Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. to be able to flip an inserted picture

to be able to flip an inserted picture

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stacked waterfall chart

add a way to create stacked waterfall chart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Replace the Excel 2016 icon in Power Query

Currently, Power Query uses the Excel 2016 logo as its icon in the top left corner of the Power Query window and in the taskbar. Please change this to either the Excel 2019 logo or a logo that is specific to Power Query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Histograma

Utilização de diversas linhas e colunas para a criação do histograma, ao invés de apenas uma linha ou uma coluna.
    Isso iria facilitar muito a vida de diversas pessoas.
    Número de protocolo da conversa com o suporte do Office: 1002625096

Use of several rows and columns to create the histogram, instead of just a row or column.
    This would make life easier for many people.
    Protocol number of the conversation with Office support: 1002625096

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Logarithmic scales should not be restricted to 10x

The units in logarithmic scales should be more flexible : main unit should be the basis of the exponential, the secondary unit should be the number of linear units per exponential unit (the one that shows with decreasing spacing)
    e.g. in a logarithmic graph with main unit 2 and secondary unit 6 and minimum of 3 should show evenly spaced main scale : 3, 6, 12, 24, etc.. the scale between 3 and 6 would be divided by increments of .5, the one between 6 and 12 by increments of 1, etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Which option is the best- hiring a Freelancer or an illustration service?

I was someone who originally followed my profession in the world of chemical engineering. But it wasn't a lot of fun for me. Crunching information all day long may be something that some people enjoy, but I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it. Then, I started working on something that I've been planning to do for a long time. I found my interest in illustration. It wasn't easy for a couple of years but then gradually I started offering the best children's book illustration services. Soon, I began to work with a firm too. And from my experiences I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. XY-graphics export as vector graphics

Since Office 2003, the lines in Excel diagrams are exportet as surfaces. For graphical editing of the diagram, e.g. giving other line styles which are not available in Excel, this is catastrophic. Please include the option to export or copy or paste a simplified vector graphic where lines and curves are exported as lines and curves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase the series limit or develop a new chart

I feel like I am talking to a machine which is giving me answers to questions I have not asked, and then I get another sales pitch before you have done anything, and then other terms and conditions which were not provided before my payment and which I do NOT accept. I am not impressed. Also, there is no information about your process until I pay more.

I am attaching the files for you to have a look at and then give me a recommendation: there is an Excel example and short description of the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create Borders from the inner side of the border of a cell

Often we want to highlight a set of columns with different border colors and thicknesses and when coloring adjacent columns, the last formatting is set.
    To overcome this we usually insert an empty column and have the borders separated.

Can it be that the border property of a cell draw the line thickness from inside until the outer limit of the cell instead from the center of the border??? And to cover the cell interior property, the border can just override the interior color of the cell, in this way, adjacent cells can have distinct colors of borders in such…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adicionar Suplemento Power View em outras licenças de Office

Sugiro que o suplemento de Power view seja disponibilizado para mais modalidades de licenças de Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Punkt-Wolke-Diagramm (xy-Diagramm)

Da häufig Diagramme dargestellt werden, sollte man die DIN 461 berücksichtigen. D.h eine Zuordnung der Achsenmaßstäbe. Beispiel:
    1Volt auf der x-Achse soll nach dem Ausdruck genau 1cm auf der Seite entsprechen.Oder eine andere vorgegebene Länge.
    Diese Einstellung sollte ohne VBA-Programmierung funktionieren.Man kann die Größe des Diagramms einstellen, aber nicht den Maßstab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can we enable draw with single mouse click or auto start after each click instead of keep pressing mouse button to draw.

Pen Draw requires to keep pressing mouse button which make it difficult especially for the new users. If we enable draw with mouse click and keep moving mouse only then drawing will be more easy.

Also we can pause drawing after each click for a short while to reduce clicks and stop drawing activity with right click or Escape button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic dark/light theme

Bring automatic dark theme to all office applications based on Windows 10 System theme

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. WINDOWS 10X64, EXCEL 365, HOME X64. VBA statement "Application.ScreenUpdating=False"

WINDOWS 10x64, EXCEL 365, HOME x 64. VBA statement "Application.ScreenUpdating=False" doesn't prevent screen function. It slows down dramatically PC performances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem nach neustem Update mit der Bildschirmlupe

Nach dem letzten Update funktioniert Excel nicht mehr mit der Bildschirmlupe von Windows. Es funktioniert im normalen Zustand, aber sobald ich die Lupe benutze, kann ich nichts eintragen oder bearbeiten. Excel stürzt einfach ab und das Program schließt. Wenn ich es wieder öffne, ist mein Dokument in der Wiederherstellungsleiste drin.
    Wie gesagt, es gibt das Problem nur mit der Lupe. Ohne Lupe funktioniert alles gut.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow export of box and whisker plot as vector

Other graphs can be copy-pasted as vectors into programs such as Illustrator, but box plots only paste as rasters. I want to be able to edit the plot in Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To make it possible to determine the bounds of a chart by cells for upper and lower

To make it possible to determine the bounds of a chart by cells for upper and lower levels. Most charts will look more interesting when lower bound is always zero. Especially advantageous when input for charts will differ (stocks)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Default Background

I recently bought Microsoft Office Student bundled with a new Dell computer and monitor.

When I opened Excel, I thought I saw a discoloration in the upper right-hand part of the screen (see attached pictures). The discoloration was not position specific; if I changed the display window size, the location of the discoloration changed. After some investigation, the Dell representative told me that it was a setting in the program that was causing the irregular pattern. This was simply fixed by changing the background pattern to clear from clouds.

My suggestion is that the default background pattern in Excel be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When adding a new screen - don't reset the view.

Whenever I open a document in a second screen (so two screens, one document), it resets the frozen panes and zoom function.
    I get that you would want to be able to change this, but I think it would be better to let the default function be the current settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enhanced Data Point Markers

Four new data point markers could greatly expand nomogram creation by allowing adjacent scales on opposite sides of the same base line. They would look like the + data point marker with one arm removed or with three arms removed. For example, see my spiral slide rule in the attached file. With adjacent scales, a precise cursor is not required to transfer values between scales.

To better support this kind of chart, better control over the position of data point labels is needed. I know that I can move an individual data point label, but I need to move ALL…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base