Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Able the autofill tool in the worksheets

As we are able to use the autofill in the cells, sometimes I need to create some worksheets with months and the autofill will help me in my performance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel 365 Calculating thread bug

Every time I enter a value into a cell I get a "calculating 4 threads" notification and the system starts counting up from 1%,2%,3% and so on until 100% and this process takes a hundred seconds and sometimes even more and while it calculates, Excel freezes and I cannot do anything in the file! This results in a task that should take me one hour to do, now taking me 2 hours to do!
    Same file works fine in Office 2016. I have the same issue with 3 PCs which I have tried to use Microsoft 365 Excel. Other Microsoft…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please support numbers up to 2^(2^64). Thank you very much!

I love Excel, except when it can't handle large numbers...

2^(2^64) would be appreciated...

Maybe in a year or two?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Correct the Snapshot month drop down

Issue: Money in Excel Snapshot drop down for the month selection will not display December 2020. The latest date is November 2020. I started a new session and imported the data but no change. I had an IM session with a MS tech and I was sent here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hide "Display Settings" on status bar

Hi there. I'm using multiple monitor system about this in excel 2019 on status bar shown "Display Settings" and can't hide it. I have tried everything but can't hide it. Is it possible to add "hide display setting on status bar", because it's uncomfortable for working.

thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. your program instaleld is not working!

your programm is no workinga nd too complicate

version for school
    for home
    \must register in agroup...
    are you crazy? nobody undertsand your installation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add search bar ( Excel options GUI)

I suggest to add search bar for excel options since there are so many choices, this will make Excel look more professional and familiar.

This idea can be used in case more than 20 choices will look efficient

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. tabs invisible due to excel bug (macro warning seems cause)

My tabs are invisible due to a clear bug. I can double click in the grey space below the worksheet where the tabs should show, and then change the randomly clicked tabs' name. This also changes the view to the randomly clicked worksheet. But with 11 sheets that were visible when I made the book yesterday, I do not want to randomly find the right sheet. Takes too long.
    - closing and reopening the workbook does not help
    - other workbooks in the same excel instance do show their tabs
    - a macro warning appears when opening book and i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gerenciador de regras problemático

No gerenciador de regras, acredito que o botão excluir deveria estar no final à direita, longe dos demais botões, frequentemente quando seleciono alguma regra na lista de "Mostrar regras" acabo excluindo uma das regras por engano, por favor alterem isso.
    Outro ponto é, criem um botão para "desfazer" para o caso de excluir uma regra por engano, não faz sentido todo o sistema aceitar o CRTL + Z e isso não.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. force excel 2019 to open in a new instance by default

below is for excel 2016 but it does not work for excel 2019. anyone has any idea how to force excel 2019 to open in a new instance by default?

when i already open a excel and i open an excel attachment in outlook, it opens in the same instance.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/excel/force-excel-to-open-new-instance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Office feature updates available to Software Assurance customers.

Currently Office 365 versions of C2R gets all the latest updates and features based on channel but customers which require Office in air gapped environments are stuck point in time releases. Surely its about time to recognise that Office requiring constant internet connectivity isnt possible in every use case and offer updates for those that have invested in the product lifecycle just like Office 365 customers?

Example, Excel's shocking performance has been a pain point for many businesses for many years now with no fixes but as soon as this has finally been sorted out its only available to Office365…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. create a self test that Excel is working properly

A glitch crept into the program that a self test could find and correct. Please implement such a self test.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. adding real estate into Net Worth

Within Money in Excel, is there a way to add real estate, vehicles, farm equipment, and personal belongings?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I SUGGEST YOU HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR HELP

i suggest you have a telephone number for help with XL I am totally frustrated as I have a problem cannot get into my account and there is ABSOLUTELY NOBODY I CAN TALK TO

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel bussy issue when we not working.

Hello Team, when we stop working for few second it go in bussy or not responding mode. then we need to wait till excel wake up. some times it takes long time to move the arrow or move to next cell. in this case I disconnect network but some times it work some time it won't. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to turn off the ram limit in excel

I have a system with 32gb of ram and I have a pretty large spreadsheet and when I try to accomplish or make changes I always get a memory error. I know excel isn't using all my ram and I can see that clearly in task manager. If I have 32gb of ram I should be able to utilize it to its fullest potential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [BUG in Excel 2016 (MSI)] Emoji brings Excel to hang

If I type the emoji ✔ (bold checkmark) very fast more than one times, excel is hanging and then crashes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How do I create and upload a debug file to Microsoft? Excel just hung. I restarted Excel. during the restart, it said it was sending somethi

Feedback Really needs to provide a method to create a debug/error reporting creation tool and reporting mechanism

Many Application have an Option under Help to create such a package and then, upload it to their site.

Please add such functionality for Excel (True, maybe ALL Microsoft Products :) )

Your present Support Functionality under Help is Very DATED :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. continue to allow updates to Window 7

I can't upgrade to Windows 10. I have tried every single possible method I can find to avoid the C1900101-40017 error on upgrade and every method has failed. i have unplugged everything, I have booted from recovery move, I deleted all unused drivers, I have upgraded everything, multiple time, I have restored and repaired Windows and still get this error.

I have sent Microsoft emails about this, and the only reply references me to the things I have already tried.

Now you won't allow me to use new Excel features because your upgrades don't work despite trying everything. How fair…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prevent Range Names from Duplicating when Sheet is Copied within Workbook

Range names get duplicated when creating a copy of a sheet within a workbook. This is problematic because the same range name can now refer to two different data ranges. Changing the name of the range in the Formulas--Name Manager seems to have no effect, even though the range name and range in the Name Manager appear to be correct.

The only way to fix this, after the copy has been made, is to open the Name Manager, delete all the duplicated range names, and then create the new range names as usual.

Suggestions for improvement:

1. Do not include copying…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base