Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the series limit or develop a new chart

I feel like I am talking to a machine which is giving me answers to questions I have not asked, and then I get another sales pitch before you have done anything, and then other terms and conditions which were not provided before my payment and which I do NOT accept. I am not impressed. Also, there is no information about your process until I pay more.

I am attaching the files for you to have a look at and then give me a recommendation: there is an Excel example and short description of the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem nach neustem Update mit der Bildschirmlupe

Nach dem letzten Update funktioniert Excel nicht mehr mit der Bildschirmlupe von Windows. Es funktioniert im normalen Zustand, aber sobald ich die Lupe benutze, kann ich nichts eintragen oder bearbeiten. Excel stürzt einfach ab und das Program schließt. Wenn ich es wieder öffne, ist mein Dokument in der Wiederherstellungsleiste drin.
    Wie gesagt, es gibt das Problem nur mit der Lupe. Ohne Lupe funktioniert alles gut.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhanced Data Point Markers

Four new data point markers could greatly expand nomogram creation by allowing adjacent scales on opposite sides of the same base line. They would look like the + data point marker with one arm removed or with three arms removed. For example, see my spiral slide rule in the attached file. With adjacent scales, a precise cursor is not required to transfer values between scales.

To better support this kind of chart, better control over the position of data point labels is needed. I know that I can move an individual data point label, but I need to move ALL…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. first order differential trend

I would really like to see a trend for a "first-order step change" equation. This is of the form y(t) = K(1-exp(-t/Tau) where the variables K and Tau are solved using a least-squares estimate. This type of equation is very common in engineering terms and would be incredibly handy to have as part of the default selection of trends available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save 3D PowerMap as SVG

It would be great if I could save a PowerMap (especially ones based only on numeric data) as an SVG 3-D graphic. These would be great when put into Word documents, Excel workbooks and PowerPoint slide shows (we can already animate them!).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give users the ability to put the color back in all the Toolbar icons. The October 2018 white/blue icons are impossible to decipher.

Give users the ability to put the color back in all the Toolbar icons. The October 2018 white/blue icons are impossible to decipher. Huge step backwards.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When adding a new screen - don't reset the view.

Whenever I open a document in a second screen (so two screens, one document), it resets the frozen panes and zoom function.
    I get that you would want to be able to change this, but I think it would be better to let the default function be the current settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Graphiques pyramides et cônes

Les graphiques avec les formes pyramides et cônes sont très design, mais manquent de clarté lié à la pointe de de la forme !

Une proposition moderne et plus précise serait permettre de faire une rotation à 180° sur ces formes et avoir les pointes contre le bas et la base en haut.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Secondary axis label

Hi, i noticed gaphical mistake in excel (Office 365). There is the same icon for secondary vertical axis label like secondary horizontal axis label in graph. It probably shouldn´t be :). I´m sending you printscreen in czech languages version. thanks Jan Neruda

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use the same Clear Filter icon for timelines and slicers

See the attached file. I see no reason to have this inconsistency. It is also a small waste of space to package Excel with these 2 graphics instead of just 1 of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Camera

When on any individual cell, If I open camera and take a picture I have the option to compress the picture into a clickable link that fits in the cell.
    Thus, I can insert pictures without having to edit them to fit the size of the cell that I want the link for the picture to be visible in.
    Then when the link is clicked on it will automatically enlarge to 100% over the spreadsheet. A close button to return it to the visible link would then be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A dark theme that includes the page.

I love the dark them, for the outer edges of Excel, however, I want the excel page to also invert. So the cells go black, the lettering goes white.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Power Query Auto Update

When we use Power Query in a workbook where the data is in the same workbook, we need to update the query every time a change has been made on the soruce data. An automatik update of the query should be implemented whenever the source data is updated. We can do it by a simple macro however adding a macro everytime you use power query is a non value added effort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you give an instruction show where the icon is. There is no point of reference.

Think in terms of the customer being totally unfamiliar and could be a casual user.

Before you release something new, have folk who don't know whatever you are done try to follow your instructions.

I am using a large amount of my allotted life time that is remaining to do a simple task that was once easy on Windows 7.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow export of box and whisker plot as vector

Other graphs can be copy-pasted as vectors into programs such as Illustrator, but box plots only paste as rasters. I want to be able to edit the plot in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save and undo button too close (Layout issue)

One can easily click the undo button then hit save without noticing. Please do consider total redesign lol, or something else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Graph axis labels should support subtext and supertext

In the picture, the graph axis titles come from O15:17

The cells have supertext in them, but this does not transfer to the axis labels

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base