Many dialog boxes display gibberish when double-byte languages (kanji/chinese/etc) should be displayed. Some dialog boxes allow these, while others do not. Please enable all programming objects to use/store/display double byte.1 vote
Can you list the dialogs where you see a problem (and the version of Excel that you’re using)?
1. More inverse cumulative distribution functions (Poisson, Exponential, Negative Binomial, Weibull, etc.);
2. Ability to confine the distribution between certain values;
3. Ability to generate / simulate time series;
4. Ability to sample/simulate all inverse cumulative distribution functions without continuously recalculating the workbook (ex. run the simulation behind the scenes much like the current IRR function operates though iteration);
5. Ability to correlate distributions;
6. Ability to run sensitivity analysis on the results;
It is currently possible to build all of the above functionalities through VBA but having dedicated tools will bring considerable efficiency improvements.11 votes
Thanks for logging this, Lyubomir. How do you do these today? Is deeper integration with R potentially useful for such scenarios, at least for the analysis?
- Don't see your idea?