Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. formatação de célula especial - special cell formatting

Adicionar mais opções, ou deixar o usuário inserir suas próprias opções na formatação especial de célula (Imagem), como placa de carros, documentos com textos, ou até mesmo colocar seu próprio formato ali

Add more options, or let the user enter their own options in the special cell formatting (Image), such as car board, documents with text, or even put their own format there

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pick color in Excel Like at Powerpoint

In Powerpoint there is a color picker tool to bring custom colors to the pallete.

Many times we need to do it using PowerPoint to get the RGB combination to be used in Excel.

Could you replicate this color picker into Excel in the same way it exists in PowerPoint?

Portuguese:

Conta-gotas PowerPoint

No Powerpoint existe uma ferramenta para pegar as cores e retornar para a paleta, o conta-gotas.

Vocês podem fazer o mesmo no Excel?

Porque muitas vezes nós precisamos fazer isso usando o PowerPoint para pegar o RGB e colocar no Excel.

1,206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Dax Formatter" Nativo no Power Pivot (Excel & Power BI)

Um sugestão seria ter um botão na "Caixa de Diálogo"
    Medidas no Power Pivot (Excel) para "identar" as funções DAX digitadas, como mostra o anexo.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of scientific notation being automatically applied on large numbers

Excel automatically converts large numbers to scientific notation. This is possibly the most useless and annoying feature ever. Please stop.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color palette choices - doesnt save color I like

So this has been an issue for a long time and no improvement here.
    I want to highlight a cell in a certain light green color that i like. None of the colors you provide for standard or recently used or your theme colors are what i like. The recently used colors dont last long. We need a strip there that has the colors we want to save forever, not just for a day. Please add that. i always have to go to the More Colors and find it. That is ridiculous and time consuming. why not let us save…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel subcells (unlimited formatting possibilities)

Spreadsheets needs a radical improvement, no spreadsheets at the moment allows subcolumns creating subcells. This would improve the formatting dramatically. We should not have just letters, A, B, C, D... we should be able to divide these columns (letters) in subcolumns and subcells A, A1, A2... but...
    How these spreadsheets would be read? Easy.
    As they are right now (classic style).No subcolumn, no subcell, Column A, Row 2: Read: A2
    Advanced style (subcolumn and subcells), subcolumn A1 Row 2: Read A1#2
    Just columns could be divided with subcolumns, this generates a subcell (comprised with the subcolumn and the row)
    Rows…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Distribute Columns Evenly

Excel should make a feature to allow the user to distribute columns evenly

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Defined Number Formats with VBA

Allow users to create functions like UDFs, whose result is a formatting code string that is applied to cells. Such a function's name would appear in the Number tab of cell formatting (analogously to a UDF being available for use in formulas). The function should use a cell's value, and also have access to a "number of digits" value from the cell formatting dialog, just as several built-in formats have.

Many complicated formats can be created using conditional formatting and custom formatting syntax, sometimes combined. Yet there are times when that either doesn't suffice or requires very cumbersome work.

This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix conditional formatting range splitting

Conditional formatting is helpful, but it often breaks due to the ranges it applies to being split. So end up with 1000's of little rules create a nightmare.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CONDITIONAL FORMATTING OF FONT TYPE + FONT SIZE

IT IS ABOUT TIME TO ENABLE THE CONDITIONAL FORMATTING FEATURES SUCH AS FONT TYPE + FONT SIZE.

Thanks,
    Michael (Micky) Avidan
    MS Excel MVP (2009-2022)
    ISRAEL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make 1 button that does all of the following: Merge & Center, Wrap text, Left align, Top Align.

I use excel to take notes in class and when I copy and paste paragraphs into a cell and want it to look like a paragraph, I have to select the range of cells I want to merge, then merge them,. Then I have to "wrap text", then I have to left align, then I have to top align. Make 1 button that does it all. Stay classy San Diego

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make formatting of individual words visible in formula bar.

Please make it possible to see formatting of individual words in formula bar (bold, italic, font color, superscript, subscript etc). Currently formatting is visible in the cell but not the formula bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to paste pictures directly into a cell

It would be very helpful to have the ability to paste an image directly into a cell in an Excel file. And then within that cell you can still resize the image so that your row/column isn't a crazy size. That way when rows or columns are grouped together & collapsed then the image would also collapse with the designated cell.

I work for an interior design firm and my company uses Excel for all of our Furniture, lighting, Art & accessory procurement. We need to include images in these documents to send to clients, trades and for installs. When…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Text Formatting Functions

Add formatting functions to enable formula-driven text output. Such functions could include BOLD(), ITALICS(), UNDERLINE(), and STRIKETHRU(). This is similar to some other user suggestions like functions for superscript and subscript, and it would be especially helpful for concatenated text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to lock a cell or number of cells without having to protect the sheet or workbook.

To be able to lock cells or groups of cells without having to protect the whole sheet or workbook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the status bar at the bottom, I would like an option to display a cell's format

The only way that I know of to see a cell's format category (e.g., General, Number, Date, etc.) is to right-click and hit Format. I would like if there was an option in the status bar called "Cell Format."

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. So importieren Sie TGZ in Outlook

Ich möchte Outlook Converter Software eine kommerzielle Lösung wie TGZ vorschlagen. Dieses Tool importiert TGZ-Elemente wie E-Mails, Kontakte, Journale, Notizen usw. Diese App importiert TGZ in Outlook und verschiedene Dateiformate wie PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCard, vCal usw.

Weiterlesen: http://www.zimbra-converter.com/info/export-zimbra-tgz-to-pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A number format that lets you put zeros at the beginning of a number reference, like 00794411 for example.

Many utilities have zeros in front of the meter or company references(00794411), when paying invoices or bills, that have to be included to pay them and when corresponding with the utility companies, as it's not valid to them if the zeros aren't there. So there should be an option in the number formatting section for reference numbers including zeros in front, where it doesn't take away zeros in front of the reference, but lets you put as many zeros in front of it as you like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. excel split

to convert dig sized excel(say 4 lakh line) to 5000 line in each excal file keeping first line in commmon for all record

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add option to "do not refresh row height on pivot table headings"

I have set the header text to wrap and adjusted the height on the pivot table header rows, but every time I refresh or select to filter data, it resizes the header row despite having selected "Preserve Cell Formatting on Refresh". Perhaps have an option "Preserve Heading Row Formatting on Refresh".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base