Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide drop down list of columns where filters are applied with column's alphabetical label in brackets.

This ties in with recommendations of others where they recommend changing the color of the filter button to easily identify filtered columns. Also consider providing drop down option or pop up option to list column names (with alphabetical label of column, such as (A), (B), etc). This will help to easily identify columns where filters are applied. You don't necessarily want to go to each column, but rather want to catch up with the logic / thought process you were busy with. Maybe some short abbreviated info about the values filtered as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add more time formats

Please add a time format that will allow me to format and sort times like this:

1:30

I want to be able to add 1:30 PM without displaying the PM and I want to sort, so making it into text will not work. I do not want 13:30.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow time format >24 h in Power Pivot and Power BI

In order to calculate monthly call times, one has to create an overly complicated DAX formula in order to show the times above 24 h correctly. As a result, it doesn't function as TIME, but as TEXT, and one cannot use it in charts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An active sheet bar.

I work with 10s of sheets in my workbook and switching between them is difficult and it breaks the flow of your work.

When I scroll on the sheet bar. Instead of the current sheet the sheet bar should move (left/right) so switching between a lot of sheets becomes easy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. zip password recovery

To get a free solution to recover zip file password using eSoftTools zip password recovery software. it can use three advanced techniques that are- Mask attack, Brute force attack and Dictionary attack which helps in the fast password recovery process. this tool is fully protected anti-virus and works well with all windows and 7z editions. Users can recover a lot of zip files without any failure instantly.

More Info:- https://www.esofttools.com/zip-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHY THERE IS NOT ABSOLUTE MAX AND MIN IN FILTER REFERENCE TO THE UNIQUE DATA

WHEN YOU USE FILTER THE CURRENT FILTER TOOLS IS LESS THAN,GREATER THAN AND BETWEEN THERE SHOULD BE MAX AND MIN TO FILTER THE ABSOLUTE MAX DATA REFERENCE TO UNIQUE NAMES FOR EXAMPLE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. working modes when using excel

We are will use excel for different types of purposes...…. Entering data on a table, preparing different types of statements.... Preparing drawings by using auto shapes etc...…

for Example, I am entering a selected data in a single work sheet from difference work sheets (or) work books. If we turn the excel in data entry mode..... then we will only enter the and selection of cells will be automatically done in sequence of columns or sequence of rows depending upon table format. If this all happened by the help of AI it will be more productive. Based on customisations when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For each device, you can change the theme by checking Always use these settings regardless of your sign-in status to Office. I want you to i

For each device, you can change the theme by checking Always use these settings regardless of your sign-in status to Office.
    I want you to improve that the theme for each device is not saved and becomes the same.

I used to be able to do it, but now I can't.

タイトル (日本語) : デバイスごとに [Office へのサインイン状態にかかわらず、常にこれらの設定を使用する] にチェックを入れてテーマを変えても
    デバイスごとのテーマが保存されず、同じになってしまうのを改善してほしい。

本文 (日本語) : デバイスごとに [Office へのサインイン状態にかかわらず、常にこれらの設定を使用する] にチェックを入れてテーマを変えても
    以前はできていたが、現在はできなくなった。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For each device, you can change the theme by checking Always use these settings regardless of your sign-in status to Office. I want you to i

For each device, you can change the theme by checking Always use these settings regardless of your sign-in status to Office.
    I want you to improve that the theme for each device is not saved and becomes the same.

I used to be able to do it, but now I can't.

タイトル (日本語) : デバイスごとに [Office へのサインイン状態にかかわらず、常にこれらの設定を使用する] にチェックを入れてテーマを変えても

本文 (日本語) : デバイスごとに [Office へのサインイン状態にかかわらず、常にこれらの設定を使用する] にチェックを入れてテーマを変えても
    以前はできていたが、現在はできなくなった。

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a formatting option to add a line above a letter, opposite of underline, which helps in writing statistics

Statistics uses a line above a letter, such as X to signify sample means, but Excel does not allow you to write it out. MS Office should allow you to place a line above a letter. Place this next to the underline option or in the formatting page where you can strikethrough.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why don't you respond to complaints?

Why don't you respond when complaints are made? Why don't you follow industry best practice and
    - send a response with a complaint number and date that could be followed up
    - include the text of the complaint so that it's not lost
    - commit to addressing the problem within a fixed period.
    Many if not most of us are paying a subscription for Office as a service, and - as a customer service - it's ****. It's time for Microsoft to wake up to what customer service is all about.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Opening the main Excel window in a default size and position specified by the user

We like to open the main Excel window in the same position on our desktop each time. The only way we can do this is to assure that the last closed window was in the desired location when closed. This is because new windows open in the same size and position as the last closed window.

The problem arises when you open multiple worksheets, which automatically arrange themselves or are moved by the user to other temporary locations. Closing any of these windows last sets a new undesired default for the next session of Excel.

Another problem is that t…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If you select Fit Outline size from Enclosed Characters in Word for Office 365, the font size in the characters does not change, but you wan

In the monthly channel, if you select Fit Outer Border Size from Enclosed Characters as the expected behavior, the character should be resized with the default font size, but it is not resized.
    Instead of displaying Field Codes each time and changing the font size, if you select Fit Outline Size, i want the characters in the box to be automatically resized.

Semi-annual channels are resized, but monthly channels are not resized.

タイトル (日本語) : Word for Office 365 の [囲い文字] から [外枠のサイズを合わせる] を選択しても文字が中のフォントサイズが変わらず文字がはみ出るのを改善してほしい。

本文 (日本語) : 月次チャネルにおいて、期待の動作としては [囲い文字] から [外枠のサイズを合わせる] を選択した場合、〇 は既定のフォントサイズで文字はリサイズされるはずがリサイズされない動作になっている。
    都度、[フィールドコード] を表示してフォントサイズを修正するのではなく、 [外枠のサイズを合わせる] を選択した場合は中の文字は自動的にリサイズしてほしい。

半期チャネルはリサイズされるが、月次チャネルはリサイズされない。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. conditional formatting: change a possibly misleading text

Replace "Regels wissen" ("Clear lines") as shown in the attached picture by something less alarming. Clear lines suggest the content of the lines is removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SUBSTITUTES function supporting arrays of "find" and "replace" parameters

From time to time, users need to remove multiple characters from a string. For example, you might want to remove all punctuation, or all accented characters.

Right now, you have to do that with a lengthy nested formula using the SUBSTITUTE function. Such formulas are hard to read and challenging for a novice to debug. Or you could write a VBA user-defined function that performs each of the substitutions for you.

The better approach would be a SUBSTITUTES function that works like SUBSTITUTE but accepts an array (or range of cells) for the Find parameter, and possibly also for the…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scroll lock shortcut should be able to turn it on AND off

For many laptops that don't have a specific scroll lock key, scroll lock can be turned on by fn+C (which is typically dangerously close to probably the most common shortcut used in excel - ctrl+C). If scroll lock becomes turned on (whether on purpose or on accident), a user then has to open their on-screen keyboard which will have a scroll-lock key and turn it off from there. This is unnecessarily cumbersome and poses a big problem when the on-screen keyboard isn't fully functioning.

I don't see a reason why the same short cut to turn on scroll lock can't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ORGANIZAÇÃO DOS NÚMEROS DA COLUNA

Sou contadora e trabalho com prestação de contas. Com isso os orçamentos tem numeração sequencial com dois ou três digitos (1.1 ou 1.10 ou 1.10.1) como organizar a sequência no Excel tipo 1.1, 1.2, 1.10 e não 1.1, 1.10 e 1.2? Poderiam me ajudar?
    obrigada

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. please make this appication to find he value of squaeroot of (-1) combined with equation to find the value of equation

please make this appication to find he value of squaeroot of (-1) combined with equation to find the value of equation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. XLOOKUP to return not found value

When we are looking up the value from the list, XLOOKUP to have the ability to return the values not found from the search list, currently user filter the #NA value and paste the data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 277 278
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base