Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi user filtering without changing view of other users on desktop

The possibility for each user to have their own filtered view is already available for the web app. But still not implemented in the desktop app!

Since most of my colleagues rely on the desktop app, sometimes it's confusing to collaborate in big documents where each user has to use their own filters.

Please extend this already implemented feature on the web app also on the desktop app.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easy dynamic charts using dynamic arrays

Dynamic arrays are great! Please let us use them (in chart series) for dynamic charting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to add the desired value (Unit) in Y-Axis of chart.

During preparation of line chart I am not able to get my desired value on Y-Axis. For example if 73 and 4 are the two values (units) that I want on Y axis I cant show these two value unless I fix Major / Minor Unit to 1. So my suggestion is to add an additional Axis option to put the desired values (units) apart from fix units. Please check the attached screen shot for detail description of problem and suggestion.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. logarithmic axises on the base of 10 which start and end in the middle of a decade

Even Harward Graphics of the 1998th was able to show logarithmic axises on the base of 10 where the diagram starts at a position in the middle of a decade. Up tp now, Excel changes the base of the logarithm when I want to show data with e.g. 3 < x < 30. I often need a diagram between 3 < x < 30 on the base of 10, not of 3. But I dont want to have the empty area between 1 < x < 3 and 30 <x < 100.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Link Map

Make linking options available for Map Chart Types.

I would like to be able to link the title of my maps to cells within my workbook to make it quicker and easier to update them but it is currently not available for Maps.
    See the first note on the following link:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Link-a-chart-title-label-or-text-box-to-a-worksheet-cell-efc8173a-2a8a-423b-b4e2-b10c62fca6f5

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preserve formatting when selecting new data for a visual

When you have a visual, and then you format it, but have to select a new dataset afterwards, excel always seems to lose the formatting. I haven't found a way around this yet but it seems like it should be fixed!

I'm talking about when you change colors and fonts, specifically. Templates are a little clunky to use as well, even though they should help with bypassing this problem they're not helpful when all your workbooks are in OneDrive because the templates can only save to a desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Waterfall chart - option to show in chart variance between Totals (like ThinkCell)

Hi,

Seems like a huge (but easily fixable) downfall in functionality that you cannot show a connector between Totals to show the variance from one total to the other. It should be like ThinkCell where you could tick a "show variances between Totals" and then visually you can see them within the chart. This is an extremely useful functionality specially for building dashboards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expanded Funnel Chart

I would like a more robust Funnel Chart where it can easily graph the following conditions:
    1. Center is not at 0.
    2. Each of the bars is not symmetrical about the center.
    3. With a positive center value, at least of the bars can be negative.

I will include a small dummy spreadsheet called "TornadoExampleMicrosoft.xlsx" where there are seven factors. Notice that the bars are not symmetrical about the midpoint. I would like to be able to create these graphs with much less effort.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Contour maps

Can we add contour maps to 3D maps. Would love the ability to graph data directly onto them

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saving Excel forms and graph to PDF's

I have done a couple graphs and save a PDF to submit to my professor of physics, and after last weeks update my excel won't plot points on the linear trendline. They show on the excel spreadsheet, but when converted to submit to document they don't show on the graph, so I forced in plot point numbers for the professor, but need this fixed. I am attaching a reference file of the original excel, and saved PDF's to submit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Contour plot aspect ratio

I often have highly rectangular data, such as 8x256 or 20x1800, and want to put them on a 3d graph such as a contour plot. In matplotlib I can tell the plotter to stretch and interpolate (or don't interpolate) the intermediate values, but can't in excel. I would like that to change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add a second secondary scale to a pivot chart

It would be great to have an ability to add a second secondary scale to a pivot chart. For example, on the primary vertical scale I'm measuring dollar value, and on the secondary vertical scale I'm measuring units sold for two different products (thus I have two different lines on my chart) but the scale of these two units sold varies widely between the two different product types; one has monthly volume in the 10's of thousands and the other is only a few hundred.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message instead of empty chart

I would like charts to display a message instead of an empty chart if the data is missing or contains errors.
    Custom message is preferred.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Intelligent options for data labels in charts

We need better options for formatting and positioning data labels in charts.

*better positioning options, including above left, below left, above right, below right, etc.

*ability to specify offset (distance from data point), both horizontal and vertical

*ability to nudge data labels with keyboard arrows

*better number formats (see https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/14817276-intelligent-number-formatting-in-chart-axes)

*ability to display label for min or max data point, for first data point, for last data point, for every other data point, etc.

*Tickbox option for all the data labels to match data color or some such (match the font of the data label to the line color,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatic formating of trendline equations

When the equation and R2 value of a trendline is displayed on a graph, the border of the textbox around these values should be automatically formatted to look the same as the trendline (in colour and line type).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. säkerhet

program fel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PivotChart arrays

Often, it is useful to see multiple similar PivotCharts side by side, rather than repeatedly change filters on a single PivotChart. It would also be useful to have easy control over the differences between the PivotCharts, rather than change each PivotChart individually.

Please add 2 more areas to the PivotChart Fields pane: rows and columns. When a field is added to the rows, a vertical array of PivotCharts should be created, 1 for each value in the field. Similarly, when a field is added to the columns, a horizontal array of PivotCharts should be created, 1 for each value in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Quickly convert graphs for those with color blindness

Often I make graphs for an audience that includes folks that are color-blind. It is tedious to change the lines by hand, I would like a way to quickly convert to line styles instead of colors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base