Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a Reporting Ribbon to Excel to consolidate and highlight the amazing capabilities of Power Query and Power Pivot

Tables, Power Query, Power Pivot and Pivot Tables are amazing tools that will transform the way people build their reports, but only once they know about them!

Let's SHOUT about how good these things are and how well they work together by putting them onto a single new Ribbon called "Reporting" - something like the attached image.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. select date for open/close stock

You should be able to pick dates when selecting stock info.

E.g set the date as 06/11/2019 to get XNAS:MSFT open price on that day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vertical, Hierarchical Worksheet Tab Column at the right instead of Worksheet tabs at the bottom

Instead of having worksheet tabs at the bottom of the viewing window, put the worksheet tabs in a column to the far right. This way you can see more tabs on the screen at a time and use longer more descriptive worksheet titles. This would make worksheets much easier to navigate and organize. Furthermore it would be great to make the tabs able to be hierarchical as in the attached example where Schedule 4 has a drop-down arrow that that reveals tabs for sub-schedules a, b and c. Of course please keep all of the fill color options for the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. peek at a tab

Show a preview of the last area viewed on a tab when you hover a the cursor over a tab. It would make it really easy to peek at other tabs and read / view relevant information when working on another tab,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Like copy down (control+d), I would like to see a copy up (control+u)

Like copy down (control+d) to copy cell immediately above, I would like to see a copy up (control+u) to copy cell immediately below

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Continent/Region Fields To Geography Data Type

I would like to see two additional properties that would be very useful in grouping a large list of countries while using the Geography Data Type: Continent and Region (EMEA, APAC, AMER)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Help

Stop going to the HELP Menu Tab in the ribbon. It's not helpful, it's very annoying. If I want Help I'll select the tab myself

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feeling need for undo application for "deleted worksheet"

Feeling need for undo application for "deleted worksheet"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make data validation work with names!

The list in data validation doesn't accept names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please develope Uservoice to run the commands i.e. Bold, Print, Align Right shoud be done upon user's voice command.

Please develope Uservoice to run the commands i.e. Bold, Print, Align Right shoud be done upon user's voice command.

This will save a lot of time while doing a massive data compilation, where the similar commands are required time and again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How about a searchable dropdown list on data validation?

How about a searchable dropdown list on data validation?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give feedback regularly on suggestions on UserVoice for Excel (at least for the popular or hot ones)

It's great to be able to suggest improvements to Excel, express our frustration with features that don't work as expected or communicate use case that we, as users, think should be supported. It's a great opportunity for Excel to improve brand involvement, attachment and brand responsiveness (and of course of improving the product and user satisfaction).
    BUT
    feedback from admins is so irregular and infrequent... sometimes years... even on some of the most popular suggestions
    that this site end's up contributing to our frustration and eroding the trust in the Excel brand.
    Microsoft Excel is a strong brand, but no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vertical, Hierarchical Worksheet Tab Column at the right instead of Worksheet tabs at the bottom

Instead of having worksheet tabs at the bottom of the viewing window, put the worksheet tabs in a column to the far right. This way you can see more tabs on the screen at a time and use longer more descriptive worksheet titles. This would make worksheets much easier to navigate and organize. Furthermore it would be great to make the tabs able to be hierarchical as in the attached example where Schedule 4 has a drop-down arrow that that reveals tabs for sub-schedules a, b and c. Of course please keep all of the fill color options for the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Colar Especial - Valores Únicos

Ao copiar dados de uma coluna com vários dados repetidos.
    Como temos a opção com o botão direito do mouse de Colar Especial > Valores, poderia ter uma opção de Colar Especial > Valores Únicos.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I use 2 monitors to avoid printing, could there be a ruler that I can put on top of my data to help me follow along?

It would help in editing and avoid printing if we could have a ruler that would go over various apps, like a PDF, Excel or Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase the 32,767 charachter limit per cell

When using the WEBSERVICE function to call API data, it is very constricting to what this function can do if a single cell can only contain 32,767 characters. If the character limit was increased or there was a way to go around this limit that would make working with files that have more that 32,767 possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a menu item to "Hide all notes"

I inadvertently clicked "Show all notes". I had to hide them all individually - on a multi tabbed workbook with over 100 notes. A "Hide all notes" menu item would really help. I did look at multiple forums but couldn't find a way to do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. excel tap (like internet browser tap)

It is very uncomfortable to work with several windows using Excel. Please update the device so that it can be moved between Excel and Excel through the tab at the top, just like an Internet browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recover lost 7zip file password?

Recover your lost 7zip file password without any failure in sometimes by the use of mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. you can recover a lot of 7z files password without losing saved data. this software can support all windows and 7z version.

More info:- https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When creating a data validation drop down box, allow use of list, already created at File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists

I've already created a list at: File, Options,Advanced, Edit Custom Lists... Why should I create a new list for my data validation drop down? Why not allow me to use the list already created?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base