Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invert Selection - To select all cells outside of the current selection.

Pretty much what the title says. If you could select certain rows/columns/cells and use a feature/shortcut that inverts the selection, selecting all cells outside the current perimeter (deselecting the current selection aswell) It would be very effecient.

In this situation attached, it would select all the hidden rows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove 7zip password

You need to remove 7zip password by using this advance SysInspire 7z password recovery software this is provide you free demo version and give you three techniques such as brute force attack, mask attack, and dictionary attack. the GUI or UI of this tool is very simple. This software easily remove any possible combination password like asg54$#^, %^&653fdhuy, 76vhn%*#$ etc.

Get the details - https://www.sysinspire.com/7z-password-recovery-software/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mors Principium Video Converter ad mbox libera PST

Quod is software PDT tutam ac securam mbox converter ad user potest sine gratis conversus, confirma sententiam, et in PST file mbox format.there sunt PST lima amplitudo velit congue consectetuer. Hic est notitia in variis Import converter Cras ut formats EML file: EMLX, HTML, MSG. Sustinet etiam facile in ANSI UNICODE formats.

CIRCUMEO HERE: http://www.howtosol.com/products/pst-to-mbox-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Autosave & Save: Incremental

Improve Autosave feature so that there is an option to autosave to hard drive and not the default of One Drive. Some don't have that option and others like myself don't want to save valuable data to the cloud!

Add an option to both autosave and save to enable incremental backups. So that when you save you not only save as per normal, but you also save a backup and save the backup file as an incremental save adding (1) (for example ) to the filename.

This gives you a current save with which you continue to work with and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to import NSF files into Outlook?

A user always requires the best to the best appliance to import Lotus Notes NSF file to PST file format just like the SysInspire NSF to PST converter in order to extract data from Lotus Notes and import to PST file.
    This software successfully exports all versions of emails, messages, calendars, contacts, to-do lists, tasks, notes, etc to a new PST file at a proper location.
    1. First of all, install and open the SysInspire application on your desktop to begin the import process.
    2. Now, click on the Browse button to select the NSF file that you want to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. copy without incrementing

At the bottom right of every cell, there is a square used to copy and increment the numbers. I want the same square, on the middle bottom of each cell to copy WITHOUT incrementing. Simply copy. Of course, I know, I just have to copy paste and this does the job. However, it would be quicker to have that new square.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Setting A Default Font Format For All New Sheets

I've searched through Excel options for the ability to set a default font for all new Excel files/workbooks. There is an option to set a default font size. My suggested improvement is to allow the setting of a default entry format with all options in the "Format Cells" command. I spend a lot of time making style changes when I open a new workbook. Yes I know there is the ability to set "Cell Styles". It seems to me that setting up the most used format simplifies things. You don't have to select a group of cells and then format…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight Results For Find & Select Results

I use many fill and border colors. The resulting cells of a Find & Select search can be very hard to see. The lines of the borders on the resulting cell(s) are too thin to separate them from the users selected cell borders. To improve Excel, I would recommend allowing a user to use the "Format Cells" or a new equally featured option. This will provide the ability to set a style, Fill, Font, Border, Alignment, Number, and Colors, that better contrast with the format of their worksheet cells. This makes the cells easier to see and reduces the time…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update option is not visible under File--> More--> Account-->Product Information.

Update option is not visible under File--> More--> Account-->Product Information. Help in any of the MS office products does not work. The message returned is "Internal error occurred while processing your request"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow boxed software to be uploaded

I spent a lot of money buying Office in a box with disks. Allow us to upload and use what we've paid for. Not all of us are rich like MS employees. You make me buy a new Mercedes every 6 months whenever I need air in my 10 year old Toyota's tires. You people are ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. support color emoji desktop mode

add color emoji in desktop excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Seleccion todas las hojas

Necesitamos un Comando para Seleccionar todas las hojas del Libro y copiarlas en otro Libro.
    Esto sirve para respaldar los archivos de Excel importantes que pueden llegar a dañarse
    Asi tenemos una copia PERIODICA con todos nuestra Base de Datos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. IFERROR function

IFERROR function returns 0 when there is an error. I would like to be able to provide value other than 0; for example, N/A, NO, or some other text string

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create custom table/pivot styles

Add a feature to let users create a custom table / pivot style and have this available in all sheets like we can with custom colors.

Additionally it would be really helpful to set the default custom style for all newly created workbooks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uppercase/Lowercase Cell Formatting

It would be awesome if you could format a cell to only return uppercase or lowercase or proper content. It was also be great if this was a conditional formatting option as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the OR equation

In the version of Excel I'm running (Microsoft 365, Version 2009 Build 13231.20262) there seems to be an issue with the OR equation. Cell A1 has either "n/a" or a number. I want to return true if A1 says "n/a" or the value in A1 is greater than 5.

My OR equation says this: OR("n/a",A1>5).

This statement is nonsensical, as the first logical statement doesn't refer to anything. However it still works in my version of Excel (but not other versions I learned, where it returns the #VALUE! error).

The OR statement should only work if it was revised to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve the data validation drop-down

The dropdown list for the data validation field has only 8 rows available. It should be easy for Office developers to make more than 8 rows available (and to add font size there too). This would reduce a lot of unnecessary scrolling in each field where a data validation is applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add isoline plot charts

It would be so helpful for many analyst to have isoline to describe 3d surfaces with 2d charts, without using other codes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 373 374
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base