Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make undo work per workbook, not for all of Excel. I am commonly working in two workbooks and need to undo something I did in the other work

Ctrl + Z should work per workbook, not for all of Excel. I commonly have two workbooks open and work in them simultaneously, but when I use the undo shortcut it backs out through all of excel, instead of just the active workbook.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When copying tabs, somtimes we have to cycle through 100s of "Yes" or "No" to the "Name already exists warning" Can we add Yes to All option

This is a major productivity killer for power users such as finance teams, and current UX does not help exit this state efficiently.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! We have released a few fixes to Insiders to address this issue. If you are on Insiders, please let us know if the fix has worked for you.

The fixes should be in build 11809.10000 and onwards.

-Joe McDaid [Excel Team]

3. Excel Open file in multi instance by default

Hi We need to open a new instance of Excel by deflaut each time we open an excel file. The following solution are not suitable.

you can start a new Excel instance (process) by doing the following:
    run “Excel /x” (without quotes)
    or the DisableMergeInstance regkey because it works only when you open excel first and then open the file. It does not works double clicking on an excel file. Don't give one of those solution (https://excelgorilla.com/excel/general/open-multiple-instances-excel/) as we need it to be by default as Excel 2010 behavior.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Histórico de Edição

Ao clicar com o botão direito do mouse, podemos ter uma opção para mostrar o "histórico de edições", e com isso temos o(s) usuário(s) que fizeram a modificações e quais os dados que foram digitados.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Side Scrolling

Some mainstream Microsoft products already support side scrolling inputs from mouse inputs that are capable of doing so with a notable exception of Excel. Ironically, I feel Excel would benefited the most of this feature. I understand that a user can side scroll with the Scroll Lock enabled but if the user already has their hand on the mouse to scroll vertically then it would make sense to allow horizontal scrolling.

Again, this capability is natively there for may popular applications with the notable exception of Excel.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jon

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ******* you for wasting more and more of my time with each of your shit_product "updates". FUCK_ YOU MICROSOFT.

******* you for wasting more and more of my time with each of your shitproduct "updates". FUCK YOU MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HEY FUCK_FACES- I DON'T WANT YOU TO MAKE THE FUCKING_COLUMN STUPID WIDE WHEN YOU DECIDE THAT I WANTED 15 ******* DECIMAL POINTS. FUCKU

HEY FUCKFACES- I DON'T WANT YOU TO MAKE THE FUCKINGCOLUMN STUPID FUCKINGWIDE WHEN YOU DECIDE THAT I WANTED 15 DECIMAL POINTS. . I DON'T NEED YOU TO ARBITRALIY ASSIGN 15 **** DECIMAL POINT THEN DECIDE MY COLUMN WAS TO NARROW. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. shyam

good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't ever lose data when the application crashes

Went to save my data after a couple hours of work. Attempted to save. Excel died. No option to even recover data. So ****** off right now. Never, ever, ever, ever, nevvver, ever, never, never, lose data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I NEED to update my excel to work on my Mac book pro.

need for excel to work with new Mac software IOS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WHY_THE_FUCK_ARE YOUR DOPEY_FUCKING_"TEMPLATES"_ALL OF A SUDDEN TAKING UP THE TOP SECTION OF THE FILE DROP DOWN? MORE USELESS_SHIT_FEATURES

WHYTHEFUCKARE YOUR DOPEYFUCKING"TEMPLATES"ALL OF A SUDDEN TAKING UP THE TOP SECTION OF THE FILE DROP DOWN? MORE USELESSSHITFEATURES

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Perhaps you can add a feature that makes Excel 365 not suck so many dicks. That would be ******* swell.

Perhaps you can add a feature that makes Excel 365 not suck so many dicks. That would be ******* swell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to open two excel files

I've been dealing with this for over a year. There are also several people within my company that seem to have the same issue. I'm really surprised this has not appeared somewhere on this forum (that I can find). Here is the issue:

The issue occurs when Excel already has a file open.  I try to open another file through Windows Explorer by double clicking it, or highlighting and hitting enter, or using a shortcut.  Explorer freezes for a brief moment, and the file does not open.  The status bar at the bottom of Excel does not show that a
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel 2016 is not responding.

I am using licensed copy of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. My Excel 2016 is running two slow and stops responding frequently. Further, on a particular worksheet, it is taking more than 2 seconds to move to next cell. I am unable to resolve this typical behaviour.

Unable to attach Excel File : too slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: excel doesn't auto capitalize IFS from downloaded docs

Google sheets accepts lower case for ifs and other functions.
    ive only found this bug with ifs but when you work on google sheets and download the files as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft excel doesn't autocapitalize the ifs so they are read initially but when you enter Enable Editing mode the formulas dont work anymore. replacing the ifs by IFS makes everything work and excel should do this when I hit the Enable Editing button!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow multiple workbooks to open in one instance of Excel like it always used to do

Allow multiple workbooks to open in one instance of Excel like it always used to do. The way it has always worked for years and years. The new version of excel that opens a new instance/window of excel every time you open a different workbook SUCKS and hinders efficiency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. speed it up

By chance I just used Excel 2002 the last days and it was so incredibly fast in all user operations.

At work I am forced to use Excel 365 on a modern windows laptop with fast processor and enough of memory. It is so sloooow in all operations: scrolling, switching between cells, typing, re-calculating.

On top of this I experience frequent failures (copy paste, formatting, ....)

How could you make a good working product performing such worse....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Accessibility checker - Permanent disable

Ive recently noted Accessibility Checker sitting and chewing up resources when I was trying to run a hefty excel model. I went and disabled it. Then - to my disgust it was re-enabled the next time i started excel. To my further disgust, I am advised that this cannot be disabled PERMANENTLY.

My suggestion - allow accessibility checker to be disabled PERMANENTLY

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix text to speech bug which gives incorrect date

The text-to-speech function, does not work properly. When reading dates even in our local regional format. It speaks the incorrect date. As if the format was USA format. I have reported this bug no one seems to be doing anything about it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. night mode

night mode please so my eyes dont burn

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)