Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disponibilizar opção de cálculo de mediana na tabela dinâmica

Disponibilizar opção de cálculo de mediana na tabela dinâmica, de modo que seja possível calcular a mediana usando filtros.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link part of the text in cell, not all of the text in the entire cell

We often use excel to present information in an easy-to-understand way to staff. In this case, we are using it to present benefits information - how to sign up, where to go for more information and rather than spreading out the information over 30 cells, we kept it to 15, but this means that some cells contain prose, websites and telephone numbers. We are trying to make it easier for employees to access websites by linking it in this particular section in the spreadsheet, but the entire cell is linked and for cells where we list two different websites, this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inherited Formatting in Dynamic Arrays from Source Tables

I just became an Office Insider and I'm playing around with dynamic array formulas like FILTER, SORT, UNIQUE. Output from these new functions, noticeably with date fields, default to the date serial numbers, or currency fields from source tables return as decimal numbers. I'd like to see these outputs return the values from the source in the source format of those columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lock some cells in all sheets

Hello
    I want to lock some cells in all the sheets at once. Please guide. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In File menu, add an option to 'Save & Close' in one step.

In File menu, add an option to 'Save & Close' with one click. Currently, one has to either:

Click on 'Save', then click on 'Close', OR

Click on 'Close', and then answer the question "Do you want to save the changes etc etc." with another click.

With the option to 'Save & Close', this would be done with one initial click.

Multiplied by a million files being 'Save(d)' and 'Close(d)' around the world every day, that's a lot of clicks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to remove animations so Excel 2016 runs calculations as fast as Excel 2010 did!

My company just updated from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 / Office 2016.

Excel 2016 is so slow compared to Excel 2010! I have a few large spreadsheets doing complex aerodynamics calculations then plotting charts of the results, each chart using multiple series. Input data is set and changed with various ActiveX or Form controls (e.g. toggle buttons, sliders, tick boxes, drop-downs, etc) linked to cells.

With Excel 2010, when I made an input change, all the charts would update almost instantly. Using the same files with Excel 2016 there is a horrible ripple effect as the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. eSoftTools 7zip password recovery

A smart and advanced tool is developed by eSoftTools to remove password from 7zip file named as 7zip password recovery tool. it has some recovery process which helps in instant password recovery. this software can support all windows and 7zip varients.

More info:- https://www.7zpasswordrecovery.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. merge multiple excel workbooks into one

I have say 10 excel workbooks and each workbook has 1 sheet each then is it possible to merge all those excel workbooks into one with 10 sheets? As I am not able to find any such option to the best of my knowledge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save directly using a path+filename instead of going through 3 dialog boxes

In general, for all MSO applications, stop the save to web default dialog, which then needs an additional click for the regular save dialog box, and then find the tiny "more" line to input a directory. It used to be you just enter a path+filename (presumably the path is copied from Windows Explorer already) and now, it's multiple steps!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. to put shorthand tips readily available like a recommendation type lie how to use hyphen as text in a call, formula tutorial etc

helpchatbot or smart tips for excel to make it easier to compute for e.g. margins, performance growth %, interest, etc.... to be easily assisted based on the column headers

smart print preview suggestion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a modeless PowerPivot Measures Pane (or make the existing one modeless)

Why is the PivotTable Fields Pane non-modal, but the #PowerPivot Measures dialog modal?

I LIVE in that Measures dialog. I ALWAYS want to have it open. And I want to be able to park it permanently over in Monitor 1 where it can merrily not obscure my Dashboard like my Fields pane doesn't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trend function between an array with multiple data points

This would be a new function that would allow you to calculate a fitted trend value to data, trending between the closest two data points instead of the entire dataset.

For example, let's say you have data for 5 year increments between 2000 and 2020, so data for 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, and 2020.

Currently, using a trend line will just fit a line of best fit across all data points, but this can produce values that deviate a lot and don't fit well.

Instead, a formula that linearly interpolates between the two closest values would provide a better approximation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Want ability to change default font for comments

I want to be able to change the default font for comments in Excel (Office Profession Pro 2016 with Windows 10). I can't read the 9-point Tahoma Bold font that is the current default so I constantly have to change the font format when inserting a new comment.

Most of the postings that appeared here (722 in my case) are asking for this feature, but in different ways. Either it's not possible, or the information is tucked someplace where no one can find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Want ability to change default font for comments

I want to be able to change the default font for comments in Excel (Office Profession Pro 2016 with Windows 10). I can't read the 9-point Tahoma Bold font that is the current default so I constantly have to change the font format when inserting a new comment.

Most of the postings that appeared here (722 in my case) are asking for this feature, but in different ways. Either it's not possible, or the information is tucked someplace where no one can find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make all Desktop functionality available on the browser. There should be a seamless experience between browser and desktop versions.

When I work on something collaboratively in the browser, it would be great for all shortcuts, formatting, and operations to function as seamlessly as possible.

These are my own thoughts and words.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow custom format input directly in Home Ribbon

Instead of inputting custom number formats by clicking on the drop down and then selecting 'More Number Formats' and then selecting 'Custom' and then typing the format into the Type box. - Make it so you can just type in the custom format into the drop down. Like how you can type in 'Percentage' from the ribbon, it would be nice if you could simply type in values like 0.00% or MMM-YY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Refreeze Panes

Create a Refreeze Panes option in the Freeze Panes drop down. This would remove the current Freeze Panes and apply a New Freeze Panes on the selected cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable scrolling through Help whilst text boxes are open

Allow scrolling down the Help section whilst text boxes are open/in use - enables the action to be performed simultaneously whilst the instructions are being followed, for example Data Validation - currently unable to continue with instructions once the text box is open/in use - have to start all over again if further instructions are required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a floating totals row to dynamic arrays

When using dynamic arrays, it would be nice to have the option of a floating totals row at the bottom of the dynamic spill range.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If formula = x then y else do the formula

Often, IF formula's are used to check a formula and check what do to next. Sometimes, you want to do a formula, but do something else depending on the result of that formula this involves inputting the formula again in either of the conditionals.

There should be a way to return the value of the formula.

e.g. instead of, if(sum(a1:a4)>20,20,sum(a1:a4)) you do if(sum(a1:a4)>20,20,condition)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 390 391
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base