Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make undo work per workbook, not for all of Excel. I am commonly working in two workbooks and need to undo something I did in the other work

Ctrl + Z should work per workbook, not for all of Excel. I commonly have two workbooks open and work in them simultaneously, but when I use the undo shortcut it backs out through all of excel, instead of just the active workbook.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GET YOUR_FUCKING UPDATES AVAILABLE BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

GET YOURFUCKING UPDATES AVAILABLE BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Side Scrolling

Some mainstream Microsoft products already support side scrolling inputs from mouse inputs that are capable of doing so with a notable exception of Excel. Ironically, I feel Excel would benefited the most of this feature. I understand that a user can side scroll with the Scroll Lock enabled but if the user already has their hand on the mouse to scroll vertically then it would make sense to allow horizontal scrolling.

Again, this capability is natively there for may popular applications with the notable exception of Excel.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jon

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel Open file in multi instance by default

Hi We need to open a new instance of Excel by deflaut each time we open an excel file. The following solution are not suitable.

you can start a new Excel instance (process) by doing the following:
    run “Excel /x” (without quotes)
    or the DisableMergeInstance regkey because it works only when you open excel first and then open the file. It does not works double clicking on an excel file. Don't give one of those solution (https://excelgorilla.com/excel/general/open-multiple-instances-excel/) as we need it to be by default as Excel 2010 behavior.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow grouping/ungrouping in protected sheets

As someone who makes excel reports for people in the company, i must often lock the sheets so people cannot mess it up. However, when you lock a sheet, you are no longer able to group/ungroup without a macro.

Please allow grouping and ungrouping in protected sheets

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Histórico de Edição

Ao clicar com o botão direito do mouse, podemos ter uma opção para mostrar o "histórico de edições", e com isso temos o(s) usuário(s) que fizeram a modificações e quais os dados que foram digitados.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GET YOUR FUCKING_UPDATE NOW BANNER OUR OF THE WAY..

GET YOUR FUCKING_UPDATE NOW BANNER OUR OF THE WAY..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop filling in formats for me. stay the **** out of my way. You do not know what I am trying to do.

Stop filling in formats for me. stay the **** out of my way. You do not know what I am trying to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hey dumbasses at microsausage- why can a person open help when the cursor is inside a cell, but cannot search for a topic in help?

Hey dumbasses at microsausage- why can a person open help when the cursor is inside a cell, but cannot search for a topic in help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. STOP TRYING TO_FUCKING_GUESS_THE NEXT THING I AM GOING TO DO WITH FORMATING. YOU DO NOT KNOW. STAY THE_FUCK_OUT OF THE WAY.

STOP TRYING TO *** GUESS THE NEXT THING I AM GOING TO DO WITH FORMATING. YOU DO NOT KNOW. STAY THE OUT OF THE WAY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GET_YOUR FUCKING_POP_UPS OUT OF MY FACE WHEN I AM WORKING ******* YOU YOU FUCKING_PIECES OF SHIT_AT MICROSOFT.

GETYOUR FUCKINGPOPUPS OUT OF MY FACE WHEN I AM WORKING ******* YOU YOU FUCKINGPIECES OF SHIT_AT MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fixing the 'One level (folder) up' issue when linking in excel. One level up brings straight to desktop instead of the folder up.

This issue happens when trying to link files on a shared mapped drive. When clicking one folder up after clicking 'Link', it jumps straight to desktop. Had reached out to Microsoft support and they said they're running into this issue too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why have you removed the "Insert Comment" from my right-click pull down? Stop changing ****. It was fine where it was and some dumb "upda"

Why have you removed the "Insert Comment" from my right-click pull down? Stop changing . It was fine where it was and some dumb "update" of yours has now killed it? It's nowhere on any of your menus! Stop changing ! Leave it alone. I don't want or need sparkliness, you idiots

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel to latex add in

Add a latex add in because CTAN is not compatible with the newer versions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel 2016 is not responding.

I am using licensed copy of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. My Excel 2016 is running two slow and stops responding frequently. Further, on a particular worksheet, it is taking more than 2 seconds to move to next cell. I am unable to resolve this typical behaviour.

Unable to attach Excel File : too slow

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS EXCEL AND WORD problem .. It is opening very slow when starting

MS EXCEL AND WORD home and student 2016 problem .. It is opening very slow when starting
    After 01 file opening then work speed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If a cell's value before and after recalculation is the same, do not trigger the recalculation of dependent cells

Currently, whenever a cell's formula is changed, all downstream dependent cells will recalculate to reflect the potentially new value of the cell. However, if this value didn't change, this recalculation is wasted work and time, especially if the downstream calculations are slow.

Not all changes to formulas result in drastically different logic. Sometimes, a user may simply want to clean up the formula or add a small piece of error handling. Also, not all recalculations of a cell are due to a change in the formula. For example, because the TODAY function is volatile, any cell that uses it or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Validate cell values before triggering recalculation

Currently, when a value is entered into a cell, Excel will recalculate all downstream dependent cells before checking if the value is valid according to Data Validation. If the value is invalid, this recalculation is for nothing, since the value must be changed or removed anyways. If the downstream calculations are slow, then the user needs to wait unnecessarily before they can correct their entry.

Please check the validity of a cell value before triggering the recalculations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ******* you for wasting more and more of my time with each of your shit_product "updates". FUCK_ YOU MICROSOFT.

******* you for wasting more and more of my time with each of your shitproduct "updates". FUCK YOU MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Where to complain? Excel 2019 Woefully slow on tiny spreadsheet

I've got a s/s, same as my last 13 years, self employed, 3 sheets, sales, purchases and cashbook. It's no bigger than any of my oprevious year's similar spreadsheets.

I just copied a single row, got so bored for it to update, i went downstairs and got a beer, came back, still not updated - copying one single *** row!! - went for a , came back and finally it had managed it.

What the **** is wrong with you people? I know Excel inside out - there is nothing clever or complicated about this spreadsheet - and it's tiny…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base