Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. office start idear

i have an idea for office appearance when click on office icon then office start like written on glass plate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Needs to be able to save as UTF-8 csv file for standalone versions. Shouldn't have to upgrade for such a basi feature.

Why can you import a UTF-8 csv file and yet not be able to save it in the same format? That's such a basic feature that it should have been included at the same time as the UTF-8 csv import was provided. It should be provide and an update to existing versions of Excel that support the import. No one should have to update just to get a feature that should have been there from the beginning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. disable print preview

Ability to disable print preview. Rendering of the previews is slowing down some processes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Autofill needs to go back to the way it was.

Who the **** thought it was a good idea to autofill with random numbers when inputting data into a column? What an absolute pain in the butt to have to go back and UNDO it all. Seriously. Stop making stupid useless changes all in the name of "it's a new updated version". It's ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Great Idea: Stop fixing what is not Broken

Stop fixing what isn't broken. "The split cell command is command is only available in Word 2016 instead of Excel 2016."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to be able to save formulas that I used such as multiplication and division combinate simple. =25000/(450/(450+350)). URR

I would like to be able to save my own formulas to the quick tab, in a way that I could reused them without having to remember them in my next book. For example:
    Dividing the cost per unit made of two products
    =52000*(250/(250+150))
    Also school formulas that you may over use
    URR unadjusted rate of return which I could not figure if IRR was the same.
    For my class URR=Savings-annual expenses-depreciation/cost of investment or machine)
    Also I could not find a function for Brake even or to find Profit Target.
    Variances of price and materials.

Thank you,
    Yolanda

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. List sheet names vertically in a scrolling list sidepanel

The current way of navigating sheets is extremely slow and strenous and should be obsoleted and replaced with a vertically scrollable list sidepanel without the need of 3rd party add-ins.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add National Westminster bank uk to Excel Money

Add National Westminster bank uk to Excel Money

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Excel, o programa que mais atrapalha

o Excel é o programa que mais atrapalha minha vida no meu trabalho.

trava demais, para de responder, desaparece com minhas informações, perco trabalhos etc.

pior programa do mundo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why do you insist on default lines, borders, views, charts, gridlines really light shaded lines? Do you like to make things hard to see?

Why do you insist on making lines, borders, views, charts, gridlines really light shaded lines? Do you like to make things hard to see by default?

And why does one select options like "make this the dfault shape" not ACTUALLY MAKE THE DEFAULT SHAPE THAT LINE COLOR OR SHAPE AND YOUR FUCKINGSOFTWARE GOES RIGHT BACK TO WHAT YOUR * ** SOFTWARE ENGINEERS SET AS THE DEFAULT? FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Micro soft should pay for good suggestions on exel formulas.

Microsoft should pay for good suggestions on Excel formulas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 着色地图需要显示更多更准确的区划

用着色地图功能对湖南省14个地市进行绘制,其余13个地市都可以成功绘制,但唯独湘西自治州不能成功绘制,经与微软技术工程师测试谈讨,他也不能解决此问题,请尽快解决此类市级规划问题!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. spin button

Add a handle to 'spin button' (form control) so it can be turned left/ right as in forward and back to either increment the counter with left or right arrow, and also turned upside down so the arrows can indicate up the list or down the list, i.e. down arrow would increment the counter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Scotiabank to Money in Excel

Add Scotiabank to Money in Excel. I currently cannot download my transactions into money as Scotiabank is not an option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Modify Trend Function to follow end graph range data endpoints when inserting lines or columns

When graphing data I normally allow for insertion of new data, creating formulas that can be copied and pasted for calculations. Thus, I insert new lines, and copy formulas for calculations for new data, say weekly.
    Using the Trend function, I can now add the trend, extending my graph with this function. However, while I can insert new lines, then copy and pasting formulas for new data; trend data is typically at end point of the graphing data range. When inserting, this is the last line or lines of the graph, and doesn't change, or get copied because insertion occurs…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Excel sheet dates

It would be great to have a feature that converts your excel sheets into excel date sheets for weekly / daily reports. Sheets could be automatically generated based on an existing template and current week sheet could be pined for whenever the file is opened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There needs to be a right click option on exel TABS for comments.

It would be nice to have an option to put comments on TABS in excel.

I use pivot tables all the time and some of my files may have up to 15 TABS with Pivot Charts and many filters.

It would be nice to have a "Mouse Over" comment pop up on the tab reminding me exactly how I use that particular tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Build formula from string with reference to other cell/s with operator

I would like to be able to have a formula where in a formula can be build with operators in another cell. As an example where =formula(a1&b1&c1) where the cells would have 1 + 1. in other words b1 would have a + in it. This will make it possible to change operator in a large amount of formulas with only changing input in one cell.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding new financial institutions into Money in Excel

Import Mint Information (Intuit) into Money in Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Data Validation Drop-down List displays only 8 items.

Data Validation Drop-down List displays only 8 items. It is OK for small list but when we use big list, selecting an item from Drop-down List is very annoying. We want bigger display of Drop-down List.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 345 346
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base