up to 20 layers. Is it possible to group rows into more than 8 layers?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Montly report snapshot

For an amateur spreadsheet user, if there is a way to personalize the items on the Snapshot page, so I could see a snapshot of all my monthly spending, not only the Frequent merchants or merchants where the most was spent, it would be great.
    I need a report I could produce using Money in Excel that I could take to a family meeting that shows all our monthly spending, yet organized. I realize I could copy and past info from my transaction page and then sort the way I want it, but having it already completed in a template…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Montly report snapshot

If there is a way to personalize the items on the Snapshot page, so I could see a snapshot of all my monthly spending, not only the Frequent merchants or merchants where the most was spent, it would be great.
    I need a report I could produce using Money in Excel that I could take to a family meeting that shows all our monthly spending, yet organized. I realize I could copy and past info from my transaction page and then sort the way I want it, but having it already completed in a template would be awesome!

And if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clearly show the sort order in the column letters

It's not always obvious to work out the exact sort order when looking at a worksheet. It would be great to show the sort order. Assuming that the sort order is columns A, D, F, B, K. My suggestion is to show the sort order number as part of the column letter. In this example, A1, D2, F3, B4, K5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. move empty criteria in filters from the bottom to the top

move empty criteria in filters from the bottom to the top. some of the special criterias like show all are on the top of the filter list. could you please move the criteria "empty" as well to the top of the list? thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BAD BUG

Hello
    I m using excel2019.When I set currency "ریال", the filter doesn't work properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Warning of possible corruption when sorting data with references in it

I want to sort data. However, the data in the table had references in it. I know that can cause problems. So I copy the table and paste it back in place with just the values.

This allows the sorting to work properly. However, sometimes I forget to do this and the sort gives strange results due to the links/ references to other cells getting corrupted. I would hope this would be a simple check that is worth doing before any sorting is done. Since sometimes I forget to do this and the sort gives strange results due to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Total" Row Position in ListObject

It is annoying not to always see the "total" as you can see the column title of a ListObject when you are set down. I often use a function to place the balance sheet (Total) in the second row of the table.

With a "Total" line at the bottom of the table, you have to "insert" a line whereas it suffices to enter a line without using a Listobject: an Access-like operation in a grid is much more practical;

Why not authorize a "Plan" type mode with "subtotal" allowing you to take stock above rather than below.

Thank you.

ES

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CTRL+SPACE on table column shift view to a last column cell

Hello,

Background

Create a table with any data and make sure number of rows is bigger than your screen can fit.

Problem

CTRL+SPACE on a range

1. Convert a table to a range.

2. Press CTRL+SPACE.

Entire column is selected. View is not moved anywhere.

CTRL+SPACE on a table

1. Select any cell in this table visible on the screen.

2. Press CTRL+SPACE.

Entire table column is selected. View is moved to a last cell of selected table's column.

Proposal

Current behavior is not consistent and annoying. Imaging working with data somewhere in the row 10, selecting column and view shifted to a last…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export to Excel

Your Android App gives the ability to export Tables to Excel from Images its fantastic, is there any intention to add the same function to both the desktop application and online app (plus add the same ability to PDFs)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Coordinate Function

A function that allows for a more complex cell reference that allows for compounding functions while still resulting in a basic cell/range.

Example you want a cell to equal cβ where β is a cell location determined by a random between or a number in another box.

Format
    =Coord(Xaxis,Yaxis)
    Xaxis a number value corresponding to a column reference (1=a 2=b….)
    Y
    axis a number value corresponding to a column reference

Usage
    =Coord(1,5) results in A5
    =Coord(1,RANDBETWEEN(1,3)) results in a either a1 a2 or a3 chosen at random

Notes: adding in an automatic alphanumeric value in the X_axis…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A quick way to filter by columns rather than rows

I often have large data sets which are organized as rows with numerous column headings. I typically like to transpose such data so row headings are on the right. It would be neat if there was a SIMPLE horizontal sort where I could select a row and initiate a filter so that only columns of interest could be scanned easily but easily see all the headers. This should be "easy" but could not figure out how. I think of it as a horizontal column filter. Perhaps this exists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Filter - Color Required

Color required for eye catch for multiple filter use.
    when I using column filter from A1 to Z1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make large tables of data easier to read

Create a feature that, after you select a table, it creates a very light contrast color on every 2nd or 3rd line, to make it easier to read. The feature should automatically highlight every 2nd or 3rd row, regardless of sorting, filtering, or otherwise rearranging the internals of the table. So, every time you make a change to the table, you do not have to highlight and fill in every 2nd or 3rd row, since the feature would do this automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tweak filter button output a bit

When using the filter button in a column it would be helpful for two characteristics to change.

First, after clicking on a filter and having the query window open, change the default focus to the "Search" box. At the moment there is no default so you have to move the cursor to select one anyway. That would speed up searching a filtered column greatly as it would eliminate key or mouse usage to get to the Search box.

Second, move "(Blanks)" from the last position in the list to the second position. Again this would eliminate us having to scroll…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base