Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Money In Excel - Add Capital One 360 Bank

Money In Excel - Add Capital One 360 Bank

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it to where you can use cell color as a reference point

I don't know of a way to use the cell color as a reference point in a formula, i.e. =IF(A2=Color X,(B2/C2),D2) I would like this capability.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stock Data for Singapore Stock Exchange - SGX

Hope to see data from Singapore Stock Exchange available in the Sock Data.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text to Columns Wizard - Select multiple columns when changing Column data format

Text to Columns Wizard - Select multiple columns when changing Column data format

On using the Text to Columns functionality, you can change the Column data format (step 3 of 3). You can only select one column at a time and set the format. It would be great to select multiple columns and change the column format to one specific format in one go.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Money for Excel...

My husband and I each have our own account at the same institution (2 different account #'s but 1 institution). It would be nice If I could set them both up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. update stock data type and STOCKHISTORY function with the ability to pull data from the Egyptian Stock Market

To be able to pull data from the Egyptian stock market using the Stock Data type and the STOCKHISTORY function

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Money in Excel - Add HSBC Bank

Please add to Money in Excel HSBC Bank. In USA, has $191B in assets, 43,000 employees, 228 branches. It is a shock this major bank is missing from Money in Excel.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. money in excel- saving categories and goals

Using money in excel to see saving account(s) organized with categories. Likely best as a template like Network and RecurringExpenses.

In the attached mockup to show the idea. The account has $2,250.00. and the users add categories, goals, and dates to help organize there saving account.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shift Mouse Scroll (Horizontal Scroll)

Please allow us users to navigate through the excel sheet left and right with Shift + Mouse Scroll.
    Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import data to Money for Excel from Quicken

Import data to Money for Excel from Quicken

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Money in Excel" - ability to split a transaction so it can be assigned to multiple categories

Allow users to split an entry into multiple transactions (e.g. a venmo transfer can be split and categorized into rent, restaurants/dining out, shopping, etc.)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Page Setup - Header/Footer - combined feature requests

This idea combines a host of ideas which all call for similar functionality. The individual postings score minimal votes but together they add to 75 votes. I raise this to combine the feature requests, so that it gets prominence as I would dearly like to see this addressed.

Features for the Header / Footer:
    1. include variables based on a cell reference
    2. more than one Picture and Shapes
    3. Print and save dates
    4. Number of pages of the sheet and of the workbook
    5. Add file properties (quick parts in Word)
    6. Option for the header/footer on the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. money in excel

Allow for future cashflow view. It would be great to see if I have enough money in a single bank account for the future transactions I have for the month (or further into the future). This allows me to see my future cashflow predictions which are not like having a budget. This is the one single feature that Tiller doesn't have, Money in Excel doesn't have and I have jerry-rigged in YNAB. This would include a view by bank with a balance column. I created this myself by adding a tab and using a combination of the 'unique' and 'filter'…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. XLOOKUP to return an array of ranges

Currently XLOOKUP can return an array of return values, given an array of search values, OR a range corresponding to a single search value. Like other functions, it does not return an array of ranges but, rather, truncates the calculation.

This may have been acceptable in the past when the expectation was to copy formulas across to return values that logically form an array. As dynamic arrays receive increasing use, the expectation will change and the failure of a range to spill will be far more problematic.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a CHOOSECELL function

Add a CHOOSECELL function. It should look like this: CHOOSECELL(columnletter,rownumber) and it will give you the cell you chose.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include Track Changes in Teams

As a engineering company we need to be able to track changes to a spreadsheet that is inside a teams tab.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sheet tabs

currently the amount of characters allowed per tab is 31 maximium. THIS IS NOT ENOUGH. please make an option to extend the amount to at least 100. If you do this you are good. If you don't you are bad. It is that simple.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Comment threads for workbook tabs

Add the ability to create comment threads for workbook tabs not just the individual cells; this would be very beneficial for large workbooks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, please fix the bug that the content of CSV file is displayed as text on the browser when you cl

In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, if you click the link of the CSV file on the Internet in the browser, the contents of the CSV file will be displayed as text on the browser.
    If you reinstall the previous Excel or desktop version, the CSV file will open normally in Excel, but please fix the bug so that the store application version of Excel 2019 will also open in Excel as well.

タイトル(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまう不具合を修正して欲しい。

本文(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまいます。
    以前のExcel、もしくは、デスクトップ版を再インストールすればCSVファイルが正常にExcelで開かれますが、Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版でも同様にExcelで開くよう不具合を修正して欲しい。

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Money In Excel- AutoCategorize Transactions

I'm still figuring out how Money in Excel auto-categorizes merchants. I'm assuming it's based on merchant MCC codes.

It would be wonderful if categorization could be done with a simple vlookup based on merchants listed on a separate tab.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base