Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Right Click > Filter > Clear all

I have a large spreadsheet which I occasionally need to filter.

It would save me loads of time if Clear All could be added to the right click > filter options, instead of just clear the column I'm in, or reapply the filter.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we please get IntelliSense for LAMBDA functions?

Add the ability to define arguement prompts when using a LAMBDA function

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get rid of scientific notation being automatically applied on large numbers

Excel automatically converts large numbers to scientific notation. This is possibly the most useless and annoying feature ever. Please stop.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Correção na documentação da função SOMA

Correção na documentação da função SOMA.

Correção da documentação na função SOMA, como neste exemplo anexo informa que se deve informar de 1 a 255 "números" mas que na verdade são argumentos, podendo dentro delas constar números, célula, intervalo de células, funções ou fórmulas e não somente números, para um usuário que está começando e lê isto pode, e já
    foi presenciado, inserir de forma manual números nos argumentos por não ter o conhecimento e não estar especificado de forma correta a diversas formas que pode ser aplicada.
    Como sugestão alterar o "núm1;núm2"... para arg1;arg2... e de 1 a 255…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New version of the VBA Editor

Excel is subject to so many great updates with new features, but it seems, that the VBE remained the same since first introduced. Can you please upgrade the VBE to a state of the art editor similar to Visual Studio or other programming editors? Excel Makros are a great feature, used in so many workbooks, but the editor looks and feels like from the 90ies;)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Corrigir descrição da opção "Remover Duplicatas" no Microsoft Excel

Corrigir descrição da opção "Remover Duplicatas" no Microsoft Excel

No caminho Dados>Ferramentas de Dados temos a opção "Remover Duplicatas".

"Duplicatas" no Comércio significa: "título de crédito nominativo pelo qual o comprador fica obrigado a pagar, em determinada data, a quantia correspondente à fatura de mercadoria vendida a prazo."

Ao deixarmos o mouse na opção já aparece "Duplicatas" que está errado por fazer confusão ao comercio, e no texto em seu "balão" aparece como "Duplicadas", onde o seu único significado é "que ou o que se duplicou; que foi copiado por uso de artefato próprio ou manuscrito (diz-se de documento ou…

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timespan calculus

Currently, in cells formatted as time ([$-x-systime]h:mm:ss AM/PM), if I sum 16:00 and 12:00, I get 04:00. I would like to have the possibility of getting 28:00.

Maybe this could be achieved through a new TimeSpan cell format that would show the absolute number of years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds, etc. without a calendar, according to the selected format.

So, 28:00 could, also, be shown as "1 day and 4 hours", or "1d4h", depending on the format selected by the user.

Those TimeSpan cells would operate with other cell formats nicely. It would be possible to add a time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Worksheet Sorter" for Excel

A useful tool in PowerPoint is the "Slide Sorter" which allows you to quickly view, navigate and rearrange many slides. I think adding a "Worksheet Sorter" in Excel's "View" tab would be just as useful, and would make navigating 20+ worksheets much, much easier. If you agree with me please vote!

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow UNIQUE() to operate on a rectangular range, returning all unique values

The new Dynamic Array function UNIQUE is awesome. It can return all of the unique items in a column or in a row. But it would be nice if the second argument could accept a 3 to indicate cell-by-cell.
    For example, see the screenshot below.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sheet View - behavior of Default

There is a behavior documented here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sheet-views-in-excel-0eea3dc5-d7d1-44c5-a953-25ebfbd6c1a6
    and it works like designed: "When you use Sheet View in desktop Excel and save your document, any sorts and filters you have made will appear in the Default view for all users. Sheet Views are not affected."
    But: Why do you then call it "Default" ? It should be like "last applied view"
    It's really very confusing - as if someone opens this excel, anyone else in a "sheet view", modifies the used Filter-Range, it will be modified also in <Default>-View, as this shows the latest change of ANY Filter-adoption in sheet…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sheet View - AutoFilter should remain for every - or until you change it in your own View

There is a very dangerous behavior, if someone REMOVES this AutoFilter in one of theirs SheetView:
    It disappears also from EVERYWHERE - and every selection in several views is gone!!

This happens also, if anyone changes it in "Default" - View. As this view is more like "it's the view of the latest change in any sheetView"

I can't find any option where I could "save" my settings for this AutoFilter, or something similar - like checkbox: never remove my autofilter via change of any other view or default - per default set to Yes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Money in Excel - Import Transactions

In Money in Excel, it would be nice to have the option to import transactions. I have transactions I would like to include in my spreadsheet, but they aren't able to be imported via Plaid.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Option To Disable Disclaimer

As it stands, every time I open up an Excel file that has connections to get Stock data, there is a disclaimer right below the Ribbon. I want to disable this message instead of having to press the X every time I open the file.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Power Query Advanced editor

Please add Find/Replace to the Power Query Advanced Editor. Please! Please again!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lock workbooks/cell ranges to some users

At present, you can lock cells, but then you are locking them from yourself as well as a colleague. There should be a feature where I can allow users access to certain cell ranges, while the workbook remains unlocked to me, the author. Also, I should be able to grant access to a cell range to Colleague 1, and grant access to another cell range to Colleague 2. They need access to their section to work, without the worry that they can edit and make a mistake in my sections.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow me to run multiple instances of Excel again (as in 2010)

The intent here is to allow me to disable auto-calculation on one (1) spreadsheet, without disabling it on all open spreadsheets. I should then be able to manually trigger calculation on one (1) spreadsheet without triggering calculation on all open spreadsheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'd like to avoid the "DISCLAIMER regarding financial market information... etc." - please allow possibility to tick off after reading

Hi
    Seeing the "DISCLAIMER regarding financial market information is provided as-is... etc." multiple times is annoying.
    Please provide a possibility to tick off the disclaimer after having read it - potentially based on the user, so it pops up ONE TIME for each new user of the spread sheet.
    I hereby hope NEVER to see the Disclaimer after having seen it ONCE in the same spreadsheet :-)

Regards
    Søren

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Money in Excel is not signing in

Money in Excel is not letting to sign in nor through Excel desktop neither through online. No error message appear, software just not letting to sign in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make 1 button that does all of the following: Merge & Center, Wrap text, Left align, Top Align.

I use excel to take notes in class and when I copy and paste paragraphs into a cell and want it to look like a paragraph, I have to select the range of cells I want to merge, then merge them,. Then I have to "wrap text", then I have to left align, then I have to top align. Make 1 button that does it all. Stay classy San Diego

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. in the slicer tool add a search Textbox

In ordinary PivotTables one can find a Search Textfield within the Filter Function of a PivotTable Field (dropdown arrow Menu).
    I would like to have such a Search Text Box within a slicer toolbar. See Screenshots below. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base