Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stock Data Type - Stock Data for Indian Stock Exchange - NSE

To update the stock data type with Indian stock stock exchange rates which will helpful..

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Money in Excel should allow manual entry of transactions.

Money in Excel should allow manual entry of older transactions so that the whole year's transactions can be contained in 1 sheet. Right now Money can only import about 90 days of transactions and January and February are missing from my transaction log.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text to Columns Wizard - Select multiple columns when changing Column data format

Text to Columns Wizard - Select multiple columns when changing Column data format

On using the Text to Columns functionality, you can change the Column data format (step 3 of 3). You can only select one column at a time and set the format. It would be great to select multiple columns and change the column format to one specific format in one go.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. update stock data type and STOCKHISTORY function with the ability to pull data from the Egyptian Stock Market

To be able to pull data from the Egyptian stock market using the Stock Data type and the STOCKHISTORY function

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stock Data for Singapore Stock Exchange - SGX

Hope to see data from Singapore Stock Exchange available in the Sock Data.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop automatically changing text and number fields to dates

Excel needs to provide a setting to allow users to prevent Excel from changing number and text data fields to "Date" data format when importing data. THIS IS INCREDIBLY AGGRAVATING. Once Excel incorrectly changes something in my .csv file to a date, I can no longer recover the number or text that it was supposed to be, and I must re-export the file from the database. It is absolutely unacceptable for excel to change my data, especially without giving a warning or providing a preferences setting that I can disable. Yet another example of how excel is a piece of…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Money in Excel

Support MFA for accounts in Money in Excel

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Insert Data From Picture Option Available for Excel Desktop

Insert Data From Picture has been rolled out for Excel Mobile.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/insert-data-from-picture-3c1bb58d-2c59-4bc0-b04a-a671a6868fd7

Please make this available for Excel Desktop. (Or is already available? If so how to access it?)

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. STOCKHISTORY Function properties fields to accept the string values

The new STOCKHISTORY function is great and accepts only the numeric values in the property why not to add the support of accepting the string values and make it more flexible for the users. attached is the sample.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. For the money in excel feature, allow manual input of accounts because some of the security features don't work well with the current import

Allow manual import of accounts for money in excel because some institutions don't work well with the current import method (e.g., wealthfront with 2 factor authentication that uses an authenticator app)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Power Query should allow Get from Folder from a Ondrive folder URL (not the mapped folder on the local file system)

Power Query allows Get from Folder from a local file system. If we are using Onedrive, we have to first map the folders to that local file system. We cannot directly enter the URL of the Onedrive folder as an https URL.

This would avoid the problem of having queries break when the local file system is different between, say, my work and my home PCs. EG the work folder may be C:\Users(work userid)\Onedrive - (my onedriveID)\folder name. But my home folder is C:\Users(home userid)\Onedrive - (my onedriveID)\folder name.
    I'd be happy to use "try Folder.Files (work*) otherwise Folder.Files (home*)…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Power BI Dataflows as a data source in "Get & Transform Data"

Please add Power BI Dataflows as a data source so that I can import data from a Dataflow into the local spreadsheet/data model.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-create-use

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Money in Excel - Add HSBC Bank

Please add to Money in Excel HSBC Bank. In USA, has $191B in assets, 43,000 employees, 228 branches. It is a shock this major bank is missing from Money in Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make power query in excel = power BI

Hello,
    Many of power query functions which has been in power BI for years still doesn't exist in excel version!

For example Html.Table,Web.BrowserContents and so on.

As far as i understand both excel and PB using the same engine under the hood.

Please make excel power query equal to power BI one. Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import data to Money for Excel from Quicken

Import data to Money for Excel from Quicken

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP FUCKING_TELLING ME THAT THE COPIED DATA IS NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE WORKSHEET YOUR COPYING TO WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY IDENTICAL IN SIZE.

STOP FUCKING_TELLING ME THAT THE COPIED DATA IS NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE WORKSHEET YOUR COPYING TO WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY IDENTICAL IN SIZE.

NEVER A PROBLEM IN THE PAST, NOW YOUR ***** SOFTWARE ENGINEERS CANNOT EVEN DO THIS FUNCTION THAT HAS NOT BEEN A PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS.. GOFUCKYOURSELVES MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. remove empty rows and columns automatically

When importing data from other formats, say a pdf, the data is often formatted badly with lots of empty columns and rows between fields of useful data, these are usually minimised and get in the way of performing useful functions.I would like the ability to automatically remove any column or row within a highlighted data area, where the whole column or row contains no data. the sheet I am looking at currently goes up to column EY, but only has 12 columns of actual data. similarly it is 597 rows high and only should be around 100.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Getting Data from another excel file copies the cell format and style

I want to have a separate excel sheet that can get an updated data from another worksheet and also follows the cell format and style.

I can only get an updated data but it won't follow the cell format and style

If I do a copy/paste, I can get the data with the format and style but it won't update any data if there are changes from the other workbook

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Power Query Undo/Redo

The Power Query editor is nearly perfect! However when I accidentally deleted an Applied Step and realized I couldn’t undo that, I realized PQ really does have an opportunity for improvement! Please upvote this post so they will add Undo/Redo capability into Power Query!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base