Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Print to JPG function

the ability to choose a JPG printer. I have to save as a PDF then export the PDF to jpg. Would like to skip several steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option in 365 to MANUALLY print on both sides!

In my old Microsoft Excel, I had the option to manually print on both sides. In the 365 version, I have no option to do that. So even if my printer says it will duplex print, it still prints 2 sheets because my printer needs a MANUAL fix of paper (which I don't mind doing). But not having that option is really fu*king up my work and wasting a sh*t ton of paper. Now I have to take more time to print each document section by section because of that non manual feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clarify which Print Preview (Ctrl+P) settings are global vs. per-worksheet

The print preview and settings window that appears with Ctrl+P needs to clearly distinguish which settings are global (set once per print job) and which settings are worksheet specific (set per worksheet in preview, or in the Page Layout tab's Page Setup dialog box). Otherwise you assume that changing any setting in the print preview and settings window will apply to the print area selected (especially Print Entire Workbook).

For example, the Printer drop down and print area drop down (e.g. Print Entire Workbook) are global settings. Group these under a heading that makes that clear. Meanwhile Scaling (e.g. Fit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option for saving a preset or template for multiple custom margins.

As of now, we do not have an option for saving a preset or template for multiple custom margins. Please add such a feature. It is so helpful and *much required for me*.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I Freeze Panes can it also set Print Titles and vice-versa if I'm given the choice

When I set Print Titles, can there be an option check box to set Freeze Pane at the same time based on the Print Titles Rows/Columns being locked for Printing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Printing some input in color

Print colored typing on screen in color on printer, or show instructions for this more easy to find. I don't know how to attach this file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a cell property that is printed vs non-printed

cell contents should have parameter that is printing or not printing so that we dont have to hide entire rows or columns. in various CAD programs you can have entities that are non-printing but used for "construction" purposes. Same concept.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a property for cells that toggles printing of cell contents.

there should be a property for each cell that allows you to turn off printing of its contents. Some cells you want to be visible on the screen (without hiding entire rows or columns) but non-printing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Print Preview Should Display in the Colour That is Being Printed

I would like to see Print Preview display whatever colour is being printed. eg B & W printing Print Preview displays B & W.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow

Return again to be able to print a "selection only" without having to go to one drive. Why did you make something MORE complicated?

Want to print only the tables but it won't print the top 2 of 4 tables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let people select their paper size regardless of their printer

Excel retrieves its list of paper sizes from the printer driver. But nowadays, we are no longer directly connected to the printer. We create the document and send it to the print service. More often, the only printer we have installed is the Send To OneNote virtual printer that does not have A5 or any other popular sizes.

Please feed a list of well-known paper names to Excel and let us select them independent of the printer driver, including all the ISO 216 paper sizes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. please add A3 size paper option for printing in Microsoft Office

please add A3 size paper option for printing in Microsoft Office

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using Indirect function inside of Conditional Formatting, I have no visual information on PDF/Printer (no color)

When we have indirect function in conditional formatting which is using to look for exact name of the cell instead of value in the cell, which is good if we removing data from rows/columns, etc., we do not see that data colored in PDF/Printer. Right now I am using Excel 2013 in Office and that is not working. I have contacted support from Microsoft twice but no much help.

I hope this will be fixed soon.

Thanks !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Define Font that does not distort printing settings

Placing an image in Excel and printig it will give a distorted result. The problem has been around for years and is obviously difficult to fix (see https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/08fa689a-6e8e-4850-99e4-f1600e385522/excel-distorts-image-when-printing?forum=excel ).
    A simple workaround is using the Corbel-Font, which is almost ok, but the result is not perfect.

To save users thousands of hours of time, could you please develop a font (call it "Print"?) which is adopted to give better results? Especially keeping the correct width-height-ratio, preferably also keeping the correct point-sizes when copying into powerpoint "as shown when printed".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. εκτύπωση σημειώσεων

Στην έκδοση 365 αν και παρέχεται η εκτύπωση των σημειώσεων στο τέλος τους υπολογιστικού φύλου και όπως εμφανίζεται στο υπολογιστικό φύλλο, με το δεδομένο ότι πρόκειται για υπολογιστικό φύλλο και οι σημειώσεις μπορεί να εμφανίζονται σε γειτονικά κελιά, είτε κάποιος μπορεί να επιλέξει να εμφανίζονται στο υπολογιστικό φύλλο και άρα σ' αυτή την περίπτωση δεν δύναται επίσης να φαίνεται και η τιμή στο κελί με κάποιον τρόπο (αυτό συμβαίνει ακόμη και αν κάποιος έχει διαμορφώσει την επιλογή για το μέγεθος των σημειώσεων ώστε να μην επικαλύπτει η μία την άλλη, ή να τις τυπώσει στο τέλος όπου εμφανίζεται η λίστα…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Print preview button

I would like to see a 'print preview' button on the ribbon for one-click viewing as I make changes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to highlight a group of cells (eg. a column) and print those using Right-Click. Not available currently.

I would like to highlight a group of cells (eg. a column) and print those cells using Right-Click. Not available currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow user to undo new updates (i.e. return print grid to default, allow color change to individual rows, etc.)

allow user to return default settings to a previous version, such as Office 2010. New version is too complicated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)