Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ticket #12395436 - Excel arabic

Hi, we experience an issue with MS Excel and the arabic language pack: User does right click on desktop and selects new Excel Workbook. New Workbook opens and first column A is on the right of the sheet and title of the sheet is arabic. If user just starts excel and creates a new workbook within excel all is working as expected, only if user selects new workbook from right click to desktop this happens. We installed the arabic language pack and this seems to affect the default template of excel.

The same issue is already reported for Office2007 and…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alt+ shortcuts are stuck/hanging in the ribbon and require a mouse click to continue. Have tried endless options to no avail.

All of my ALT+ shortcuts are not working properly. For example ALT+H+H+N to remove fill on a cell does the following: the execution is preformed, the fill is removed, but my selection remains on the home tab of the ribbon and does not allow me to continue navigating the sheet. This is true for all ALT+ shortcuts, and randomly started occurring today. I have tried repairing, reinstalling, restarting, etc. etc.etc.

I rely heavily on ALT shortcuts as Im not one to constantly click the ribbon tools.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP TURNING OFF THE ******* NUMLOCK. ******* YOU MICROSOFT.

STOP TURNING OFF THE ******* NUMLOCK. ******* YOU MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the "There's a problem with the clipboard" issue

The issue with "There's a problem with the clipboard..." while copy and pasting is still as issue. I was using Office 2010 and there was no problem. I am now using Office 365 and this issue is prevalent. It manifests itself when pasting a value from a cell containing a formula and disappears when disabling Live Preview. I was able to copy and paste "normal" cell contents fine before the error message appears so the official response of "another program has locked the clipboard" doesn't really hold up. It looks more like Excel has locked the clipboard from itself.

There…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix bug from Excel update which is making Alt>h>v>v leave menu guide in place and preventing me from using the keyboard until I click a cell

Fix bug from Excel update which is making Alt>h>v>v leave menu guide in place and preventing me from using the keyboard until I click a cell

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. still have to hit escape to deselect copied items. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

still have to hit escape to deselect copied items. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stop jiggling the fucking_screen up and down when scrolling. ******* you microsoft.

stop jiggling the fucking_screen up and down when scrolling. ******* you microsoft.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Yes, I needed 15 ******* decimal points- enough so that I could obscure the cell display with your ******* ###### symbols. GODDOAMN YOU.

Yes, I needed 15 ******* decimal points- enough so that I could obscure the cell display with your ******* ###### symbols. GODDOAMN YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let people actually enter data (hint: NOT EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS A DATE)

Sometimes I enter text. Sometimes I enter fractions (funny huh, in a data entry application). They ARENT DATES! Thanks for destroying the actual data in the process of converting it. Also no matter how many buttons I mash it "detects" the date every time unless I manually enter every field with a ' before it. Here's an idea. DO WHAT I ACTUALLY ENTERED. Not what you think an idiot might be TRYING TO DO. The actual commands I entered. Do it. For once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. stop trying to guess what ******* formula I am using in new cells. You don't know what formula I want next. STAY THE **** OUT OF MY WAY.

stop trying to guess what ******* formula I am using in new cells. You don't know what formula I want next. STAY THE **** OUT OF MY WAY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd like to selectivley copy some cells to external apps like Notepad

When I selectively select cells to copy and paste into an app like Notepad, Excel seems to copy a range, ignoring my selection. I'd like copy and paste to work as expected, copying only the data the user selected to copy.

To see this behavior, create a new spreadsheet, and enter the following:
    A1 : 1
    A2 : 2
    A3 : 3

Then Control Click cells A1 and A3. Press Control-C to copy, then Control V in Notepad to paste.

Expected results:

Actual Results:

Was informed I needed to post this bug here as a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- WHY DOES SCROLLING NOT WORK TODAY? ******* YOU .

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- WHY DOES SCROLLING NOT WORK TODAY? ******* YOU .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HEY FUCKFACES AT FUCK_MICROSOFT- STOP ASKING TO SAVE EXCEL DOCUMENTS WHEN NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE.

HEY FUCKFACES AT FUCK_MICROSOFT- STOP ASKING TO SAVE EXCEL DOCUMENTS WHEN NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. FIX There's a problem with the clipboard, but you can still paste your content within this workbook." Just FIX IT!

FIX There's a problem with the clipboard, but you can still paste your content within this workbook." Just FIX IT!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. STOP ADDING FORMULAS WHEN YOU THINK I WANT ONE. FUCK_YOU. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.

STOP ADDING FORMULAS WHEN YOU THINK I WANT ONE. FUCK_YOU. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP_JIGGLING_THE_FUCKING_SCREEN_WHEN_SCROLLING. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

STOP_JIGGLING_THE_FUCKING_SCREEN_WHEN_SCROLLING. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. HEY FUCKFACES- WHY CAN FILTERS NOT IDENTIFY NUMBERS THIS MORNING? ********.

HEY FUCKFACES- WHY CAN FILTERS NOT IDENTIFY NUMBERS THIS MORNING? ********.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. LEAVE THE ******* NUM LOCK ON. ********.

LEAVE THE ******* NUM LOCK ON. ********.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base