Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GET YOUR_FUCKING UPDATES AVAILABLE BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

GET YOURFUCKING UPDATES AVAILABLE BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adding real estate into Net Worth

Within Money in Excel, is there a way to add real estate, vehicles, farm equipment, and personal belongings?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. REALLY LOVE HOW FUCKING_LESS_FUCKING USEFUL CUT AND PASTE FUNCTIONS ARE. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

REALLY LOVE HOW FUCKINGLESSFUCKING USEFUL CUT AND PASTE FUNCTIONS ARE. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the "problem with clipboard" mess

This clipboard issue is well known to Microsoft and it can and should be fixed immediately. With all the Ph.D. programmers at its disposal, there is no excuse other than "We don't really care if you users have annoying and time wasting problems with our software. We are working on more important things and can't be bothered with trivial issues." Since we pay for Office 360, we users are entitled to product functionality, and this clipboard issue causes us problems we don't need. Please fix this issue ASAP!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Size of Each sheet in a workbook

Hi Team - Can you give any option within excel to check the size of each tab in a workbook. So that its easy to know which tab is huge and causing issues.

Thanks!
    Ramesh

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Do not issue updates that change advance settings. Last update turned AutoComplete back on and slowed down my large spreadsheets.

Please do not issue updates that change non-security advanced settings. The last update apparently turned AutoComplete back ON, which renders very large spreadsheets with columns containing large amounts of text almost useless. (i.e. when entering a value in the column and moving to the next cell, Excel locks up for almost a minute trying to find something to AutoComplete with from a huge dataset before allowing the user to begin typing in the new cell). Not realizing an update would change this, a large spreadsheet quit functioning when presented during a web conference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent Range Names from Duplicating when Sheet is Copied within Workbook

Range names get duplicated when creating a copy of a sheet within a workbook. This is problematic because the same range name can now refer to two different data ranges. Changing the name of the range in the Formulas--Name Manager seems to have no effect, even though the range name and range in the Name Manager appear to be correct.

The only way to fix this, after the copy has been made, is to open the Name Manager, delete all the duplicated range names, and then create the new range names as usual.

Suggestions for improvement:

1. Do not include copying…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No-frills program for more data processing in excel

There should be a separate version of excel for running larger groups of data. I believe the limitation in current excel versions (around 1 million rows) is restricted because of all the font/shapes/extra formatting stuff that bogs down the system. Could there be a version of excel that has 1 font and no frills graphs that could process much more data?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to turn off the ram limit in excel

I have a system with 32gb of ram and I have a pretty large spreadsheet and when I try to accomplish or make changes I always get a memory error. I know excel isn't using all my ram and I can see that clearly in task manager. If I have 32gb of ram I should be able to utilize it to its fullest potential.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Taskbar Start app in separate Windows session

I know that the Taskbar is a Windows issue.
    But the way Office applications start and run is entirely an Office Issue. I want to know why Office 2010 and 365 work differently on the taskbar.

I've had too many cases when a file causes an application crash. If I have multiple files open in the same session, all of the documents are lost. Hence work is lost (regardless of the save options (and no I prefer not to use OneDrive) ). So I prefer to open documents and spreadsheets in separate windows sessions.

When I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quick access toolbar streamlining

When using fill color or font color, it is frustrating that when using keyboard shortcuts (after pressing alt key) i have to scroll through the entire palette to reach the color i desire. Even when added to the quick access toolbar, I still have to scroll through it.
    Changing the option on the quick access toolbar to have the fill/font color automatically change to the currently selected color.
    Alternatively/additionally, add a specific color to the quick access toolbar - which would facilitate quickly changing with multiple colors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel perfamance issue while applying middle Align or bottom align

Steps to reproduce:
    1.Open attached excel file
    2.Select 'B' column
    3.Apply middle Align or bottom align
    Actula result:Application is hanging and taking time to apply formats(Perfamanace is slow)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pocket Excel

My users often use the calculator to take care of simple calculations. Using Excel, in contrast, lets our users experience the breadth of depth of the incredible program Excel is. Unfortunately each user prefers the calculator because it's so much faster and our keyboards have a button for it.

If we could have a pocket version of Excel that could used for quick and simple calculations, we would really appreciate it.
    Here's how we envision it would look:
    A grid of cells (5 rows by 12 columns) that can only be interacted with the keyboard. Functions can certainly be used…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am writing in english or german on a Swiss Keyboard. I want to insert or delete comments, not notes, commetns bz using shortcut keyboard

I am writing in english or german on a Swiss Keyboard. I want to insert or delete comments, not notes, commetns by using shortcut keyboard. How I can do this? or how I can create my own keyboard shortcut?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Get rid of There is a problem with the clipboard, but you can still paste your content within this workbook

Excel get stuck on this, when doing a large background calculation. There is no way to interrupt this message popping up.

Get rid of it already!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. EXCEL. You have gotten worse

EXCEL. You have gotten worse. For my job, this is more of an inconvenience than an advantage. Will there be a way to open 2 files in one window? How you do it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. remove pagebreaks

Please provide an option to remove all page breaks from the entire workbook without having to go in to advanced options for each sheet. When not intending to print the file, the page breaks disrupt the comfortable viewing of the file needlessly, and with workbooks that have over a dozen sheets, removing these becomes very time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Place the last two or three commands used in the right click pop up menu to help users save time

Place the last two or three commands used in the right click pop up menu to help users save time. Example: Using Data>sort once and then being able to switch worksheets and right click anywhere and select Data>sort again without going to the menu at the top. Saves time for commands that don't have shortcut keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to pinpoint performance issues

It would be great to be able to detect which formulas and cells in an Excel sheet require more intense computation than others.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the Implicit Intersection Operator to be disabled.

Dear Microsoft Office assistants, the Implicit Intersection Operator has rendered 1 of my Excel docs useless. There should be a way to disable this operator. Fortunately for me, I can still open my doc on my older computer. Thanks for your attention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base